Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
While I don't believe it will make one difference whether we have 2,000 troops in Syria or not, I DO hope that it was made clear to Turkey, you touch the Kurds , we will fuck you up.

Turkey is another country that simply isn't our ally , no matter how much they pretend.
Yeah, they just got lit up by Pence and Pompeo yesterday-ish for going through with an arms deal with Russia.

I hate the place and the people in it. Kick them out of NATO. Turkey's strategic importance has been taken over by technology. We no longer need hard radar and radio sites as close to Russia as possible as we did in the 40s-70s. AWCS shut them down. (I lived on 2 of them as a kid -- one in Turkey and one in Greece). I know the aforementioned because my dad's job went away. He was senior enough to not give a fuck

Meantime, as it always is with Turks, Erdogan is only impressed by brute force. He sees Putin invade Ukraine and bail Syria while NATO threatens to threaten them to death. Turkey borders all three places.

If NATO had any 'nads, they'd kick Turkey out. In real time, Turkey is no more of a threat than Iraq was.