Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default BuzzFeed: Trump Ordered Michael Cohen to Lie to Congress

All from anonymous sources. Even the person reporting the story admits he never saw any proof.

It'll be interesting to see specifically what proof they have. Cohen alone making such a statement while trying to reduce time in prison, would carry weight, but not a lot without tangible proof. Perhaps someone does have it, and I'd like to see it myself. He wanted to meet with Putin, during the election? I'd really like to see the proof on that one. They have offered ZILCH in 2 years, so forgive me for being hesitant on an article with anonymous sources. But out of the thousands of accusations tossed at Trump and the fan next to him, nothing as of yet. But if all of this does in fact yield results, with solid irrefutable proof, then I'm against him instantly, immediately and 100%.

But just like the FBI story of the other day, this may amount to nothing, like the endless accusations prior to this.... in the mean time, I'm continuing to enjoy the economy. Thinking about selling before too awfully long...

---

BuzzFeed: Trump Ordered Michael Cohen to Lie to Congress About Russia Business Plans

BuzzFeed, citing two anonymous sources, alleges that President Donald Trump directed his personal lawyer Michael Cohen to make false statements to Congress regarding a proposal to build a Trump Tower in Moscow and wanted to meet with Putin himself about the proposal.

The Thursday report claims that the president “supported a plan” arranged by Cohen to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin during the 2016 election to “jump-start” negotiations on the real estate deal, telling his longtime attorney, “make it happen,” according to two federal law enforcement officials. Further, BuzzFeed’s report alleges that President Trump received 10 “personal updates” regarding the proposed project from Cohen, who according to the unnamed sources, requested that his lawyer tell lawmakers that his involvement in the project concluded earlier than it actually did. The sources also claim the president’s children, Donald Jr. and Ivanka Trump, received updates on the proposed tower.

Rudy Giuliani, President Trump’s personal lawyer, dismissed the report, telling The Washington Post’s Philip Rucker: “If you believe Cohen I can get you a great deal on the Brooklyn Bridge.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...-russia-tower/

BuzzFeed Bombshell Reporter Says He Has Not Seen the Evidence to Support Report

One of the BuzzFeed News reporters who broke the report that cited two anonymous sources claiming President Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to intentionally lie to Congress appeared on CNN’s “New Day” Friday to discuss the bombshell.

Anthony Cormier shared that he had “not personally” seen the evidence to support his reporting, but said his sources had “access to a number of different documents.”

“They have been working the Trump Moscow tower portion of this investigation, our sources have, before Mueller. So, they had access to a number of different documents — 302 reports which are interview reports,” Cormier explained. “That stuff was sort of compiled as they began to look at who the players were speaking with, how those negotiations went, who all from the Trump organization and outside the organization were involved in getting that tower set up.”

He added, “They began to compile the evidence before Michael Cohen decided to cooperate and speak with the special counsel.”

Cormier said his sourcing is “rock-solid” and “100 percent.”

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...upport-report/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Congress can ask for the documents. The story also says Mueller has all the evidence. Once again it's a leak that can only be confirmed once Mueller releases the report.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Congress can ask for the documents. The story also says Mueller has all the evidence. Once again it's a leak that can only be confirmed once Mueller releases the report.
    IMO, it's not good reporting to report on something that one has not seen themselves and verified. And endless "anonymous" sources. Of course they can go to Mueller... and if only can be confirmed by him, then it should be reported as such, not as fact and a "100%" conformation.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    IMO, it's not good reporting to report on something that one has not seen themselves and verified. And endless "anonymous" sources. Of course they can go to Mueller... and if only can be confirmed by him, then it should be reported as such, not as fact and a "100%" conformation.
    How could it not be anonymous? The leak is either from the SDNY or Mueller team. No one is going to out themselves. I've seen a lot of member post stories using anonymous source but it's only a problem when it's a story they don't like.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    How could it not be anonymous? The leak is either from the SDNY or Mueller team. No one is going to out themselves. I've seen a lot of member post stories using anonymous source but it's only a problem when it's a story they don't like.
    Who said it's from them? It says law enforcement. Could have been from a detective or similar involved. Or nobody at all when it cannot be verified.

When you don't name the person you got your story from - YES, that's anonymous. When you have not personally seen the "evidence" you are reporting on, and just take someone's word for it, that makes it hearsay. I just don't think a responsible reporter should report what I just said as "fact".

And just because I don't like it? Umm, no. I prefer proof/evidence or something to go on at least when reading something someone wants me to "believe".

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Btw, if this "evidence" comes down to Cohen stating this to Mueller and his team in private, and HE doesn't have proof to back everything up, then it basically amounts to nothing. If he has proof, I'm all ears and eyes, and am willing to bid him a fond adieu should he be guilty. I said that from the beginning and still hold that stance.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Mueller just denied the report. Buzzfeed is finished.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Giuliani said that if you believe this crap, he has a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Giuliani said that if you believe this crap, he has a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
    Just the same, it's hard deciding who to believe -- a gossip sheet or Mueller.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Just the same, it's hard deciding who to believe -- a gossip sheet or Mueller.
    Well if that ain't pickin' the lesser of two evils, I don't know what is...

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post