Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default The Third Option

Option 1: Reopen the Federal Government and hope that in exchange, Chuck and Nancy would fund the wall.
    Option 2: Declare nation emergency and begin to build the wall using existing federal funding. This would result in months of court challenges until the Supreme Court finally confirms the President's right to do so. This would put us right up against the 2020 election cycle so expect weak kneed Republicans to begin wavering in their support of the wall.
    Option 3: Declare national emergency and immediately deploy the military to begin boarder reinforcement.

Oath Keepers: POTUS should deploy military along border to ‘STOP the invasion’

Oath Keepers is urging the commander-in-chief to order the “U.S. military (the Army Corps of Engineers and military combat engineer units) to build the necessary layered system of wall/steel fencing, patrol roads, and surveillance systems – all backed up by ongoing military, National Guard, and militia … that are needed to finally and fully secure the entire 2,000 mile border with Mexico.”
    The statement made several observations about conditions along the border that warrants a military response:
    — In addition to a humanitarian crisis, there is a “military invasion by international terrorists, an insurrection against the laws of the union,” and “Mexican drug cartels” waging “unconventional warfare” in order to smuggle illicit drugs into the country.
    [B]— “…rutal drug cartels, their violent street gang allies, and the violent aliens they bring in,” are killing Americans in greater numbers, with “Newman, CA., police Cpl. Ronil Singh being the most recent victim.”— The cartels are “taking over U.S. territory just as they have taken over Northern Mexico.”
    — The “humanitarian crisis goes hand-in-hand with the terrorism, unconventional warfare, and invasion of our nation” across our international boundary with our southern neighbor.
    — Tens of thousands of Americans are dying each year “because of the illegal drug trade that the Mexican drug cartels run and supply.” Further, many more Americans are killed by illegal alien drivers who are drunk or otherwise impaired.

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019...-the-invasion/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Just to be clear there is no "invasion". Seeking asylum is perfectly legal. I'm kind of a amazed none of you are demanding we change that law. And frankly that you military peeps think it's a good idea to divert military personal and money to stopping women and children.
    Last edited by pete311; 01-10-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default Yes petey, whittle boy...

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Just to be clear there is no "invasion". Seeking asylum is perfectly legal. I'm kind of a amazed none of you are demanding we change that law. And frankly that you military peeps think it's a good idea to divert military personal and money to stopping women and children.

We Military peeps believe in what our OATH said. Defending The Nation, and Constitution. If you break LAWS....no matter whether you are a child, woman, or man. YOU ARE A LAWBREAKER, and, in this case. They Become ILLEGAL for breaking our Laws.
    MILITARY PEOPLE "DEFEND" THE NATION.

Not something YOU seem to respect, or be aware of at all. We are amazed that you brag about being so totally IGNORANT.
    Last edited by aboutime; 01-10-2019 at 05:37 PM.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

4. Thanks Drummond, Elessar thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Either people crossing the border do so legally, or illegally. One or the other.

Until the US officially, formally, recognises those 'migrants' as legal ... then, they're NOT.

This 'illegals are legal' equivalence argument of yours, Pete, is totally perverse. You have to see that (?).

Perhaps you think that all the fuss about building a wall across the US-Mexico border is about keeping LEGAL migrants out ???

But never mind. Maybe, Pete, you think there are 'acceptable' levels of illegal immigration, versus non-acceptable levels ?

If so ... tell us what they are !! How many illegal immigrants per year should the US tolerate, before the authorities begin to see there's a problem to be tackled ? Come on ....

.... tell us all where you draw the line. How many ILLEGALS should be ACCEPTED, before their illegality is actually, ahem, ILLEGAL ?

Can you cite us a law, statute, anything, which defines these limits ??
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes, if done legally. This movement is not even an attempt at being legal.

Oaths Taken: "To Protect and Defend The Constitution of the United States of America",
    something you have never done, and an Oath that the liberal whiners in The Congress took but tend to
    ignore when it suits them - which is quite often the last two years especially.

Who put those women and children in jeopardy, Pete? They were warned when they assembled in Honduras and
    Guatemala that they would not be let in...but onward they came. Whose fault is that? THEIRS!

Put the blame where it belongs...the marchers! Plus the liberals in D.C. that turned their backs on the issue, going away
    from statements they made 10 years ago.

Don't pile it on us, you worm.
    Last edited by Elessar; 01-10-2019 at 07:48 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Economic problems are not just-cause for asylum.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks Elessar, Drummond, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It most certainly is not legal to cross into this country illegally .

Why tell such an obvious lie?

11. Likes jimnyc, High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

And mentioning "women and children" as well. While of course some of them coming are - most are young aged males - and this has been covered endlessly.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    And mentioning "women and children" as well. While of course some of them coming are - most are young aged males - and this has been covered endlessly.

And it isn't even relevant. The law doesn't say "women and children may enter the US any way in which they choose"

Imagine if children were robbing banks and the FBI was told "Don't go after them,they are just children"

15. Likes FakeNewsSux liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Asylum seekers, according to international law, are supposed to seek asylum in the FIRST nation they encounter outside their own, that would Mexicans the ONLY ones LEGALLY eligible for asylum in America, and since we know they're not suffering religious persecution of any other truly horrid oppression, their chances are slim. So all those coming from South America LEGALLY are not eligible for asylum in America.

Now I ask myself... why did I take the time to explain all that when I know damn well you know it all already? I don't know... you're a leftist cuck and you like to LIE and act STUPID... because no one can actually be as STUPID or IGNORANT as you like to portray yourself here... can they? Are you really that STUPID, little pete, or do you like to PLAY stupid and lie?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-11-2019 at 11:42 AM.

17. Thanks FakeNewsSux thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Next dem pres will declare a national emergency on guns or climate. See how this works? Dangerous precedent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post

Sec. 208. (a) Authority to Apply for Asylum.-

(1) In general. - Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 235(b).

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...html#0-0-0-192

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Economic problems are not just-cause for asylum.
    That is for the courts to determine, not your broad assumptions. Change the law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Asylum seekers are SUPPOSED to seek asylum in the FIRST nation they encounter outside their own, that would Mexicans the ONLY ones LEGALLY eligible for asylum in America, and since we know they're not suffering religious persecution of any other truly horrid oppression, their chances are slim. So all those coming from South America LEGALLY are not eligible for asylum in America.
    This is some made up bullshit. Source please. Show me the law.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Next dem pres will declare a national emergency on guns or climate. See how this works? Dangerous precedent.
    Let them try, and see if the SC allows it. I'll bet $500 right now, and let someone of YOUR choice on the board hold the money...

And hell, by the time the Dems get the presidency again, Ginsburg may no longer be around, but there may be a replacement!!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock