Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Edwards: Americans should sacrifice their SUVs

Here ya are, folks...Vote for a Democrat and start giving up your freedoms....for the good of the goverment....

SNIP:
    Associated Press - August 29, 2007 7:55 AM ET

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards told a labor group he would ask Americans to make a big sacrifice: their sport utility vehicles.

The former North Carolina senator told a forum by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, yesterday he thinks Americans are willing to sacrifice.

Edwards says Americans should be asked to drive more fuel efficient vehicles. He says he would ask them to give up SUVs.

read the rest at..
    http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6997982
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Here ya are, folks...Vote for a Democrat and start giving up your freedoms....for the good of the goverment....

SNIP:
    Associated Press - August 29, 2007 7:55 AM ET

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards told a labor group he would ask Americans to make a big sacrifice: their sport utility vehicles.

The former North Carolina senator told a forum by the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, yesterday he thinks Americans are willing to sacrifice.

Edwards says Americans should be asked to drive more fuel efficient vehicles. He says he would ask them to give up SUVs.

read the rest at..
    http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6997982

This is the kind of reaction I would expect from a conservative, i.e., "Fuck you. I ain't givin' up nothin'."

BTW, stephanie, he isn't asking Americans to give up their SUVs for the sake of the government; it's for the sake of the environment that we all live in and share.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He is asking for peopel to do it on their own not sugesting a law against them.

Dont ask a con what he can do for his country they dont want to do anything for their country.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that is a yes and no thing. the only time i think that i would agree with it is when you see the soccer moms driving those big ass excursions for one kid.

but in the same note, i love my trucks/suvs...MINE! but i also do like saying money on gas.
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    He is asking for peopel to do it on their own not sugesting a law against them.

Dont ask a con what he can do for his country they dont want to do anything for their country.

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess we could all start riding one of these...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a total waste of money and energy.

I live in an area where there are alot of wealthy people.

I see single people driving Hummers all the time its their go to work car.

The reason they drive them Im guessing is status and so they can look down on everything else on the road.

People can get very petty when they feel Better than their fellow man because of wealth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People can get very petty when they feel Better than their fellow man because of wealth.
    So? do you suggest the government should do something about it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I guess we could all start riding one of these...

Actually, I thought that was pretty funny, stephanie.

I think the environment is the new third rail in American politics. Everyone knows we have to take some fairly drastic steps if we're going to have a liveable environment now and in the future.

But no politician wants to ask Americans to start making sacrifices and giving up some of the luxuries we've become accustomed to.

I give Edwards credit for making an effort in this direction.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I want a biodiesel Hummer.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Large screen tvs consumes more energy than small screen, Edwards should ask people to use only small screen tvs.

Beef production consumes more energy than produce production, Edwards should ask people to be vegetarians.

Large homes consumes more energy than small homes, Edwards should ask people to live in small homes.

Airplanes consume large quatities of energy, Edwards should ask people to take less vacations.

All of these suggestions would be much better for us, we all live in and share the environment, Edwards could lead us into a better future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm all for conservation, and I do my best to help with it...Shoot, I've had those squiggly funny looking light bulbs, for ten yrs..way before Al Bore suggested us IDIOTS use them...

You all come up and live where I do, and then tell me you will buy and drive one of those tin can hybrids when it is -50 below zero...

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Do people know the late Ford Excursion was more enivronmentally-friendly than the Geo Metro when it came out?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It is a total waste of money and energy.

I live in an area where there are alot of wealthy people.

I see single people driving Hummers all the time its their go to work car.

The reason they drive them Im guessing is status and so they can look down on everything else on the road.

Maybe people drive them to feel more protected against crappy drivers. Are you a crappy driver? I think people like you look-down on SUV drivers because of your arrogance.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Do people know the late Ford Excursion was more enivronmentally-friendly than the Geo Metro when it came out?
    not before you posted it, no......