Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Sec. 208. (a) Authority to Apply for Asylum.-

(1) In general. - Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 235(b).

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...html#0-0-0-192
    And they can go the proper route - so a wall would have no bearing on those wanting to come in legally.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is some made up bullshit. Source please. Show me the law.
    I do realize you know all about MADE UP BULL SHIT, so when someone presents you with the TRUTH, you have a hard time recognizing it, but, sorry to burst your little leftard fake news bull shit bubble... and you could have just as EASILY looked this up as I did, you just LOVE to play your little STUPID game...

https://www.refworld.org/cgi-bin/tex...ocid=4bab55da2
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-11-2019 at 11:50 AM.

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Sec. 208. (a) Authority to Apply for Asylum.-

(1) In general. - Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 235(b).

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...html#0-0-0-192
    The issue of 'recognising' any 'legal' status isn't relevant to those who cross the border, at the time that they do. It's only relevant when such an application HAS BEEN MADE, THROUGH THE PROPER PROCESS, and ASYLUM IS GRANTED.

Until that point, there's no way you can claim that these would-be immigrants have legal status to be on US soil.

I know that you want to. But, you actually can't.

This means that you're trying to defend the presence of illegal aliens ... which brings me back to my earlier post. I'd like for you to quantify for me how many illegal aliens the US should do nothing at all about, before this becomes a problem you feel should be meaningfully addressed.

My post of before, which you've so far dodged, said:

... tell us what they are !! How many illegal immigrants per year should the US tolerate, before the authorities begin to see there's a problem to be tackled ? Come on ....

.... tell us all where you draw the line. How many ILLEGALS should be ACCEPTED, before their illegality is actually, ahem, ILLEGAL ?

In short ... how many illegals does it take to equal 'illegal', in the Leftie mindset ... ? H'mm ... ??

Who else but a Leftie would be content to defend illegality, on so-called 'moral' grounds ??
    Last edited by Drummond; 01-11-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

6. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This is some made up bullshit. Source please. Show me the law.

What the fuck? Are you seriously this uneducated as to international law and opining on the topic anyway? Or are you just being dishonest?

Pete, I'm a little feller like you's worse nightmare.

Here you go dipshit, the exact document that defines the concept of first country which is the international law, to which both the US and Mexico are signatories.

In reality the US can deport EVERYONE who came here through Mexico and requested asylum right back to Mexico without granting them an asylum hearing, because under international law MEXICO would be required to grant them asylum under international law (unless of course Mexico wasn't the first safe country they entered)

That we have been generous and done MORE than the law calls for doesn't mean they have a right.

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I do realize you know all about MADE UP BULL SHIT, so when someone presents you with the TRUTH, you have a hard time recognizing it, but, sorry to burst your little leftard fake news bull shit bubble... and you could have just as EASILY looked this up as I did, you just LOVE to play your little STUPID game...

I take my comment back as there is something to this, but I've found it's not clear cut, because that appears to only apply when a country is deemed a "safe third country". Trump is currently trying to label Mexico that, but I don't think it's happened yet.
    http://immigrationimpact.com/2018/06...third-country/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I take my comment back as there is something to this, but I've found it's not clear cut, because that appears to only apply when a country is deemed a "safe third country". Trump is currently trying to label Mexico that, but I don't think it's happened yet.
    http://immigrationimpact.com/2018/06...third-country/
    Even if - WHY does the wall even harm those wanting to come legally, or seeking asylum?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Let them try, and see if the SC allows it. I'll bet $500 right now, and let someone of YOUR choice on the board hold the money...

And hell, by the time the Dems get the presidency again, Ginsburg may no longer be around, but there may be a replacement!!
    False Jim, the Supreme Court , nor any lower court, should be allowed to tell the President that he needs to justify a national emergency. Elections have consequences. If the man elected says "This is a national emergency" well that's why he was elected, to make that call. We shouldn't want any court over ruling him simply because a minority disagrees.

Leave being inconsistent to the liberal shit bags.

13. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    False Jim, the Supreme Court , nor any lower court, should be allowed to tell the President that he needs to justify a national emergency. Elections have consequences. If the man elected says "This is a national emergency" well that's why he was elected, to make that call. We shouldn't want any court over ruling him simply because a minority disagrees.

Leave being inconsistent to the liberal shit bags.
    But it wouldn't just be because the minority disagreed - but rather because those in favor of the 2nd amendment would be correct in that instance, and it would rightfully get challenged and rejected.

Now, they will likely try similar if Trump were to do this trying to get funding for a wall. But from what he would be doing - to immediately thinking it would be therefore OK to then take guns, would be a stretch, IMO.

But I agree on the inconsistency or aka hypocrisy from the left. And personally, I'm of the belief that they should avoid congress and any emergency by using already funded money from the defense somehow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

That is for the courts to determine, not your broad assumptions. Change the law.
    Ah, so you are in favor of ignoring/breaking any laws if it suits you. That’s wonderful.
    How about I say I want to murder someone. Don’t like it? Change the law. What a ridiculously specious argument.

At least now you admit that these people have no right to asylum. That’s good.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

16. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes FakeNewsSux, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

But it wouldn't just be because the minority disagreed - but rather because those in favor of the 2nd amendment would be correct in that instance, and it would rightfully get challenged and rejected.

Now, they will likely try similar if Trump were to do this trying to get funding for a wall. But from what he would be doing - to immediately thinking it would be therefore OK to then take guns, would be a stretch, IMO.

But I agree on the inconsistency or aka hypocrisy from the left. And personally, I'm of the belief that they should avoid congress and any emergency by using already funded money from the defense somehow.
    Now if we're talking like a liberal President said "Guns are national emergency" and tried to confiscate guns, well then that would of course end up in court, and is entirely different than what I was getting at.

For one that would end up in court, becuase of the gun issue, for another it would end up in court because Presidents do not make laws. They enforce them.

So in order for Noir's statement to be accurately compared you would have to imagine a Democrat President declaring a national emergency to build something required to enforce existing federal law, not something that would create federal law itself.

For example, let's take the same issue and reverse it a little bit. Suppose a Democratic President said "we need more immigration courts and judges, it's ridiculous that these people are having to wait 3-5 years for a hearing" and a Republican Congress refuse to give him funding for those additional courts he wanted and he just said "to hell with Congress" and declared a national emergency.

Now, let's go a step further with that. Imagine this Democratic President had ran on that platform and was elected with everyone knowing that if elected he was going to one way or the other add those courts .

Should THAT end up in court ? I think not. A President has the authority to say "this is a national emergency, we NEED more assets to enforce federal law" and no court should be able to say "Sorry President, but you must convince US that there in a national emergency"

18. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That is for the courts to determine, not your broad assumptions. Change the law.
    False moron. International law determines who qualifies for asylum and why.

I told you Petey, I'm a moron such as yourself's worst nightmare.

https://ijrcenter.org/refugee-law/

Do some research kid.

20. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Now if we're talking like a liberal President said "Guns are national emergency" and tried to confiscate guns, well then that would of course end up in court, and is entirely different than what I was getting at.
    That's the exact scenario I was defending - and assuming what liberals are talking about, as I've heard this several times now. "If Trump declares this, then what's to stop the next Dem president from declaring similar and taking all guns away".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

That's the exact scenario I was defending - and assuming what liberals are talking about, as I've heard this several times now. "If Trump declares this, then what's to stop the next Dem president from declaring similar and taking all guns away".
    That is an ENTIRELY different scenario. Because Presidents do not make law, well unless they are named Lincoln, Wilson, Roosevelt, or Obama anyway.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

The courts. I guess OJ was innocent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Ah, so you are in favor of ignoring/breaking any laws if it suits you. That’s wonderful.
    How about I say I want to murder someone. Don’t like it? Change the law. What a ridiculously specious argument.

At least now you admit that these people have no right to asylum. That’s good.
    I love it when leftists say it is up to the courts. There are many Supreme Court decisions in the 1800s they must think were spot on.