Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default School break is over, back to Troy tomorrow

Kid has been home since the 21st when I went and picked him up. Time sure went fast!

As the man of the house, I'm supposed to be the tough one! Kid doesn't seem to care, so long as he has access to his computer and video games. The woman has always been better emotionally than I am, and seems to take things in stride. Me? I'm the worrier of the family who worries and writes down every last detail. Sad to say goodbye again, worrying about him taking care of himself, getting to classes, not being afraid to seek help if he needs it... just everything basically.

But hell, he's 18 years old now, time to man up. I suppose if I don't let go and let him "succeed or fail" - then he'll never grow up properly. I/we give him support, finances & everything we can short of doing the work for him. He's a lazy kid, although very smart, and I worry about the simplest of things as getting out of bed and getting to his damn classes!

Ain't easy letting go. And if you had asked me 10 years ago, I likely would have said I can't wait to kick his ass out the front door! Easier said than done.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Black Diamond, LongTermGuy, aboutime thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

How does he feel about going back?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes LongTermGuy, Kathianne, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Like Abbey, I want to know how the first semester went. Is he enjoying it?

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    How does he feel about going back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Like Abbey, I want to know how the first semester went. Is he enjoying it?
    I so wish I knew these answers.

I've seen no paperwork or online of anything, so have no clue how he is going and how his attendance is. When I talk to him, he's always very distant about it and seems to not want to talk about it. But he's looking forward to going back, so I suppose that means something. And I just found out he belongs to a poker club that plays at some union, which is great for him, since he never has friends and never goes out!

His worst habit is still staying up most of the night and then being lazy most of the day. I have no idea if this is affecting his classes or not as we ain't there. For all I know he hasn't went to a single class yet!

I'll try getting some answers from him on the ride today. Gonna be leaving shortly and will be back tomorrow or the next, depending.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

I've seen no paperwork or online of anything, so have no clue how he is going and how his attendance is. When I talk to him, he's always very distant about it and seems to not want to talk about it. But he's looking forward to going back, so I suppose that means something. And I just found out he belongs to a poker club that plays at some union, which is great for him, since he never has friends and never goes out!

His worst habit is still staying up most of the night and then being lazy most of the day. I have no idea if this is affecting his classes or not as we ain't there. For all I know he hasn't went to a single class yet!

I'll try getting some answers from him on the ride today. Gonna be leaving shortly and will be back tomorrow or the next, depending.

He won't tell you his grades? Ummm, you're paying for school, right? The school can't tell you his grades, but he certainly should!

Since he had good grades in HS, he probably still does. The fact that he wants to go back IS the best sign that things are going well. A poker club is excellent, since it is a social thing.

Sounds like the choice was a good one.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

12. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

"Good Luck Jim"