Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default We're Getting Hammered...

Just yesterday they were forecasting "maybe" 1" to 3" inches of snow for us. Well throw that out the window. I'd say we have a good 8" right now and it's not going to let up for quite awhile yet. Local weather just now "revised" their forecast to 6" to 10" inches for our area, and we're under a winter storm warning... DUUUH. The John Deere is going to earn it's keep tomorrow.

2. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

A hell of a lot of rain here, with the front slowly moving East at the 42 degree latitude.

Look out for more snow there!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Got "cold" here too

Dropped from 52 this AM to 46 but going back up to a high of 55 and we're supposed to hit 37 tonight .

I REALLY dislike winter here. I can't say I prefer being snowed in, but if it's going to get cold then get to it. Get cold and stay cold for awhile. Or stay hot. One or the other. This lows in the 40s highs in the 60s shit drives me nuts, and yes, we DO stay sick most of the "winter". Usually wearing about 3 different ensembles each day as well.

This sitting on the temperature fence gets old quick.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I would actually prefer snow to the deluge of rain. It soaks into the ground better and
    more gradually, plus pretty as can be in the pine forests.

But, Alas, it rarely snows along the coast here and if it does, it will not last long.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Snow is real fluffy since it's cold here, and the massive snow clouds were blowing all over while snowblowing with the JD, but I was sung as a bug in a rug in the new cab. A tiny little bit came in a couple little spaces along the top. I'll fix that, otherwise I'm sure happy with the cab. I'd have been absolutely covered with snow had I not had the cab... I love it.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-19-2019 at 05:36 PM.

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Snow is real fluffy since it's cold here, and the massive snow colds were blowing all over while snowblowing with the JD, but I was sung as a bug in a rug in the new cab. A tiny little bit came in a couple little spaces along the top. I'll fix that, otherwise I'm sure happy with the cab. I'd have been absolutely covered with snow had I not had the cab... I love it.
    I don't remember the first time I saw a piece of construction equipment with a cab on it. WTF? came to mind Most down here don't have cabs. All 3 or 4 snow plows we have do

if we get trouble it is usually from too much rain, or ice. If it ices up down here forget it. Done deal. They'll shut the place down. I recall in IL everybody and his brother had a snow plow attached to whatever they could find that ran. Not here.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

9. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't remember the first time I saw a piece of construction equipment with a cab on it. WTF? came to mind Most down here don't have cabs. All 3 or 4 snow plows we have do

if we get trouble it is usually from too much rain, or ice. If it ices up down here forget it. Done deal. They'll shut the place down. I recall in IL everybody and his brother had a snow plow attached to whatever they could find that ran. Not here.
    LOTS of snowblowers up nort' here. They're real popular anymore because you don't get PILES of snow like from plowing, and the design has come a long way with most being self propelled and work extremely well. I had a snowplow on a 1980 Chevy truck, but I got piles and it dug up all kinds of gravel and dirt. The JD does a much better job and no huge snow piles. With a 47" snowblower mounted on a nice JD tractor with a cab, two passes up and down the driveway the long way and that's done, the wide part of the drive coming up to the shop takes quite a few more passes, but I'm done in a jiffy. It's actually fun now since I'm all warm and dry in the cab. You don't see as many pickups driving around with plows as we used to. I remember the very first little POS snowblower I bought. Had hard tires that hardly did shit as far as helping it move, and it didn't have much power. Beat shoveling but not by much...

THERE'S the BEAST... before I put the cab on it... that thing will flat out move some snow, big time... 25.5 HP Kawasaki twin, water cooled... oh yeah baby...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-19-2019 at 05:50 PM.

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

This is the kind of weather that makes me wish I was back down in Tampa. It is bitter, blistering cold up here. I had -13 this morning, and it's around 8 right now. The snow makes a crunching noise when you walk on it, and exposed skin can get frostbite pretty quick. I don't want to move. I really love my place, but I don't know how many more winters I can take. Course I say this every frickin' year...

Part of just blowing off steam I guess, bitching about winter.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

really jealous. I miss snow.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    really jealous. I miss snow.
    Don't be jealous, pard... you wouldn't miss this on the thermometer this morning... and Thursday, Friday, Saturday are supposed to be even colder...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-21-2019 at 08:44 AM.