Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Default Kind of embarrassed

I was watching about 20 minutes of a sad show called “My 600 lb Life”, which for some reason starred a young man who wishes he was only 600 lbs. He is 1,003 lbs!,

Inexplicably, I decided I really needed to eat a cookie.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

2. Likes Kathianne, High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Losing weight is hard, been there and done that! But jeez, mine was up to 225 and I was BEYOND embarrassed! Took a long time, but now sit my ass at around 160 or so.

I watch that same show! I don't feel bad for folks over 600lbs using outdoor tubs to "shower" in, nor anyone over 1,000lbs!

At some point they obviously knew there was a major issue. They should have sought out HELP, medical help and therapy and everything they could. But these folks CHOOSE to eat instead. Why? It's the easier route.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Losing weight is hard, been there and done that! But jeez, mine was up to 225 and I was BEYOND embarrassed! Took a long time, but now sit my ass at around 160 or so.

I watch that same show! I don't feel bad for folks over 600lbs using outdoor tubs to "shower" in, nor anyone over 1,000lbs!

At some point they obviously knew there was a major issue. They should have sought out HELP, medical help and therapy and everything they could. But these folks CHOOSE to eat instead. Why? It's the easier route.
    And they need an enabler to bring them all that food, because they can barely move. Though I did see one today who rode her electric scooter to McDonalds and ordered by driving it through the drive-through.
    Lunch: 20 chicken nuggets, large fries, and a large soda (not Diet).

Honestly, I was surprised she didn’t order three burgers to go with it. She scootered on home, laid down in her bed, and ate it all, including licking the leftover ketchup. I couldn’t turn away. (While I munched my cookie, lol).

-Abbey

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Abbey's cookie:

I completely get how people can get that fat. I understand the spiral I think. Breaks my heart for them. And my chair if they came to visit.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

8. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post

That's an AFFIRMATIVE, it is hard, especially in the winter when you're stuck inside. You have to basically STARVE. I got up to 221, Jim, and that day when I looked in the full mirror at myself, naked, I almost puked. I was absolutely disgusted with myself that I'd get up that far. I've always been slender and athletic my entire life, and now I had a gut that looked like I was pregnant. I'm working my way back down now though. I COMPLETELY overhauled my diet and bought the gym, and I've lost 16 lbs so far, and I want to lose another 15 at least. I know it's going to be a lot easier when Spring comes and I can get outside and be active all day. I want to get down to around 190.

I can't imagine weighing 600 lbs, let alone a THOUSAND. No way in HELL would that ever happen. I don't really feel sorry for people that are that fat. They knew exactly what they doing. They made a conscious choice to just OVER eat themselves into that condition.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-14-2019 at 07:25 AM.

10. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've put on some weight since retirement 6' and 208 lbs. I have cut back on my exercise regiment some and that is the result of it. I now only run 5 miles 3 days a week. I was doing 5 days a week. I also swim a lot weather permitting. I dont do any weight lifting.

I also eat basically whatever I want, I 'm not especially careful. I'll indulge when I feel like it, without feeling like I'm some kind of freak.

I don't even want to think about what kind of calorie intake you would have to have versus calories burned over what sort of time period to get up to 1,000 lbs. I mean come on.........

12. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

One of them said they eat all day, every day.

I just kept thinking about how much stress they put on their poor heart.

And how the 1,000 lb guy’s mom has to wipe his butt. There is zero dignity left at that point.

-Abbey

14. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    One of them said they eat all day, every day.

I just kept thinking about how my stress they put on their poor heart.

And how the 1,000 lb guy’s mom has to wipe his butt. There is zero dignity left at that point.
    yes, the day another human being has to wipe my ass solely because of choices I made is the day I end my own life, maybe that's just me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    yes, the day another human being has to wipe my ass solely because of choices I made is the day I end my own life, maybe that's just me.
    it may be by that time they are not physically capable of taking their own life...just a thought
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    it may be by that time they are not physically capable of taking their own life...just a thought
    At 1,000 lbs you would think your heart would do that for you.

18. Likes CSM liked this post