Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump signs border bill - $8 billion

Trump has done ALL he could have done, that I have asked for anyway. Every promise kept and the wall promise kept. No longer his fault if it fails - or if the liberals want our country to fail.

---

Trump declares national emergency to build a wall

In a rambling, teleprompter-free diatribe, President Trump announced that he was declaring a national emergency in order to build a wall at the southern border.

Speaking in the White House Rose Garden Friday morning, after a long digression in which he touched on trade policy with China, the war on ISIS and other subjects, Trump announced he would take executive action to divert federal money to declare a national emergency for “virtual invasion purposes.” In doing so, he brought up many of the discredited arguments he has been relying on over the last several months. He said drugs coming across the southern border don’t come through official ports of entry (not true), that El Paso, Texas, was dangerous before the construction of a wall (not true) and that women are being trafficked across the unguarded portions of the border (no evidence exists of this). Trump also disputed studies that have found undocumented immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than native-born citizens.

An emergency declaration would allow Trump to divert funds appropriated for other purposes to build the wall. Trump has said he would shift the money from “far less important” government programs, including the Department of Defense. A Pentagon official told the New York Times that one likely scenario would be to divert up to $2.5 billion in counternarcotics funds to the Army Corps of Engineers.

This is a departure from Trump’s original campaign promise that Mexico would pay for the wall. The administration did not get funding for a wall passed during the first two years of its term, when Republicans had control of both the Senate and the House, leading to a record 35-day government shutdown that also did not yield the funding Trump wanted.

Congress passed a continuing resolution Thursday to fund the government and avert a second shutdown, and Trump has agreed to sign it, but he made no mention of it in his remarks.

Rest - https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-dec...162757209.html

Trump announces he's signing border bill and declaring national emergency to get wall funding

President Donald Trump capped months of political drama Friday, announcing he's signing a bill to fund the government, avoiding another government shutdown, while also taking the extraordinary action of declaring a national emergency to secure additional funding for his proposed border wall that congressional Democrats refused to give him.

"I am going to be signing a national emergency," Trump said.

The president explained his highly controversial move in a Rose Garden announcement, saying "We're going to confront the national security crisis on our southern border and we're going to do it one way or the other."

He said he was taking "critical actions" but "not because it was a campaign promise."

"We're talking about an invasion of our country with drugs, with human traffickers, with all types of criminals and gangs," he explained.

"I don't have to do it for the election, I've already done a wall for the election, 2020," the president said in a sometimes rambling justification for his actions, blaming Democrats.

"And the only reason we're up here talking about this is because of the election, because they want to try and win an election which it looks like they're not going to be able to do, and this is one of the ways where they think they can possibly win -- is by obstruction and a lot of other nonsense -- and I think that I just want to get it done faster that's all," he said.

As he spoke, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders tweeted out a photo of the president signing the emergency declaration.

Rest - https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=61088949

Congress OKs Border Deal; Trump Will Sign, Declare Emergency

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress lopsidedly approved a border security compromise Thursday that would avert a second painful government shutdown, but a new confrontation was ignited — this time over President Donald Trump's plan to bypass lawmakers and declare a national emergency to siphon billions from other federal coffers for his wall on the Mexican boundary.

Money in the bill for border barriers, about $1.4 billion, is far below the $5.7 billion Trump insisted he needed and would finance just a quarter of the 200-plus miles he wanted. The White House said he'd sign the legislation but act unilaterally to get more, prompting condemnations from Democrats and threats of lawsuits from states and others who might lose federal money or said Trump was abusing his authority.

The uproar over Trump's next move cast an uncertain shadow over what had been a rare display of bipartisanship to address the grinding battle between the White House and lawmakers over border security.

The Senate passed the legislation 83-16, with both parties solidly aboard. The House followed with a 300-128 tally, with Trump's signature planned Friday. Trump will speak Friday morning in the Rose Garden about border security, the White House said.

Trump is expected to announce that he will be spending roughly $8 billion on border barriers — combining the money approved by Congress with funding he plans to repurpose through executive actions, including a national emergency, said a White House official who was not authorized to speak publicly. The money is expected to come from funds targeted for military construction and counterdrug efforts.

Rest - https://hosted.ap.org/article/34dde5...ene-resolution
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yup... he's only ONE MAN, and unfortunately the poor bastard is fighting not only an entire party that HATES America and WANTS the country FLOODED with illegal aliens... for VOTES... but even his own party has been an abject FAILURE and practically WORTHLESS.

If securing our border, building a wall and overhauling our broken immigration laws was SOLELY up to the president, he'd have DONE IT BY NOW.

I still hold President Trump in the highest regard.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-15-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And hopefully it will end up at the new SC.

---

Trump: We’ll ‘Possibly Get a Bad Ruling’ on Emergency Declaration, ‘Hopefully’ We’ll Win at SCOTUS

During his speech announcing a national emergency declaration on Friday, President Trump stated that there will “possibly” be a “bad ruling” against his emergency declaration in the 9th Circuit, and “hopefully” the declaration will win in front of the Supreme Court.

Trump said, “[W]e will have a national emergency. And we will then be sued, and they will sue us in the 9th Circuit, even though it shouldn’t be there. And we will possibly get a bad ruling, and then we’ll get another bad ruling. And then we’ll end up in the Supreme Court, and hopefully, we’ll get a fair shake, and we’ll win in the Supreme Court, just like the ban.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019...win-at-scotus/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Ya never know what that little OBAMACARE SAVIOR and ABORTION LOVER, Roberts, is going to do. He's a disgrace.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Trump expects the 9th to block - so do I! LOL

---

President Trump Says He Expects the 9th Circuit Court to Block His National Emergency Declaration

President Donald Trump said on Friday that he is expecting the Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit to block his emergency declaration to build the wall — but that he will take it to the Supreme Court where he believes that he will win.

While the president was open about expecting to be sued for the National Emergency, he said that he believes the declaration will “get a fair shake” in the Supreme Court.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...y-declaration/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Trump declares border national emergency to bipartisan skepticism

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump on Friday declared a national emergency to unlock billions of dollars in federal funds to build a wall on the southern border, bypassing Congress after lawmakers refused to meet his multi-billion dollar request for border wall funds.

For weeks, the President and his top officials had argued that there is a "crisis" on the southern border. Democrats pushed against that argument, saying there's no security crisis but rather a humanitarian one.

According to federal data, Customs and Border Protection apprehended nearly 400,000 people along the Southwest border in fiscal year 2018, an increase from 2017 but a decrease from 2016. Many of those apprehended were claiming asylum.

Trump on Friday reiterated his claims of an "invasion" of drugs and undocumented immigrants at the southern border, but offered little factual or statistical evidence to back up his claim that a national emergency exists.

Rest - https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/15/polit...ion/index.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Donald Trump Announces State of Emergency at the Border

President Donald Trump declared a state of emergency Friday to address the border crisis, allowing him to move outside of Congress to build border barriers.

“We’re going to confront the national security crisis on our border,” Trump announced in the Rose Garden. “And we are going to do it one way or the other. We have to do it.”

Trump previewed the legal fight to declare the emergency, citing previous presidents using the designation.

“I’m going to be signing a national emergency, and it’s been signed many times before. … there’s rarely been a problem,” he said. “They sign it, and nobody cares.”

He said that the decision was “very simple” and would help stop the crisis at the border.

Trump expressed his frustration with Congress, who refused to address his demand for $5.6 billion in funding for physical barriers.

He said that Democrats and local politicians who said that walls did not work were telling “lies,” again pointing to the physical barriers in El Paso that successfully protect Americans on the other side from traffickers, criminals, and illegal immigrants.

“Nancy knows it. Chuck knows it. It’s a lie. It’s a very big con game,” Trump said. “You don’t have to be very smart to know.”

The state of emergency declaration allows the president to shift existing funds within the government to the border.

The president spoke without a teleprompter during the announcement in the free-flowing event and took questions from reporters about the border fight.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rgency-border/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Trump signs border bill - $8 billion

In my lifetime, I have never seen a president who actually kept all of his promises and worked so hard to do it.

It is refreshing to see one who does.

Consider, too, all the crap he’s had to deal with in addition to doing his job, it is nothing short of remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    In my lifetime, I have never seen a president who actually kept all of his promises and worked so hard to do it.

It is refreshing to see one who does.

Consider, too, all the crap he’s had to deal with in addition to doing his job, it is nothing short of remarkable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just posted a thread about Ann Coulter, and believe it or not, was thinking the same. Unfortunately, it took a lot of wrangling and some compromise, and even then it wasn't enough, so he had to take a drastic route... maybe she wrote before that? Dunno.

But yeah, I THINK he's covered every last promise that "I" wanted. Maybe not all of course, but I am MORE than cool with what he's covered - and he's only 2 years in!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Trump's declaring a national emergency to build the wall - here's what you need to know

President Donald Trump is declaring a national emergency at the U.S. southern border to begin construction on his proposed wall in addition to accepting congressionally negotiated compromise funding, he announced during a Friday morning press conference in the Rose Garden.

Trump will accept the $1.375 billion in funding appropriated by Congress in addition to the $600 million available to him as a result of asset forfeiture, appropriate funding under his authority to interdict drug corridors and use military construction funds available to him under his authority as commander-in-chief.

Acting White House Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney told reporters Friday that the declaration was necessary because Congress is “incapable” of appropriating the amount of money needed in the administration’s eyes to build the 234-mile-long border wall.

White House officials familiar with the deal say all together, Trump will have $8 billion at his disposal, though they said they could not guarantee all 234 miles could be built because of statutory restrictions on the amount of funding available.

The announcement ends a nearly two-month-long saga involving the longest lapse of federal funding in U.S. history, a high stakes showdown with a newly controlled Democratic Congress and the use of every executive action effort available to fulfill Trump’s signature campaign promise.

Trump’s speech included an emotional appeal, asking mothers and wives of people slain by illegal immigrants to hold up photos of their deceased family members to the assembled reporters.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/15/t...mergency-wall/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Pollak: The Border Wall Deal — With the National Emergency — Is a Win for Trump

President Donald Trump seems to have scored a significant political win with the announcement Thursday that he will sign Congress’s deal on border security — while at the same time declaring a national emergency to build the portion of the “wall” that the deal would not fund.

If all goes as planned — and that is still a big “if” — Trump will have fulfilled his promise to build a physical barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border, without trading away amnesty.

There are strenuous objections to the bill Trump is about to sign. One is that the amount of money, $1.4 billion, is not only less than what is needed to secure the border, but less than Trump would have received from Democrats before the partial federal government shutdown last December. Indeed, the president of the National Border Patrol Council told Breitbart News Tonight that Congress had ignored what the experts said was the minimum needed.

All of that is true — and it only strengthens the case for a national emergency declaration. Arguably, it would have been harder to sell a national emergency declaration to the public had it not become clear over time that Congress simply would not provide funding to secure the border — even when advised by experts to do so.

Moreover, Pelosi and the Democrats have now agreed to fund at least some physical barrier on the border. It is no longer “immoral.”

Pelosi also told reporters Thursday that Trump would set a precedent for future unilateral actions — on guns, for example. The idea that Pelosi — who supported Barack Obama’s unconstitutional actions on immigration — cares about the separation of powers is a joke.

But the risk she describes has been reduced because not only are Trump’s actions lawful — as a gun ban would not be — but because there is also no longer any principled objection to a wall.

Border hawks are more worried about provisions in the bill, such as Section 224(a), that could create a loophole for future illegal aliens to enter the country and avoid deportation.

As my colleague John Binder warned Thursday, the section could “prevent federal immigration officials from deporting anyone who has close contact with [unaccompanied illegal alien minors] who are readily resettled throughout the U.S. with so-called ‘sponsors.’”

That is a real risk. But it will decrease over time, as the wall — or fence — is built. And if the Trump administration succeeds in defending its new policy on asylum — requiring applicants to stay outside the country until their claims are processed — there will be less risk of illegal aliens, whether children or otherwise, using ports of entry to slip over the border and disappear into the interior. It is a big loophole — but it is one that can be closed, gradually.

What is most important is what is not in the border wall deal: any form of legal status whatsoever for illegal aliens already in the United States. That includes the so-called “Dreamers,” the illegal aliens brought to the country as minors, 800,000 of whom have been protected under Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). There is no “path to citizenship.” Democrats missed a historic opportunity to trade a border wall for amnesty.

Now Pelosi and her party have lost all of their leverage on immigration reform. Their only hope is to win both the presidency and the Congress in 2020, and pass amnesty then — which may have been their calculation all along.

In the meantime, they have alienated many of the Republicans who might have worked with them, notably Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who supports the president’s “border deal plus national emergency” approach.

Trump has also given his supporters new reasons to come to the polls in 2020. If they want the wall to continue to be built, and if they want to prevent amnesty, they are going to have to make sure he is re-elected.

And if he wins, Democrats will have no cards to play. By the time immigration reform comes before Congress again, the wall will be in place, and any amnesty to which the politicians agree will be the last.

Which is as it should be. Trump wins.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/201...win-for-trump/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

UPROAR FROM ALL SIDES...

Congress OKs Border Deal; Trump Will Sign, Declare Emergency

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress lopsidedly approved a border security compromise Thursday that would avert a second painful government shutdown, but a new confrontation was ignited — this time over President Donald Trump's plan to bypass lawmakers and declare a national emergency to siphon billions from other federal coffers for his wall on the Mexican boundary.

Money in the bill for border barriers, about $1.4 billion, is far below the $5.7 billion Trump insisted he needed and would finance just a quarter of the 200-plus miles he wanted. The White House said he'd sign the legislation but act unilaterally to get more, prompting condemnations from Democrats and threats of lawsuits from states and others who might lose federal money or said Trump was abusing his authority.

Rest - https://hosted.ap.org/article/34dde5...ene-resolution