Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default DEATH KISS: Gillette Trashes “Toxic Masculinity” In Brand New Ad To Men

It's getting to the point where you wonder what the world will be like in a very short time. This crap is out of hand... just unreal... and it is ALL coming from the DEMOCRATS. This is a product of their DECADES of BRAIN WASHING in public schools. I thank the Lord every day now for being as old as I am. I feel PITY for young kids today like my grandson. He'll never know what kind of freedoms I had as a kid, and that we didn't put up with ANY of this BULL SHIT.

There's ALREADY A HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND DISLIKES to this video on youtube.

--------------------

DEATH KISS: Gillette Trashes “Toxic Masculinity” In Brand New Ad To Men

Gillette has taken sides in American politics and decided to join Democrats and liberals in the #MeToo movement.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Gillette has released a brand new advertisement attacking “toxic masculinity,” which many are already calling the “kiss of death.”

As many have argued, it’s a bad business decision for Gillette to trash men in an advertisement that is aimed at men.

The ad, which is titled, “We Believe,” begins with audio of news about the current #MeToo movement, bullying, and “toxic masculinity.”

The narrators of the ad then disputes the notion that “boys will be boys,” asking, “Is this the best a man can get? Is it? We can’t hide from it. It has been going on far too long. We can’t laugh it off, making the same old excuses.”

Watch below: https://ilovemyfreedom.org/death-kis...medium=twitter

The new ad campaign puts a mind boggling new spin on the company’s 30-year tagline, “The Best A Man Can Get,” and attacks “toxic masculinity.”

It also blatantly tells men to change their behavior, which is odd given it assumes all men are to blame in the era of the #MeToo movement.

Pankaj Bhalla, Gillette brand director for North America, released a statement via email explaining her decision to undoubtedly anger a large portion of the companies customers.

-----------------------------

“This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own. We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together.”

--------------------------

Dean Crutchfield, CEO of branding firm Crutchfield + Partners, warned that Gillette’s move could have backfiring consequences.

----------------------------

“It’s a risky move On one hand, it creates a credible, believable, and upfront conversation that takes brutal honesty and tough decisions. Gillette needs to appeal to millennials who care about what companies stand for. There’s a demand for this, for purpose, for brands to be tackling tough issues in the moment. Does the customer want to be told they’re a naughty boy? Are you asking too much of your consumer to be having this conversation with them?”

So liberals and Gillette argue and believe that masculinity is bad and that women want men to act more feminine.

Brands that wade into politics and social issues risk turning off a major chuck of their customers who don’t agree with their stance.

Customers who are being attacked or maligned for holding a different point of view tend to boycott or completely stop using the brand, which could have a big effect on Gillette if tens of thousands of men stop buying their products.

The hashtag “#BoycottGillette” is already trending on Twitter.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-15-2019 at 12:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I quit buying their products long ago due to their ties with the New England Patriots. Nice to see they have validated my decision.
    Last edited by FakeNewsSux; 01-15-2019 at 01:12 AM.

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)

Idiots. I use a Remington electric razor, but I'll be damned if Gillette is purchased the next time I'm buying.

I've already banned Levi's and Nike. They both decided to wade into the political fray and I changed brands because of it.
    Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

5. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
    Idiots. I use a Remington electric razor, but I'll be damned if Gillette is purchased the next time I'm buying.

I've already banned Levi's and Nike. They both decided to wade into the political fray and I changed brands because of it.
    Yeah the only time I ever shaved with a razor was in basic training. I've used an electric shaver the rest of my life, but I haven't even used that for decades. I have always had some sort of face hair, and I just use a little cordless trimmer for that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-17-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Nike and Levi's on the list. The NFL. Just tried out a Schick razor today. Barbasol shaving cream. The ex-razor was a Gillette. Don't have anything else made by Gillette,

My electric is a Braun. Its basic function for me is a beard and moustache trimmer. It actually is the first electric shaver I have ever owned I can shave with. If I want to. Once every blue moon

Hah! Screw with me and I'll get a safety razor. What I learned on.

Very nice of folks like this to out themselves and save me the trouble. That was one, dumb commercial. Not to mention long as Hell.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default DEATH KISS: Gillette Trashes “Toxic Masculinity” In Brand New Ad To Men

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    It's getting to the point where you wonder what the world will be like in a very short time. This crap is out of hand... just unreal... and it is ALL coming from the DEMOCRATS. This is a product of their DECADES of BRAIN WASHING in public schools. I thank the Lord every day now for being as old as I am. I feel PITY for young kids today like my grandson. He'll never know what kind of freedoms I had as a kid, and that we didn't put up with ANY of this BULL SHIT.

There's ALREADY A HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND DISLIKES to this video on youtube.

--------------------

DEATH KISS: Gillette Trashes “Toxic Masculinity” In Brand New Ad To Men

Gillette has taken sides in American politics and decided to join Democrats and liberals in the #MeToo movement.

According to The Wall Street Journal, Gillette has released a brand new advertisement attacking “toxic masculinity,” which many are already calling the “kiss of death.”

As many have argued, it’s a bad business decision for Gillette to trash men in an advertisement that is aimed at men.

The ad, which is titled, “We Believe,” begins with audio of news about the current #MeToo movement, bullying, and “toxic masculinity.”

The narrators of the ad then disputes the notion that “boys will be boys,” asking, “Is this the best a man can get? Is it? We can’t hide from it. It has been going on far too long. We can’t laugh it off, making the same old excuses.”

Watch below: https://ilovemyfreedom.org/death-kis...medium=twitter

The new ad campaign puts a mind boggling new spin on the company’s 30-year tagline, “The Best A Man Can Get,” and attacks “toxic masculinity.”

It also blatantly tells men to change their behavior, which is odd given it assumes all men are to blame in the era of the #MeToo movement.

Pankaj Bhalla, Gillette brand director for North America, released a statement via email explaining her decision to undoubtedly anger a large portion of the companies customers.

“This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own. We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together.”

--------------------------

Dean Crutchfield, CEO of branding firm Crutchfield + Partners, warned that Gillette’s move could have backfiring consequences.

----------------------------

“It’s a risky move On one hand, it creates a credible, believable, and upfront conversation that takes brutal honesty and tough decisions. Gillette needs to appeal to millennials who care about what companies stand for. There’s a demand for this, for purpose, for brands to be tackling tough issues in the moment. Does the customer want to be told they’re a naughty boy? Are you asking too much of your consumer to be having this conversation with them?”

So liberals and Gillette argue and believe that masculinity is bad and that women want men to act more feminine.

Brands that wade into politics and social issues risk turning off a major chuck of their customers who don’t agree with their stance.

Customers who are being attacked or maligned for holding a different point of view tend to boycott or completely stop using the brand, which could have a big effect on Gillette if tens of thousands of men stop buying their products.

The hashtag “#BoycottGillette” is already trending on Twitter.
    So let me get this straight.... a company that makes men’s products is telling men that there is something wrong with them?

And they don’t think that’s a bad idea?

Has it ever occurred to them that they might lose a few million customers by doing that?

But not to worry, they are in good with the MeToo movement.... perhaps the NOW will start buying their products....

I’m wondering when mandatory castrations of all Men and Boys will become Federal Law.... we seem to be headed in that direction

BTW there are one million and one dislikes on that video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 01-18-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

9. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    So let me get this straight.... a company that makes men’s products is telling men that there is something wrong with them?

And they don’t think that’s a bad idea?

Has it ever occurred to them that they might lose a few million customers by doing that?

But not to worry, they are in good with the MeToo movement.... perhaps the NOW will start buying their products....

I’m wondering when mandatory castrations of all Men and Boys will become Federal Law.... we seem to be headed in that direction

BTW there are one million and one dislikes on that video...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm trying to find out who exactly the primary target audience is. Infomercials? Ads/commercials are annoying as Hell but I haven't seen one yet that is this long-winded. If it's infomercials, that's a Hell of a target audience

Lost my dime, either way.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Its pretty weird just just how many people seem to see this as a personal attack on them, given the statements in the video.

To clarify - they decided to wade into the political frey ‘at all’ or ‘with an opinion I don’t like’?
    Last edited by Noir; 01-19-2019 at 06:11 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Its pretty weird just just how many people seem to see this as a personal attack on them, given the statements in the video.

To clarify - they decided to wade into the political frey ‘at all’ or ‘with an opinion I don’t like’?
    To clarify: you pretending that slippery slope doesn't exist doesn't mean you aren't sliding down it just as fast as everyone else. It is nothing less than an attack on males who are men. What's left of us, anyway. It's meant that way and being taken that way.

Go try and confuse some other issue, huh?

13. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

There seems to be a double standard.

Guys like Harvey Weinstein ( a major Democrat donor by the way) don't represent the vast majority of guys who don't assault or take advantage of women.

So, it's guilt by association... I'm a guy, therefore, I need to be more sensitive and caring. Wow.... talk about an insult.

And where are the commercials targeting women? Telling them to not manipulate the men in their lives, or let their ex-husbands have more access to their kids? Or how about a commercial with Madonna saying she wants to blow up the White House (just because Trump won the election).... or wearing pussy hats (isn't that a derogatory term for a woman's vagina?) on their heads (how is that not sexual?)

And where are the commercials condemning women who turned a blind eye to the sexual assaults and abuses by William Jefferson Clinton?

On a daily basis Men are told that they are stupid, out of touch, disrespect women, are portrayed in the Media as idiots or scum bags... but rarely are women shown in a bad light.

There's plenty of blame to go around, there are bad guys and bad women... Men don't need yet another kick in the shorts
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

There seems to be a double standard.

Guys like Harvey Weinstein ( a major Democrat donor by the way) don't represent the vast majority of guys who don't assault or take advantage of women.

So, it's guilt by association... I'm a guy, therefore, I need to be more sensitive and caring. Wow.... talk about an insult.

And where are the commercials targeting women? Telling them to not manipulate the men in their lives, or let their ex-husbands have more access to their kids? Or how about a commercial with Madonna saying she wants to blow up the White House (just because Trump won the election).... or wearing pussy hats (isn't that a derogatory term for a woman's vagina?) on their heads (how is that not sexual?)

And where are the commercials condemning women who turned a blind eye to the sexual assaults and abuses by William Jefferson Clinton?

On a daily basis Men are told that they are stupid, out of touch, disrespect women, are portrayed in the Media as idiots or scum bags... but rarely are women shown in a bad light.

There's plenty of blame to go around, there are bad guys and bad women... Men don't need yet another kick in the shorts
    This goes back to the NFL thing. When I watched NFL football, I did so to see a football game, not listen to some disrespectful political BS be spouted by people claiming to stand for something their paycheck size precluded them having to ever live in.

When I shave, I do it to get the whiskers off my face and head, not feel guilty because I have a d*ck.

Crap started with me with the Dixie Chicks. I paid to hear their music, not their leftwingnut politics and disrespect toward President Bush. They were as stupid as Gillette targeting its primary consumer - men. The Dixie Chicks a then-country band, offended conservative country and western fans. Haven't heard shit about them since.

In each case they are free as Hell to speak their minds. Just as I am free as Hell to decided on who and what I am going to spend my money on. If I don't know, fine. That's how it SHOULD be. Put it in MY face and it is subject to MY judgement.

17. Thanks KarlMarx thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'll never be ashamed of being a man, and if anyone thinks my masculinity is offensive, they can fuck off.

End of story.

19. Thanks Gunny, KarlMarx, Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Do you think you were being personally represented by the negative men in the advert? If so then you’ve got something to work on. If not, then what’s the concern?
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Do you think you were being personally represented by the negative men in the advert? If so then you’ve got something to work on. If not, then what’s the concern?
    Let's put this in proper perspective. You SJW types are the ones contriving controversy and turning it into a shaving thing. The rest of us were just minding our own damned business and shaving in the morning. Gillette, not us, tied its product to a bunch of concocted, whiny-ass, Chicken Little BS.

In typical backwards-assed, leftist fashion, along comes noir to make it sound as if we are the ones making an issue of it. That convoluted thinking may work for you leftwingnuts, but not for me. Who throws the first punch DOES matter.

Any man in his right mind would be offended by the ad since the ad was designed to offend, cast blame and levy the usual leftwing guilt trip on the right. It's a staple of the left/progressive handbook. Gillette has the Right to its own wrong opinion, and I have the Right to ensure my money does not support them. My Right is equal to, not lesser than, Gillette's. I'm not wrong because Gillette is stupid from the first word on this. See how that works?

If you come in my house and call me stupid, don't expect lunch.

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

As a mother, I have watched the hive mind mentality bash against my boys for doing BOY things. Taking away the way boys learn. Boys don't do things the way girls do and that is a good thing. What we have really accomplished with this approach is to take away the confidence of young men, who are forever being told they are not good enough. Even when they have done nothing wrong. Creating more issues due to low self esteem and lower academic achievement.

Boys typically are more prone physical interaction they like to wrestle and play rough. In current society that is bad.... you can't do that. Taking away the learning curve for how to control those impulses, no way to burn off the steam so to speak, to find more effective ways of dealing. As they mature they have less and less idea how to be good men, when all they are told is "you are a bad boy". Causing long term issues with developing life skills and relationship building.

The demonizing of masculinity is exhausting.

To tell the truth my girls are much more prone to being vicious little vipers who need to be corrected.

As the primary shopper for my family I will not buy P&G products or Gillette again.
    Last edited by NT'sGirl; 01-20-2019 at 02:19 PM.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.” —. Morticia Addams

24. Thanks Elessar thanked this post