Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    I guess we have a different definition of the word magic. If you can't detail this creation process or the creator in detail then it's magic. Evolution does include randomness indeed, more like probability. Just like some people have a probability to grow an extra toe. If two people with an extra toe breed then their children have the chance to have an extra toe. Suddenly you have many with an extra toe. You seem to have trouble with the vastness of time when you make big claims like a swim bladder becomes a lung. This is a process that can take millions even billions of years and there is no designed order to it. Again, I admit, I can't properly debate this, a biologist could and you should seek one out. I bet it would be super interesting.
    Evolutionists always avoid the step of going from non-life to life, I notice. No matter how many things evolutionists let slide with the ridiculousness of mutations and macroevolution, they still don't even try to explain non-life to life. They usually say "amino acids are the building blocks of life" and then mumble and try to change the subject.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands”.

Psalm 19:1
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

4. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Darwin is definitely outdated, modern evolution theory has moved on like Einstein from Newton.
    Well that was a stupid comment. And pointless.

Some things never change. You should fear Darwinism above all of us, Pete. Man's interference with it is the only reason you breathe.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post

Microevolution is just accentuation of good traits, like the fastest gazelle living longer than the slower gazelles because it can outrun predators. Of course that happens. But it doesn't imply that macroevolution occurs.
    Think can happen over 300 million years. It's just a matter of time scale.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Evolutionists always avoid the step of going from non-life to life, I notice. No matter how many things evolutionists let slide with the ridiculousness of mutations and macroevolution, they still don't even try to explain non-life to life. They usually say "amino acids are the building blocks of life" and then mumble and try to change the subject.
    Evolution theory doesn't seek to explain non-life to life. That is your issue. Not Evolution theory. Evolution only explains the process by which animals change, not how life started.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

And creationism is not? We have vaccines every year for the flu because we understand evolution.
    Idiot. Evolution theory always starts with life already here. I guess in your infinite liberal fantasy world that is just
    a very minor detail, eh?
    As explained by my teacher decades ago, reptiles became birds over millions of years of evolving. I asked what spurred all these infinite number of adaptive changes to bring about that magical results. His answer, competition living space, need to escape predators, need for food, need to survive!
    I then queried, so this took place gradually over millions of years. His answer, sure it could not have happened overnight.
    I then asked what impetus is immense enough to stir great change that allows millions of years of gradual change-- why didnt they all die out-- you know these reptiles with feathers crawling thru mud and muck unable t fly yet-- because their bones were not light enough?
    Would those mutations have all perished.

He was dumbfounded and replied, let us discuss this later--and we did most of the school year, by its end, he was converted to thinking evolution theory is pure bunk.
    Whereas a genius like you will never see the light because you love the moronic explanation that absents God's hand in creation .. -Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

10. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Evolution theory doesn't seek to explain non-life to life. That is your issue. Not Evolution theory. Evolution only explains the process by which animals change, not how life started.
    Well now you've entirely moved the goal posts, because YES, you darwinists surely did tell us that all living things crawled out of the primordial swamp after life magically appeared and then magically arranged itself into complex creatures, also lacking to explain all the plants.

Now you want to pass off adaptation and mutation as evolution. Well sorry, but that's an even bigger farce than the original fairy tale.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-23-2019 at 11:04 AM.

12. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Ding Ding Ding! I'm STILL waiting on my explanation for the "Big Bang" theory. Creating something from nothing which defies the same scientific laws the proponents of the theory tout. When your theory is contradicted by your own rules, it tells me you got scrambled eggs for brains and no real clue.

Tracing all of these theories down always seems to lead to Man's arrogance in the pseudo-science community. Man-made Global Warming. Expanding universe. How can you state the universe is expanding when you don't have a defined center?

Sure has a lot of boneheads tap dancing to the music and forking over the money.

The weak hide out withing society and cloak themselves in laws that disenfranchise the strong that built the society. It is their only protection from Darwinism. Left on their own, the weak cannot preserve themselves.
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-23-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

14. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Think can happen over 300 million years. It's just a matter of time scale.
    300 million years of macroevolution being impossible equals 300 million years of no macroevolution
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.

16. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Creationism does explain non-life to life. Evolutionists just believe it was "magic".

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    Idiot. Evolution theory always starts with life already here. I guess in your infinite liberal fantasy world that is just
    a very minor detail, eh?
    As explained by my teacher decades ago, reptiles became birds over millions of years of evolving. I asked what spurred all these infinite number of adaptive changes to bring about that magical results. His answer, competition living space, need to escape predators, need for food, need to survive!
    I then queried, so this took place gradually over millions of years. His answer, sure it could not have happened overnight.
    I then asked what impetus is immense enough to stir great change that allows millions of years of gradual change-- why didnt they all die out-- you know these reptiles with feathers crawling thru mud and muck unable t fly yet-- because their bones were not light enough?
    Would those mutations have all perished.

He was dumbfounded and replied, let us discuss this later--and we did most of the school year, by its end, he was converted to thinking evolution theory is pure bunk.
    Whereas a genius like you will never see the light because you love the moronic explanation that absents God's hand in creation .. -Tyr
    In your query your teacher who likely was, what, a high school teacher with limited understanding, you make gigantic assumptions. Why would they all die out? Why are you assuming the entire planet was muck? Why would the feather mutation have perished completely? Feathers are not just for flight, but for insulation. Remember theropod dinosaurs (the reptiles that became birds) were warm blooded. Retaining heat is an advantage. Again, talk to an actual evolutionary biologist rather than some run of the mill mediocre high school teacher.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Creationism does explain non-life to life. Evolutionists just believe it was "magic".
    "let there be light" is magic, is it not?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Ding Ding Ding! I'm STILL waiting on my explanation for the "Big Bang" theory. Creating something from nothing which defies the same scientific laws the proponents of the theory tout. When your theory is contradicted by your own rules, it tells me you got scrambled eggs for brains and no real clue.

Tracing all of these theories down always seems to lead to Man's arrogance in the pseudo-science community. Man-made Global Warming. Expanding universe. How can you state the universe is expanding when you don't have a defined center?

Sure has a lot of boneheads tap dancing to the music and forking over the money.

The weak hide out withing society and cloak themselves in laws that disenfranchise the strong that built the society. It is their only protection from Darwinism. Left on their own, the weak cannot preserve themselves.
    evolution is the description of how life changes, I don't know how you confuse that with the big bang.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

300 million years of macroevolution being impossible equals 300 million years of no macroevolution
    I agree with your previously stated assessment.

If you are the anomaly - a genetic mistake - and do not have the means to replicate yourself genetically down to the last chromosome and create an entire race of identical life forms, when you die, the anomaly dies with you. Even if the anomaly is duplicated here and there, it is by mistake, not design.

The scientific theory of evolution cannot be proven because the bridge required to do so doesn't exist. They always hit that wall of zero evidence. That's why it's called a "theory". In each scientific theory presented, the elephant in the room of not being able to connect the dots from A to Z is the only constant.
    Last edited by Gunny; 02-23-2019 at 12:44 PM.

23. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I agree with your previously stated assessment.

If you are the anomaly - a genetic mistake - and do not have the means to replicate yourself genetically down to the last chromosome and create an entire race of identical life forms, when you die, the anomaly dies with you. Even if the anomaly is duplicated here and there, it is by mistake, not design.

The scientific theory of evolution cannot be proven because the bridge required to do so doesn't exist. They always hit that wall of zero evidence. That's why it's called a "theory". In each scientific theory presented, the elephant in the room of not being able to connect the dots from A to Z is the only constant.
    We wouldn't have modern medicine without applying the principles of evolution.