I had a mini debate with my Dad today. I talked of how one would rate a QB "best ever", and whether SB win alone should dictate it? In other words, where does Dan Marino stand in the rankings? For that fact, where do ANY of the better QB's, that never got to play in the big game due to playing on mediocre teams/owners and such?

But then we got into length of play. It's getting longer now, thanks to the protection to all the QB's and barely being allowed to be touched.

And talk of different eras and QB's of the past like Unitas and Baugh...

And how long were they consistently keeping up their ways, their ratings, and pass completion percentage, TD passes.... less interceptions....

I actually nitpicked down to every last imaginable comparison that you can use when comparing QB's. This was about a 90 minute discussion and I can talk fast! So I covered like 300 or so different reasons, and I didn't plan it that way - but I think I was looking for reasons, any reason - to diminish what Tom Brady has accomplished.

Then I see folks as great as Gronkowski, and see that he has only won 2 of those SB's. Longevity. Brady has all 6 rings.

I don't want to say it, but no one can argue, I think, with a straight face - and state he isn't in fact the best QB ever, at the very very least of the SB era of the past 53 years... at minimum.

He has earned it. 17 years and so many wins and so many playoffs and 9 SB appearances and wins 6 of them. It's just truly hard to find ways to say he isn't...

But he is. I believe Tom Brady is the best and most successful QB ever. And boy that pains me. But the man has earned it. Arghghhjhvfgff