Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Jussie Smollett

Not sure who knows and has been following. He's a gay man, and an actor on the hit show "Empire".

He's a SERIOUS Trump hater, and I mean a REAL hater.

He claims a few weeks back that he was attacked while coming home from a Subway getting something to eat. 2 men attacked him and yelled gay stuff at him, put a noose around his neck and whooped his ass. HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIS MANAGER WHEN IT HAPPENED. He claims that they yelled "You're in MAGA country now" as they finished him off.

So he walked back home with the noose still on him, and then called the police.

They found nothing. Nothing on any of the cameras in the Chicago are where he was. Not a single witness. He REFUSES to hand over his phone so they can line things up, and maybe even use the time and other stuff to maybe help. But although they have asked endlessly, he refuses.

Such a high profile crime. All the cameras worked in the area, but nothing. But yet they somehow attacked him - and then did so because it was "MAGA country"?

I'll wait to see if more evidence should come forward. But with all of the aspects and details of the case, they still haven't found out a single thing yet to back up his events of what took place that night.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

None Dare Call It a Hoax: The Jussie Smollett Saga Continues

The bizarre case of Jussie Smollett continues to unfold with the police still investigating what Smollett insists was a "hate crime."

Smollett tells the story of walking down the street in sub-zero temperatures and being attacked by two men wearing MAGA hats and screaming racial and homophobic slurs at him. Was this a hate crime?

Maybe it was. And then, maybe he wasn't attacked at all.

The incident occurred in Chicago, a city torn by racial strife and massive distrust of the police. John Ziegler of Mediaite writes of how the investigation is unfolding:

Among other things, the police have made it very clear they have not yet found any proof of an attack, despite having almost all of Smollett’s movements on surveillance video. They have disclosed that Smollett would not give over his cell phone to verify his timeline of events. They even published photos of “persons of interest” that they had to know were going to be universally mocked for being obviously irrelevant.

In my view, none of those important revelations would have been made public in the way that they were, unless there was extreme suspicion within the police force that Smollett’s story was not fully accurate.

By extension, media figures would not be being told by their police sources, as I have been told is currently happening both routinely and with vigor, that the authorities are acting on the assumption that they will never find any evidence to fully substantiate Smollett’s story. This isn’t just happening via idle speculation either, the police are doing so with great specificity, even including an alternative theory for what really happened (current attempts to find the origin of the rope found around Smollett’s neck long after the event was over are believed to be the most likely game-changer, if there ever is one in this case).
    In truth, the Chicago police are terrified of even hinting they doubt Smollett's story. There is no major city in the U.S. where the cops are more distrusted by blacks than in Chicago. The police risk a riot if they let it be known they think Smollett is trying to hoax them.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/none-da...aga-continues/

Jussie Smollett’s neighbors cast doubt on his attack story

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

Cops have said they found plenty of surveillance video, but none that captured the incident.

Meanwhile, Chicago police said Sunday that Smollett has yet to turn over data from his cellphone to verify that he was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Moore, when he was allegedly attacked.

Moore has said he heard Smollett’s assailants shout a “racial slur” and the words “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

“We have no reason to doubt the statements, but for a criminal investigation, we need to independently confirm the phone records,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

“We offered to take the phone to download the data and he expressed he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours.”

Rest - https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie...-attack-story/

Safe to say that 'ol Jussie doesn't care much for Trump

A much earlier tweet of his about Trump:

There is much more, but I'm not searching right now.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Jussie Smollett

Is this what Ellen Page was muttering about the other day during that incoherent screed of hers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Is this what Ellen Page was muttering about the other day during that incoherent screed of hers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sure was! And she also ranted about Chris Pratt because of the church he goes to.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

It's his phone, and it's investigators with the police. He can safely allow a copy to be made in minutes. Why won't he allow for an appropriate investigation after what happened to him? Some sites are already calling this a "hoax", and even this one. I won't call it that just yet, not until proof of such comes out, or the police declare it so.

---

Smollett Turns Over “Limited & Redacted” Phone Records – Police Say Records Do Not Meet Burden For Criminal Investigation

‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett claims he was attacked by white racist Trump supporters a couple weeks ago in the streets of Chicago at 2 AM when he ventured out to get a sandwich at Subway.

Mr. Smollett alleges two white males hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat his ass, poured bleach on his head and put a noose around his neck.

Jussie Smollett told investigators that he was talking on the phone with his manager when the assault happened — his manager corroborated Smollett’s story and claimed he heard the attackers yell, “this is MAGA country!” while they beat up Smollett.

Chicago Police say that detectives have reviewed hundreds of hours of surveillance footage and have not found any that shows the alleged attack on Jussie Smollett.

Chicago is the most surveilled city in the world yet there is ZERO video of the assault!

For two weeks Jussie Smollett refused to give his phone records to investigators so they can corroborate his claims he was on the phone with his manager.

Now this…

Chicago Police told ABC News that Smollett finally gave detectives his “limited and redacted” phone records Monday afternoon.

The police later told ABC News reporters that the phone records provided to detectives do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation.

Chicago police spokesman says “Detectives may be following up with him (Smollett) to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...investigation/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Just who exactly is this punk, and why is he all of
    a sudden important?

A liar and seeking a spotlight....but is getting one he did not anticipate.

Best to shut up and not show your ignorance.
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-12-2019 at 01:43 AM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Something stunk about this story from the get go. Him an avid hater of Trump, the MAGA crap, the noose... his refusal to cooperate to help capture the assholes who did this?

Something just stinks in this case and he's not coming across as someone who was attacked and someone who wants justice.

---

Is 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett's Story Falling Apart?

Chicago police say they will be requesting more phone records from "Empire" star Jussie Smollett regarding the racist and homophobic attack he allegedly faced two weeks ago. Smollett has turned over heavily redacted phone records, but evidence has begun to emerge suggesting his story was fabricated. Rumors are swirling that police are even considering charging him with filing a false report.

On Monday night, Fox 32 Chicago anchor Rafer Weigel reported that police "received cell phone records today from Smollett's camp. They were limited and redacted but detectives will analyze them."

Weigel had previously reported that the police superintendent plans to hold Smollett accountable if the investigation reveals he made a false report. "[Chicago Police Superintendent] Eddie Johnson says [Jussie Smollett] is still being treated as the victim in this case but if the investigation does reveal he made a false report he will be held accountable," he tweeted. That threat seems more likely.

Late Monday evening, ABC7 Chicago reported that an empty hot sauce bottle that smelled like bleach was found near the location of the alleged attack. Smollett had told police that the attackers — who wore "Make America Great Again" hats and screamed "This is MAGA country!" — had poured an unknown bleach-smelling liquid on him and put a noose around his neck after they yelled racist and homophobic slurs at him at 2 a.m. on January 29.

Chicago police confirmed a New York Post story about the hot sauce bottle.

"It's unclear if that is related to the incident as it was not discovered during any of the earlier canvasses but we took it for analysis," Chicago Police Department (CPD) spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. "The FBI is providing CPD with technical assistance on this case at our request. I'm not sure if the bottle went to their lab or one of ours."

As for the phone records, Guglielmi said, "We are very appreciative of the victim's cooperation, however, the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted. Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline."

Chicago police have not been able to identify any legitimate suspects in the case, nor have they been able to find any surveillance footage of the attack. There is speculation that the hot sauce bottle may have been placed after the fact to prop up the hoax if Smollett indeed made a false report.

Some locals smell a rat.

"I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did," Chicago resident Agin Muhammad told the New York Post. Muhammad reportedly lives in the same high-rise as Smollett.

"I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here…. Half the people are gay and the other half are black."

In "Empire," Smollett plays a gay character, Jamal Lyon. The actor has also come out as gay.

Many Americans are waking up to the possibility that Jussie Smollett's story may be a hoax. Jeff Giesea, an entrepreneur who has written for NATO and the Harvard Business Review, tweeted, "The weight of evidence supports what we’ve suspected all along: This is a hate hoax. [Jussie Smollett] should be arrested for filing a false police report & sued. In this era of disinfo, these hoaxes and their media enablers must be held accountable."

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/is-empi...falling-apart/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The new Tawana Brawley...
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

11. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

HATE HOAX UPDATE: Chicago Police Will Re-Interview Jussie Smollett Over Redacted Phone Records

Jussie Smollett still won’t turn over his phone.

Actor Jussie Smollett arrived in Chicago on January 28th. He went out to get fast food at 2 a.m. when he said he was allegedly attacked by two Trump supporters in MAGA hats who recognized him in the freezing cold, beat him, poured bleach on him and put a noose around his neck.

It was -15 to -30 degrees wind chill on Tuesday morning.

Smollett said the mysterious MAGA men poured bleach on his head but bleach freezes at 18 degrees.
    The weather on Tuesday was a low of -9 degrees.
    Frozen bleach will not pour.

Jessie Smollett said he was assaulted and suffered a cracked rib but condo surveillance video shows Smollett walking past security to the elevator without telling them he had just been attacked by thugs who “beat the hell out of him” and “broke his ribs.”
    On Saturday Smollet admitted his rib was not broken.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...phone-records/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Sources: Police investigating whether Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

CHICAGO -- Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday, but has since spoken with police.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson contacted ABC7 to say they are continuing to treat Smollett as a victim and the investigation remains ongoing.

Chicago police told ABC News, "Police are investigating whether the two individuals committed the attack - or whether the attack happened at all."

Smollett released a statement Thursday evening, saying, "Today Jussie did answer routine followup questions for Chicago Police Department and continues to cooperate."

Smollett's representatives said he is not being written off "Empire."

Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Entertainment released a statement saying, "The idea that Jussie Smollett has been, or would be, written off of EMPIRE is patently ridiculous. He remains a core player on this very successful series and we continue to stand behind him."

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them determine if the two people played any role in the assault.

Chicago police said they "cannot confirm any of those reports." No charges have been filed.

Earlier, police said the two persons of interest are not suspects and have not been charged. Investigators are only talking with them at this time. The two were picked up Wednesday night at O'Hare International Airport, police said.

Chicago police told ABC News they were tracking the two persons of interest and were aware of who they were "for a while." Chicago police told ABC News they are both cooperating and have been questioned all day.

Smollett said he was attacked around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29 in the 300-block of East North Water Street in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. He told police two masked men shouted homophobic slurs at him, attacked him, put a rope around his neck and poured a liquid on him that smelled like bleach.

Smollett, 36, is black and openly gay.

Rest - https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smol...mpire/5138497/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

ABC Sources: Police Investigating Jussie Smollet for Staging Attack; Police Cannot Confirm

According to a new report, Chicago police are investigating the possibility that actor Jussie Smollett worked with two men to stage an attack against him last month.

Jussie Smollett claimed to be the victim of an attack in downtown Chicago in January. The Empire actor said that two men in masks beat him, wrapped a rope around his neck, put a chemical on him and called him racial and homophobic slurs. He also said that the attackers yelled “This is MAGA country!”

Now, Chicago police have identified two persons of interest, both of whom are reportedly Nigerian and appeared on Empire as extras.

ABC7 Chicago reports:

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest — one of whom has appeared on “Empire.”

Mere moments after the ABC report, the Chicago Police Department issued a firm refutation, saying, “Media reports anout the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives.”

“Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate,” the department’s spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday.

(video on site)

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of “Empire.”

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest — one of whom has appeared on “Empire.”

Mere moments after the ABC report, the Chicago Police Department issued a firm refutation, saying, “Media reports anout the Empire incident being a hoax are unconfirmed by case detectives.”

“Supt Eddie Johnson has contacted @ABC7Chicago to state on the record that we have no evidence to support their reporting and their supposed CPD sources are uninformed and inaccurate,” the department’s spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said Thursday.

During a tearful interview that aired on Good Morning America Thursday, the 36-year-old actor said that he was “pissed off” at those who didn’t believe his story.

“It’s like, you know, at first it was a thing of like, listen, if I tell the truth then, that’s it, because it’s the truth. Then it became a thing of, like, oh, how can you doubt that?” he said.

“Like, how can you not believe that? It’s the truth. Then it became a thing of, like, oh, it’s not necessarily that you don’t believe that this is the truth. You don’t even want to see the truth.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...annot-confirm/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Another brilliant entertainer. These people are a joke.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I heard the story about the Empire gig being false.

ALL kinds of stories - and now the latest is that it may have all been a setup? Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. His OWN words showed the hatred.

---

Persons of Interest in 'Hate Crime' Investigation Are Friends of Smollett, May Have Staged Attack

Chicago police on Wednesday questioned two persons of interest in the Jussie Smollett hate crime investigation, according to reports. Both are African-American associates of Smollett and both were seen in the surveillance video, according to Fox 32 Chicago correspondent Rafer Weigel. Neither is officially considered a suspect -- yet.

“After a meticulous investigation with the use of advance technology, interviews with the victim & witnesses & transportation records, detectives have identified two persons of interest in the Empire cast member case,” Weigel tweeted.

This comes after Smollett said on ABC's "Good Morning America" that he believes the two persons of interest seen in the surveillance photos were the persons who attacked him. "I don’t have any doubt in my mind that that’s them. Never did," he said. During the interview, Smollett also addressed doubts about the alleged attack and broke down in tears over fears that the perpetrators will never be found.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/persons...-of-the-actor/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

‘Empire’ Extras Detained for Alleged Staged Attack on Jussie Smollett to Be Charged

Two men in connection with the alleged staged attack of Empire actor Jussie Smollett could be charged as early as Friday, according to a report.

CBS 2 investigative journalist Brad Edwards, citing a source with intimate knowledge of the Chicago Police Department’s investigation into the matter, reports the alleged attack on Smollett was “potentially orchestrated” by the actor and the two men, who are persons of interest in the case. A spokesperson for the Chicago police told Edwards that CBS 2’s report and others are “unconfirmed” at this time.

The “persons of interest” are brothers of Nigerian descent who worked on Empire and are in police custody, being questioned about their connection to the attack. A lawyer for the brothers told CBS 2 that the pair could be charged on Friday. “They were actually detained at customs at O’Hare airport yesterday around 5:45 p.m.,” Gloria Schmidt, the brothers’ attorney, said. “They had no idea what was going on, and they’ve been detained since then.”

CBS 2 reports:

Following a police raid, the front door of their home is busted off its frame. Belongings are thrown across the living room. Bedroom doors are damaged and clothes tossed everywhere.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...to-be-charged/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Getting worse and worse...

---

Report: Jussie Smollett case takes major turn as sources claim it was staged

The Jussie Smollett case appeared to take a major turn Thursday, when multiple media outlets reported that he was being questioned by police.

A number also alleged that he and the two “persons of interest” — who were also reportedly being questioned — may have staged the attack after learning that “his character was being written out of the show ‘Empire.'”

Several reports indicated that it was the heavily-redacted phone records that tipped police off that something wasn’t right. Smollett had turned in his phone records to provide evidence of the attack, but had removed a number of calls prior to handing them over.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/14/r...egedly-staged/