Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Democratic Rep. to introduce resolution to make climate change a national emergency

Do these dolts not realize that this will go to court, just like Trump's declared emergency?

Trump will be able to backup this emergency, the need, his rights and everything together. Of course the law and decisions being most important.

I truly believe that Pelosi and company will go absolutely nowhere with their gun grab try. The 2nd amendment & the facts simply don't side with her.

And the same here. Depends on what he "wants" and likely what they want to get rid of. I don't see the emergency and the laws don't back them up and they don't have the presidency. And even if/when they do, they/he/she, I simply don't see it prevailing. Do they really think they can now try and pass a weekly bill as a result of this and declare anything and everything an emergency?

A good thing Trump has been filling the land and the SC with conservative judges.

---

Democratic Rep. to introduce resolution to make climate change a national emergency

Oregon Democratic Rep. Earl Blumenauer on Friday announced his intention to introduce a resolution that would make climate change a national emergency.

“If Trump can call a national emergency for a fake crisis at the border, then surely Congress should call a national emergency for a REAL crisis,” he said in a statement.

Blumenauer’s announcement comes after President Donald Trump’s Friday morning Rose Garden press conference during which he stated his intention to declare a national emergency at the border in order to potentially free up more funding for his proposed border wall.

Many, including several GOP lawmakers, have warned that such a declaration could end up hurting conservative causes in the long run. A Democratic president, they argue, could theoretically use such a declaration to further any issue they wished, from climate change to gun control.

The Oregon Democrat called Trump’s decision “profoundly disturbing” in a letter to fellow lawmakers.

“What our country should be doing right now is focusing efforts on addressing a real national emergency and one of the most pressing issues of our time: the climate crisis,” he said.

Blumenauer is one of the House sponsors of the Green New Deal, legislation originally introduced by freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that would order a massive overhaul of the nation’s agricultural, travel, and economic system in the name of combating climate change.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/16/e...nal-emergency/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Rep. Earl Blumenauer has obviously not taken the invitation to tour the border - just as
    others in the Dem liberal cadre have refused to do so.

Climate change is inevitable, as it has been for eons. Maybe man-caused things do lend to
    it, but I think not as much as these 'Chicken Little' whiners insist. All it takes is one huge
    eruption from a volcano to surpass anything created by industrial countries.

I am glad that I am not in his district! I would fight him tooth and nail.

(Let's not forget AOC's 'farting cows'!)
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-16-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Default Democratic Rep. to introduce resolution to make climate change a national emergency

As dire as this all sounds, the Democrats are in a corner.

For the past two years, they have been promising impeachment of the President. And to get there, they needed Russian collusion....well that hasn’t turned out for them.

Dems also have promised their base that they will not allow a wall to be built.... well, that didn’t pan out for them, either. Furthermore, they are likely to lose their court challenge right before the Presidential campaign.

It gets worse.... the sequestration act is still in effect, meaning that if the Dems can’t agree with the Republicans before the end of the year on a budget deal (which will include funding for a wall) automatic spending cuts go into effect... meaning a lot of domestic programs getting cut.... so they have the choice between agreeing to a wall or agreeing to domestic funding cuts... neither will be good news for them

So all this stuff you’re seeing is Democrat Desperation... they are going to be fed a big turd sandwich by Chef Donald and will have to eat it in front of us on national TV and THEY KNOW IT and, worse yet, so does President Trump

Let’s not forget the AOC effect while we are at it... every time she opens her mouth she is giving Trump 1,000 votes in his favor. And the more time passes, the more insane she sounds..... even Cher, no right wing conservative, has criticized her. Yeah, being Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer right now sure must suck big time
    Last edited by KarlMarx; 02-17-2019 at 09:15 PM.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

6. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default This is another case where the UNEDUCATED speak out of their butt.

I checked the Constitution. CONGRESS CRITTERS CAN NOT DECLARE A NATIONAL EMERGENCY. Only the President...http://www.astho.org/Programs/Prepar...01-Fact-Sheet/
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

8. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter, Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aboutime View Post
    I checked the Constitution. CONGRESS CRITTERS CAN NOT DECLARE A NATIONAL EMERGENCY. Only the President...http://www.astho.org/Programs/Prepar...01-Fact-Sheet/
    Good point. Congress could over ride an emergency declaration but it requires both houses to do it. That seems unlikely to happen considering the Senate is mostly Republican

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

10. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

how can we not be embarrassed by our country with these kinds of knuckleheads winning elections time and again?
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

12. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    how can we not be embarrassed by our country with these kinds of knuckleheads winning elections time and again?
    Good question.

I feel that they never learn the lessons they are given, and keep squirming for more means to be disruptive.

Spoiled brats! There should be high chairs, trays, and spoons on that party's side of The Congress - at
    least the most vocal of them. That way they can pound their spoons to get attention - just like a whining brat does.

They - the Dems - have all been invited to view the problems around our Southern Border, but as of yet none
    have taken the challenge. But many had time to go to a 'retreat' in Puerto Rico, vacation in Hawaii, and
    plan a junket to Europe and the Middle East on the taxpayers dime. That tells a lot about their priorities.
    Last edited by Elessar; 02-18-2019 at 09:08 AM.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do these dolts not realize that this will go to court, just like Trump's declared emergency?

Trump will be able to backup this emergency, the need, his rights and everything together. Of course the law and decisions being most important.

I truly believe that Pelosi and company will go absolutely nowhere with their gun grab try. The 2nd amendment & the facts simply don't side with her.

And the same here. Depends on what he "wants" and likely what they want to get rid of. I don't see the emergency and the laws don't back them up and they don't have the presidency. And even if/when they do, they/he/she, I simply don't see it prevailing. Do they really think they can now try and pass a weekly bill as a result of this and declare anything and everything an emergency?

A good thing Trump has been filling the land and the SC with conservative judges.

---

Democratic Rep. to introduce resolution to make climate change a national emergency

Oregon Democratic Rep. Earl Blumenauer on Friday announced his intention to introduce a resolution that would make climate change a national emergency.

“If Trump can call a national emergency for a fake crisis at the border, then surely Congress should call a national emergency for a REAL crisis,” he said in a statement.

Blumenauer’s announcement comes after President Donald Trump’s Friday morning Rose Garden press conference during which he stated his intention to declare a national emergency at the border in order to potentially free up more funding for his proposed border wall.

Many, including several GOP lawmakers, have warned that such a declaration could end up hurting conservative causes in the long run. A Democratic president, they argue, could theoretically use such a declaration to further any issue they wished, from climate change to gun control.

The Oregon Democrat called Trump’s decision “profoundly disturbing” in a letter to fellow lawmakers.

“What our country should be doing right now is focusing efforts on addressing a real national emergency and one of the most pressing issues of our time: the climate crisis,” he said.

Blumenauer is one of the House sponsors of the Green New Deal, legislation originally introduced by freshman Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that would order a massive overhaul of the nation’s agricultural, travel, and economic system in the name of combating climate change.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/16/e...nal-emergency/

Democrats truly don't give a shit about the rule of law at all do they? The PRESIDENT has the lawful authority to declare a national emergency, not Congress. Congress gave that power in 1976.

16. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Also, its like the Dems totally don't understand that since leaving the Paris Accord, the US has actually cut our carbon output by MORE Than every country in the Paris Accord has.

One must really begin to wonder why Congress, and really this is BOTH parties, enjoy giving OUR money to foreign governments so much.

18. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I would specify, that it's not "our country" as a whole, it's the radical liberal democrat city slickers in their toilet denisons. Seems like where ever you tightly pack in a few million people together, they lose their freakin' minds. I couldn't tell you why that is, but it isn't happening out here in America where we have some elbow room.

20. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I would specify, that it's not "our country" as a whole, it's the radical liberal democrat city slickers in their toilet denisons. Seems like where ever you tightly pack in a few million people together, they lose their freakin' minds. I couldn't tell you why that is, but it isn't happening out here in America where we have some elbow room.

While the Democrats in office are far dumber and more worthless than their Republican counterparts, that isn't really giving Republicans any great compliment.

Answer me this, how many of the 435 members of the House and 100 Senators can you think of that you would hire to run your small business?

Now think seriously about that question. Not only do you want someone smart to run your business, but you also need someone who is honest, and puts the interest of the company above their own when making decisions regarding the company.

For me , the answer is 0. And I'll even go further, happy as I am with many of the things Trump has done as President, surely in a country of 300M +people we could find a person who could both be a calm rational person and have accomplished what Trump has accomplished. That he and Hillary Clinton were our candidates for President is absolutely sickening.

22. Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    While the Democrats in office are far dumber and more worthless than their Republican counterparts, that isn't really giving Republicans any great compliment.

Answer me this, how many of the 435 members of the House and 100 Senators can you think of that you would hire to run your small business?

Now think seriously about that question. Not only do you want someone smart to run your business, but you also need someone who is honest, and puts the interest of the company above their own when making decisions regarding the company.

For me , the answer is 0. And I'll even go further, happy as I am with many of the things Trump has done as President, surely in a country of 300M +people we could find a person who could both be a calm rational person and have accomplished what Trump has accomplished. That he and Hillary Clinton were our candidates for President is absolutely sickening.
    Trump was/is the perfect person to be president right now. We needed a bull in the China shop, an outsider, someone that would upset the tea kart, someone that didn't play games like the rest of them in Washington, kept his promises and got things done, and that's what we got. I couldn't be happier with President Trump, and I plan on voting for him again. Just watching how bad he pisses off the democrats is worth it's weight in gold, because if you're pissing them off, you're doing something RIGHT.

24. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes The Sage of Main Street liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Trump was/is the perfect person to be president right now. We needed a bull in the China shop, an outsider, someone that would upset the tea kart, someone that didn't play games like the rest of them in Washington, kept his promises and got things done, and that's what we got. I couldn't be happier with President Trump, and I plan on voting for him again. Just watching how bad he pisses off the democrats is worth it's weight in gold, because if you're pissing them off, you're doing something RIGHT.
    Let's be clear. I agree with that, However, it is also true that he could do all that minus the stupid shit he does.

And of course he has done plenty of stupid shit as President.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Let's be clear. I agree with that, However, it is also true that he could do all that minus the stupid shit he does.

And of course he has done plenty of stupid shit as President.
    He is bombastic to a fault at times, But he is direct and meaningful in trying to re-right the ship
    of state and restore the dignity that Obama scuttled.

A Deplorable!

27. Likes Drummond liked this post