Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Default Annual (or so) Fashion Bitch

I don't get some of this crap. I needed new sweats this year. Sucks, but it happens. So I start looking around. Pick up a few items here and there.

I want to know Who the f- designed current sweat pants. The crotch is halfway between my actual crotch and knees, and they're baggy as Hell. Up to that point. Then the leg get all tight and tapered It's like I want to look like Spongebob or something. Square-ass pants with two sticks for legs.

Then there are the hoodies. Beautiful. They look really cool. They wouldn't keep you warm on a sunny day at the beach. I don't want to look cool. I go out at 5 AM. The stray cats, birds and few people going to work that early don't care how well-coiffed I am in the dark. I want to be freakin' warm. The whole point to a "hooded sweatshirt".

And when did it become okay to wear PT gear as social attire? THAT offends the jarhead in me. PT gear is for PT. You shower and put on appropriate attire afterward. And I'm not talking about sitting around the house or whatever. I'm talking about wearing the crap to church and school. Going to church in shower shoes.

Then there are "skinny jeans". First, if you are skinny, why would you want to advertise it? Second, if you AREN'T skinny, why would you want to prove it shoving your misshaped ass into what amounts to tights disguised as blue jeans so EVERYONE knows you are misshaped? Get some Levi's and let everyone (that wants to) guess the rest
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't get some of this crap. I needed new sweats this year. Sucks, but it happens. So I start looking around. Pick up a few items here and there.

I want to know Who the f- designed current sweat pants. The crotch is halfway between my actual crotch and knees, and they're baggy as Hell. Up to that point. Then the leg get all tight and tapered It's like I want to look like Spongebob or something. Square-ass pants with two sticks for legs.

Then there are the hoodies. Beautiful. They look really cool. They wouldn't keep you warm on a sunny day at the beach. I don't want to look cool. I go out at 5 AM. The stray cats, birds and few people going to work that early don't care how well-coiffed I am in the dark. I want to be freakin' warm. The whole point to a "hooded sweatshirt".

And when did it become okay to wear PT gear as social attire? THAT offends the jarhead in me. PT gear is for PT. You shower and put on appropriate attire afterward. And I'm not talking about sitting around the house or whatever. I'm talking about wearing the crap to church and school. Going to church in shower shoes.

Then there are "skinny jeans". First, if you are skinny, why would you want to advertise it? Second, if you AREN'T skinny, why would you want to prove it shoving your misshaped ass into what amounts to tights disguised as blue jeans so EVERYONE knows you are misshaped? Get some Levi's and let everyone (that wants to) guess the rest
    I'm guessing some of the new sweats are designed like that because FAT people wear them. They can't find regular pants or jeans or whatever to wear, and their gut flap hangs way down their front, sweat pants are about the only thing they can get in that stretches and gives with their bulges. I know a guy who's probably 375 and I swear, sweat pants is the only thing I've ever seen him wear. So I think they just design 'some' sweat clothes with the fat person in mind.

I've got a good pair of sweats, top and bottoms, that I got from Amazon a few years ago, nice and heavy, fit perfect, you should check there, bro. Oh, and I've lost 14 pounds myself. 221 down to 207 so far, about half way to my goal. I'll get there, without doubt, and I might even lose a little more. Feels damn good to lose weight.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-14-2019 at 08:24 AM.