Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Well now you know not.
    So, enlighten us.

Its bad.
    Worse than 'good', then. But, 'bad' can be interpreted in various ways. 'Bad' can describe a crumbling pavement, for example, needing repair. It's hardly comparable, say, to a building full of people being bombed, people being maimed or killed as a result.

Does your one word judgment convey enough of an answer for the reader to be clear about how you feel ? I hardly think so.

As Jim points out ... no evidence of passion behind your thinking.

They’re wrong.
    Again, your answer isn't saying much of anything. I can say that 2+2=5. Does your level of caring equate to your reaction in seeing a sum miscalculated, OR, do you think that the issue, and fact, of terrorist support has greater significance ?

No evidence of passion .. again ...

Short term - Moderate muslims should be leading their communities away from extremism.
    Yours is an answer (this pervading your entire response) which approaches all this as though it were simply an academic exercise. I suggest to you that it's no such thing.

It's a matter of life v death .. of savagery v decency. Of law and order v destructive lawlessness.

In fact .. it's a matter of good v evil. Of which will prevail. Of the avoidance of death and destruction meted out to innocent people and to meritorious societies.

So tell me this. What 'leading their communities away from extremism' do you see your supposed 'moderate Muslims' actually DOING ?

Can you provide evidence of any such thing occurring to any appreciable extent, AT ALL ??

Long term - Continued (and better) public education on scientific reasoning and empathetic understanding.
    So .. you'd suggest what, then, in real terms ?

Seminars ?

Saturation coverage on TV networks ?

Logic courses ?

'Alcoholics Anonymous' - style meetings ending in group hugs ??

How nice, Noir.

In the meantime ... terrorists from foreign lands, foreign societies, who share NONE of your values, and NO humanity AT ALL, travel from those lands (or recruit from them) and launch their terrorist actions. Killing, maiming, and destroying ... spreading their misery and terror to innocents.

Cue a news commentator, maybe, viewing the carnage ... to conclude that it was all ... 'BAD' (such a commentator would not be broadcasting from the BBC, because they hate to offer 'value judgments' in anything they say) ... ??

To the same extent that we don’t want to be the victim of said radicalisation etc.
    Who does ?

But yours is a non-answer. I asked you about tackling such evils. You say nothing which gives any detail at all on that.

Is this because, in truth, you from your perspective can offer no solution .. and still expect THAT to suffice, THAT to be preferable to the approach most posting on this forum would readily advocate ??

The answers above are largely pointless and some probably wrong, but if youÂ’ve found them interesting, fair enough.
    Pointless ... yes. You seem to be totally distant, in your thinking and feeling, from the entire issue involved. As Jim says ... zero passion is involved.

Where is your HUMAN CARING ?

Did I find your answers 'interesting' ? Well ... I found what they revealed 'interesting'. But more than that, Noir, I found them appalling.

Many THOUSANDS have died, the victim of terrorism. Thousands more have been maimed and suffered terribly. Yet more thousands (& are these figures under-estimates ?) have been bereaved, lives blighted as a result.

So I suggest this: THIS, NOIR, IS NO ACADEMIC EXERCISE. A LIFE OR DEATH STRUGGLE FOR THE VERY FUTURE OF HUMANITY IS AT STAKE HERE. DO WE KNUCKLE UNDER TO A BARBARIC CREED, TO SAVAGES, OR DOES DECENT, RIGHTEOUS, CIVILIZATION WIN OUT IN THE END ?
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-20-2019 at 06:44 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

2. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

As expected - even a most non-confrontational statement like ‘Islamic terrorism is bad’ is met with ‘but how should I interpret what you mean when you say bad’ good grief.

Please recognise how impossible it is to have a good conversation when this is where it goes.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    As expected - even a most non-confrontational statement like ‘Islamic terrorism is bad’ is met with ‘but how should I interpret what you mean when you say bad’ good grief.

Please recognise how impossible it is to have a good conversation when this is where it goes.
    Please particularly recognise your refusal to allow your viewpoints (such as they are) to have a meaningful airing on this forum, when you're challenged to do this.

For many of us, Noir, the subject matter under discussion is rather more than a dry exercise in pedantry or even one-upmanship. It has to do with decency, life or death issues, and standing up to aggressors who will, given the chance to, threaten and redefine our very way of life and the future of humanity.

Perhaps you can be persuaded to properly comprehend this. But, on your present showing, I seriously doubt it.

5. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Please particularly recognise your refusal to allow your viewpoints (such as they are) to have a meaningful airing on this forum, when you're challenged to do this.

For many of us, Noir, the subject matter under discussion is rather more than a dry exercise in pedantry or even one-upmanship. It has to do with decency, life or death issues, and standing up to aggressors who will, given the chance to, threaten and redefine our very way of life and the future of humanity.

Perhaps you can be persuaded to properly comprehend this. But, on your present showing, I seriously doubt it.
    My friend, you call out Noir on his evasive way of replying to serious matters.
    Then Noir complains about that very thing to you evasively in reply!
    Surely by now , one must see that it is a mental problem he has- called liberalism or enlightened progressiveness.
    Both are forms of mental illness but are not recognized to be such because their faithful followers(victims) have made sure this insanity is viewed as and declared to be - a truly magnificent and a most wonderful great enlightenment.
    We that have not been brainwashed, are then viewed to be savages, animals and totally worthless beings.
    This mass delusion liberals/progressives are infected with can only be created to this huge level by the Dark Lord--
    which according to them--does not exist, as neither does God!
    Sad is it not that they control the dem party, mainstream media and majority of the established bureaucracy of our Federal government.
    At such level-- it is truly a malignant cancer, one we either deal with or else we will perish from my friend..
    I now think we perish from it (as a sovereign nation) -- as it has now advanced too far and long ago allied itself with our nation's foreign enemies ..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

7. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    My friend, you call out Noir on his evasive way of replying to serious matters.
    Then Noir complains about that very thing to you evasively in reply!
    Surely by now , one must see that it is a mental problem he has- called liberalism or enlightened progressiveness.
    Both are forms of mental illness but are not recognized to be such because their faithful followers(victims) have made sure this insanity is viewed as and declared to be - a truly magnificent and a most wonderful great enlightenment.
    We that have not been brainwashed, are then viewed to be savages, animals and totally worthless beings.
    This mass delusion liberals/progressives are infected with can only be created to this huge level by the Dark Lord--
    which according to them--does not exist, as neither does God!
    Sad is it not that they control the dem party, mainstream media and majority of the established bureaucracy of our Federal government.
    At such level-- it is truly a malignant cancer, one we either deal with or else we will perish from my friend..
    I now think we perish from it (as a sovereign nation) -- as it has now advanced too far and long ago allied itself with our nation's foreign enemies ..-Tyr

All very well said, my friend. Mental illness, dressed up to be a supposedly 'viable' way for any society to proceed. In the meantime .. our savage, subhuman enemies go on to wage their war against civilisation .. feeding upon, exploiting to the hilt, the delusions the Left indulges in.

Noir can see none of it. Nor can those like him.

They cripple us all.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Sickening stuff, this.

Shamima Begum no doubt relied on the mood in the UK being far more in line with the typical appeasement the Left here would offer to a Muslim in dire straits (whether or not s/he is actually a traitor matters not one jot to them). Now that a couple of weeks have gone by, and the overall mood lacks sympathy for her, NOW, she's rewriting her stance. NOW, she's a 'changed woman', 'seeing the error of her ways'.

Amazing, eh ?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...id=mailsignout

Her own family in Britain have said they are appalled at some of the things she has said and at the weekend her father condemned her lack of remorse for what IS has done.

Today I find Shamima at pains to be conciliatory. She finally seems to understand the offence she has caused and the damage it has done to her prospects of returning home.

‘I am hoping to be given a second chance’, she says quietly.

‘I’d like to be an example of how someone can change. I want to help, encourage other young British people to think before they make life- changing decisions like this and not to make the same mistake as me.

‘I can’t do that if I am sitting here in a camp. I can’t do that for you.’

Cynics may question her sincerity and she clings to the belief that she is a victim in all of this, rather than someone who chose to leave her home and join a terror group.

‘I feel like I’ve been discriminated against because everyone was saying I was a poster girl for ISIS,’ she says of the decision to strip her of her passport. ‘I’m being made an example of. I’m being punished right now because I’m famous.’
    She handed over her British passport willingly when she arrived in Syria with two school friends in February 2015.

‘They took my passport but I thought to myself ‘‘what am I going to do with it? I don’t really have any use for it’’,’ she says.

She never expected to go back. Her future, the future she wanted, was as a housewife in the caliphate.
    So, things didn't turn out as she expected, and now, only NOW, is she suddenly regretful.

Regretful as she needs to be, to strike the best note she can to gain sympathy -- as a means to an end.
    Last edited by Drummond; 02-25-2019 at 10:39 AM.