Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Yes, babysitting IS a bitch. Just noticed this.

Obama did not put us in Syria. If you recall, we were losing Iraq under Obama. Trump stopped that BS and Syria is how far we shoved ISIS. We were assisting Assad only insofar as ISIS was concerned.

Turkey turned this thing FUBAR, using it as an excuse to practice genocide against kurds he accused of screwing with Turkey. Those kurds had been in Northern Iraq since the First Gulf War. They steadfastly supported us through that War, the Iraq War and ISIS. I think just bailing on them is BS. It is not however, as previously mentioned, anything new nor novel for the US.

I realize you think a raghead's a raghead's a raghead. Difference is, they are over there where they belong and they can kill each other all day fr all I care. They could now very well end up over here seeking asylum while bearing a grudge at being left in the field, where we DON'T want them. I'd as soon break them off a piece of Syria and tell Erdogan and Assad to go f*ck themselves, or each other, or their favorite goat, whatever.

I like them better than where they are rather than holding political office in MI or wherever that POS Omar is representing.
While I don't believe it will make one difference whether we have 2,000 troops in Syria or not, I DO hope that it was made clear to Turkey, you touch the Kurds , we will fuck you up.

Turkey is another country that simply isn't our ally , no matter how much they pretend.