Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown

President Trump, in a televised White House address Saturday, offered Democrats a compromise package on immigration in an effort to end the nearly monthlong partial government shutdown -- although some prominent Democrats were dismissing the olive branch as a "non-starter" before Trump even spoke.

Trump announced that he was prepared to back a three-year extension of protections for 700,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children and were shielded from deportation under the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. This, in exchange for the $5.7 billion he has requested for a barrier on the southern border with Mexico.....
    remainder of story at

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-offers-dems-an-immigration-compromise-early-signs-of-rejection

KM - I bet that the Dems will turn their noses up at this too.... in which case, we might be looking at a declaration of a National Emergency
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    remainder of story at

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-offers-dems-an-immigration-compromise-early-signs-of-rejection

KM - I bet that the Dems will turn their noses up at this too.... in which case, we might be looking at a declaration of a National Emergency
    Of course they'll turn their noses up at it, or come back with something that's so radically changed it won't be worth even considering.

That's a no brainer. They're NOT going to give up their illegal alien voters.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-19-2019 at 08:10 PM.

3. Thanks KarlMarx thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I heard on the news this morning that Pelosi and Schumer were out running their cake holes turning down P. Trump's compromise even before he SPOKE.

I have come to absolutely, without reservation, despise democrats to the enth degree. I'd just as soon beat every one of them to a bloody pulp as look at them, and then ship them off to some island in the middle of the ocean to fuck up as they please. These people really shouldn't be anywhere near ANY sort of power over other people. They are the TRASH of society... of humanity.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 01-20-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I heard on the news this morning that Pelosi and Schumer were out running their cake holes turning down P. Trumps compromise even before he SPOKE.

I have come to absolutely, without reservation, despise democrats to the enth degree. I'd just as soon beat every one of them to a bloody pulp as look at them, and then ship them off to some island in the middle of the ocean to fuck up as they please. These people really shouldn't be anywhere near ANY sort of power over other people. They are the TRASH of society... of humanity.
    I, for one, am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the childish behavior from officials elected to run the arguably most powerful Nation on Earth.

Lord help us if we had to deal with any real kind of National emergency that required 100%, non-partisan participation. If the Japs bombed Pearly Harbor today, the House would open an investigation into what Trump's involvement was
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I, for one, am just having a hard time wrapping my head around the childish behavior from officials elected to run the arguably most powerful Nation on Earth.

Lord help us if we had to deal with any real kind of National emergency that required 100%, non-partisan participation. If the Japs bombed Pearly Harbor today, the House would open an investigation into what Trump's involvement was
    Then the democrats would THANK Japan.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Trump offers immigration compromise to end partial shutdown

Democrat To English Dictionary

1. Compromise - give The Democrats everything they want then have Trump go to Hell

2. Border Security - Allow all illegal immigrants into the Country then give them the right to vote Democrat

3. Government Shutdown - Trump’s fault

4. Resolve our Differences - give us what we want now or we will continue having a temper tantrum

5. Manufactured Crisis - MS13, heroin, sexual assaults against women, immigrant caravans, escalating violence against US citizens, human trafficking

6. Walls are immoral - if Trump is for something we will fight against it and the country be damned

7. Unnecessary Government Shutdown - we want to keep the government shutdown as long as possible so that we can pin it all on Trump during the 2020 Presidential Campaign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan