Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA, Southern
    Posts
    23,657
    Thanks (Given)
    26460
    Thanks (Received)
    15242
    Likes (Given)
    1451
    Likes (Received)
    1058
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475154

    Default 'Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy': Grocery store riles up


    Business
    'Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy': Grocery store riles up shoppers with ad
    Yahoo Lifestyle Alexis Shaw,Yahoo Lifestyle 15 hours ago


    Arkansas grocery store Mac’s Fresh Market put off some of its customers this week with its weekly ad circular. (Credit: Mac’s Cash Saver via Facebook)
    A family-owned Christian grocery store is facing questions from some customers who felt it crossed a line with a political message on immigration in a recent ad.

    Mac’s Fresh Market’s store circular typically includes a religious or political message at the top, but this particular assessment on the U.S.-Mexico border wall appears to have set off shoppers.

    The store posted the controversial ad on its Facebook page as well. It reads: “Heaven has a wall, a gate and a strict immigration policy. Hell has open borders. Let that sink in.”


    Mac’s Cash Saver also sent this specific ad book to stores in Arkansas and Louisiana, according to Little Rock, Ark., news station KARK.

    “It just doesn’t make any sense,” Tyler Reede, who saw the ad while shopping, told KARK. “Why would they put that on there?”

    Some took to Facebook to express disappointment with the store.

    “Bad move. I hope you go out of business” one person wrote on Mac’s Cash Saver’s post.

    “Check out our weekly ad for great xenophobia!” another added.

    Others had no issue with what the circular said.

    “I didn’t have a problem with it,” Logan Reede told KARK. “If [immigrants] want to come here, they can come here legally.”


    This ad circular went out to four Mac’s Cash Saver stores in Arkansas, as well as others in Louisiana, according to KARK. (Credit: Mac’s Cash Saver via Facebook)
    Some praised Mac’s Fresh Market on its Facebook page for the message. One person wrote “Absolutely agree and support you 100%. How can folks be mad at this? The Bible does say there is a gate and wall. And while my service in the Army for 21 years help protect everyone’s right to freedom of speech it meant “everyone’s!” Great job. Love the message. Spot on!!!”

    “Please stand strong! I’m behind you and feel the same way. Don’t be intimidated by the ones who yell and scream the loudest. Thank you for stating the facts!” another added.

    Jack Digby, who is the manager at a Mac’s Cash Saver store in Camden, Ark., told KARK he’s been taking calls from customers who read about the ad online. He told the outlet the store owner was aiming for a Christian message and didn’t mean to wade into politics.

    “They’re just making a political spin out of it and getting the wrong idea of what it really means,” he said of those put off by the circular. “I am for this company and I am for God. There’s nothing wrong with what that statement says.”

    Mac’s Fresh Market owner Reggy McDaniel told Alexandria, La., news station KALB the message on the circular was about faith.

    “That’s my meaning of the whole thing is are people prepared to go to heaven or are they not,” said McDaniel. “I thought it was a perfect time because everybody is talking about the border, some people want it, some don’t want us to have one. The only thing I was shocked about was that it’s racist. I have never in my life been accused of being a racist, I’m 70 years old — I haven’t evolved into one.”

    McDaniel told KALB that if patrons no longer want to shop at his store, “this is America, they have the privilege of shopping where they want to. All I can do is tell them my case.”

    The company told KARK it stands by its note and has no plans to discontinue putting out ads with messages each week.
    Sad is it not? That so many ignorant Americans are all for the negative effects of just allowing ANYBODY to waltz right on in to our country and bring their diseases and criminal ways.activities with them!
    All that because the ffing worthless traitorous dem party needs those scum for their future votes.
    And be damn the consequences.
    This ad, highlights the reality about walls, houses have walls, forts have walls, suddenly walls are evil according to the ffking dem bastards and their scum allies.
    This store should be praised and admired for standing up for what is right and decent- instead it is being vilifies by the usual pieces of shit suspects and their ignorant ranting allies.
    I am sure our own little peteyboy, is all with and all for those criticizing this grocery store ad..
    Let those condemning walls, knock down their walls (their fences, gates, etc,) to show they are not the mad raving hypocrites we all know the damn vermin are.
    I spit on all of the worthless, hypocritical, lying bastards. --Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 02-11-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

  2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    11,823
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4608594

    Default

    But who could forget John 3:16?
    For god so loved the world that he built huge bloody walls...”

    Anyways it’s a pretty odd thing to put on an advert for a grocery store 0,o
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,101
    Thanks (Given)
    3187
    Thanks (Received)
    5154
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    935
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20846403

    Default

    except being fundamentally inaccurate, the saying shouldn't bother anyone - christian or not. Fundamentally, Christians believe hell has a 'gate' and now it's closed because Christ proverbially or literally emptied hell the closed and locked the gate because now "he" holds the keys to death and hell. Further, entrance into heaven is painfully easy. It requires only souls or live-people to simply ask to get in, essentially. It's actually harder to get into the USA from Canada than into heaven. IF the border between US and Canada held only the requirement to say "I believe Trump is the President" then maybe the sign would make sense
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    6,765
    Thanks (Given)
    3076
    Thanks (Received)
    3129
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    1723
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16415201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    But who could forget John 3:16?
    For god so loved the world that he built huge bloody walls...”

    Anyways it’s a pretty odd thing to put on an advert for a grocery store 0,o
    He doesn't like little pencil necked beta faggot cucks like you either, so STFU ass wipe.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.

  6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,101
    Thanks (Given)
    3187
    Thanks (Received)
    5154
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    935
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20846403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    He doesn't like little pencil necked beta faggot cucks like you either, so STFU ass wipe.
    He likes those, especially. Loves them. Loves them enough to die for them.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    6,765
    Thanks (Given)
    3076
    Thanks (Received)
    3129
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    1723
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16415201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    He likes those, especially. Loves them. Loves them enough to die for them.
    Oh for crying out loud, bro... that's taking your LOVE theme over the top... straight into blasphemy territory.

    No where in the Bible does God say he ESPECIALLY loves faggots. In fact, it states vehemently the contrary.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-11-2019 at 10:39 AM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.

  9. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,101
    Thanks (Given)
    3187
    Thanks (Received)
    5154
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    935
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20846403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, bro... that's taking your LOVE theme over the top... straight into blasphemy territory.

    No where in the Bible does God say he ESPECIALLY loves faggots. In fact, it states vehemently the contrary.
    Why do you think it's MY love theme?

    Everywhere in the Bible God's love for Mankind is shown. In fact, the Bible states vehemently God loves and even blesses the "worst" sinners. In fact, the Bible states vehemently lots of people who do good works in Christ's name; who heal the sick in His name; who preach in His Name do not even KNOW Him. In fact, the Bible states vehemently God's judgement - and his judgement is grace and love - wins.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    6,765
    Thanks (Given)
    3076
    Thanks (Received)
    3129
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    1723
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16415201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Why do you think it's MY love theme?

    Everywhere in the Bible God's love for Mankind is shown. In fact, the Bible states vehemently God loves and even blesses the "worst" sinners. In fact, the Bible states vehemently lots of people who do good works in Christ's name; who heal the sick in His name; who preach in His Name do not even KNOW Him. In fact, the Bible states vehemently God's judgement - and his judgement is grace and love - wins.
    But we were specifically talking about homosexuality, and the Bible is VERY specific about what God thinks of homos. He calls it an abomination, and says their blood shall be upon them. That doesn't sound like LOVE to me, brother. He says that a man shall not lie with another man as a woman, or they shall be put to death.

    Ya know, there are ways people are going to go to hell. LOVE isn't going to save everyone. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but that didn't give every person walking a get out of hell free card to just sin at will and ignore the word of God. People WILL go to HELL. The Bible says that you must REPENT, and that the only way onto heaven is through Jesus Christ, and that you must accept him and be reborn in the name of Christ. LOVE alone ain't gonna get you to heaven, my friend, and if you're a practicing queer, I'd recommend you knock that off as fast as you can if you ever plan on entering the pearly gates.

    And for those arguing that there's no difference between a man and woman's chest, you're liars, and your argument is a farce. Yes a nipple is a nipple, who cares, it's what's UNDERNEATH it that counts, and there's a world of difference there between a man and woman... oh... wait... OOOOPPS, I accidently referred to two different SEXES... THAT must be why the little liberal cucks here are arguing for nudity, they can't tell the difference between a MAN and a WOMAN anyway... idiots... immoral idiots.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-11-2019 at 01:39 PM. Reason: W
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.

  12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Abbey liked this post
  13. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,101
    Thanks (Given)
    3187
    Thanks (Received)
    5154
    Likes (Given)
    392
    Likes (Received)
    935
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20846403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    But we were specifically talking about homosexuality, and the Bible is VERY specific about that God thinks of homos. He calls it an abomination, and says their blood shall be upon them. That doesn't sound like LOVE to me, brother. He says that a man shall not lie with another man as a woman, or they shall be put to death.
    And it says to love people who live in sin, and God blesses the saint AND the sinner, and to bless those who hate you, and pray for those who attack you. And the bible says the only commandments worth a shit is the prophecy that we will love god will all our hearts and love others (sinner and saint) as much as we love ourselves.

    Ya know, there are ways people are going to go to hell. LOVE isn't going to save everyone. Jesus died on the cross for our sins, but that didn't give every person walking a get out of hell free card to just sin at will and ignore the word of God. People WILL go to HELL. The Bible says that you must REPENT, and that the only way onto heaven is through Jesus Christ, and that you must accept him and be reborn in the name of Christ. LOVE alone ain't gonna get you to heaven, my friend, and if you're a practicing queer, I'd recommend you knock that off as fast as you can if you ever plan on entering the pearly gates.
    Hell was already emptied, unless heaven and hell are bound by earth timelines - I believe God and his realm is above and not subject to years as we perceive them from earth.

    Is God going to 'get people into heaven'? Because God IS love. And the thief who died next to christ on the cross did NOT repent at all. All he did was say "Remember me when you reach your realm/kingdom". No accepting. No prayers.

    And since Christ already emptied hell, and already paved the way to for every tongue confessing their Love of God - EVERY tongue - then its pretty clear Love wins. God wins. God is love.

    And if we do not love sinners as much as we love ourselves we do not know God. Its impossible to look at the lost with any eyes other than compassionate eyes IF somebody knows God.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

  14. #10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    6,765
    Thanks (Given)
    3076
    Thanks (Received)
    3129
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    1723
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16415201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    And it says to love people who live in sin, and God blesses the saint AND the sinner, and to bless those who hate you, and pray for those who attack you. And the bible says the only commandments worth a shit is the prophecy that we will love god will all our hearts and love others (sinner and saint) as much as we love ourselves.



    Hell was already emptied, unless heaven and hell are bound by earth timelines - I believe God and his realm is above and not subject to years as we perceive them from earth.

    Is God going to 'get people into heaven'? Because God IS love. And the thief who died next to christ on the cross did NOT repent at all. All he did was say "Remember me when you reach your realm/kingdom". No accepting. No prayers.

    And since Christ already emptied hell, and already paved the way to for every tongue confessing their Love of God - EVERY tongue - then its pretty clear Love wins. God wins. God is love.

    And if we do not love sinners as much as we love ourselves we do not know God. Its impossible to look at the lost with any eyes other than compassionate eyes IF somebody knows God.
    Disagree.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    Democrats are the party of trash, the angry democrat MOB.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    27,196
    Thanks (Given)
    11663
    Thanks (Received)
    12553
    Likes (Given)
    1093
    Likes (Received)
    2098
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    And it says to love people who live in sin, and God blesses the saint AND the sinner, and to bless those who hate you, and pray for those who attack you. And the bible says the only commandments worth a shit is the prophecy that we will love god will all our hearts and love others (sinner and saint) as much as we love ourselves.



    Hell was already emptied, unless heaven and hell are bound by earth timelines - I believe God and his realm is above and not subject to years as we perceive them from earth.

    Is God going to 'get people into heaven'? Because God IS love. And the thief who died next to christ on the cross did NOT repent at all. All he did was say "Remember me when you reach your realm/kingdom". No accepting. No prayers.

    And since Christ already emptied hell, and already paved the way to for every tongue confessing their Love of God - EVERY tongue - then its pretty clear Love wins. God wins. God is love.

    And if we do not love sinners as much as we love ourselves we do not know God. Its impossible to look at the lost with any eyes other than compassionate eyes IF somebody knows God.
    By saying that sentence, the thief acknowledges that Christ is who he says he is, and that he has the faith, the belief, that Christ has the power to enter His Kingdom. Which, since he is clearly about to die, can not be on this earth, but rather in an "ethereal place" if you will. Expressing those two things are pretty awesomely accepting in the most high-level terms.

    And no need for the thief to pray, as he was talking directly to Christ. (Imagine?! )

    Finally, while he did not literally say "I am sorry; please forgive my sins", I think it is reasonable to imply that he was feeling repentant enough to express his belief in Christ right then and there.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  16. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •