Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    lol that is a main point of the theory. you don't understand evolution. end of story. it's embarrassing that you rant on about this.
    Sorry Bub... but you're not going to pass adaptation and/or mutation off as evolution, ain't happenin', man.

Why are you back peddling? Why are you giving up on Darwin's theory and throwing him under the bus? Embarrassed?
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-23-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Good thread.
    Yeah... see... even I can debate with Pete when he decides to just debate and leave out the sarcasm and insults. He behaves, I do too.

3. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Sorry Bub... but you're not going to pass adaptation and/or mutation off as evolution, ain't happenin', man.

Why are you back peddling? Why are you giving up on Darwin's theory and throwing him under the bus? Embarrassed?
    Adaptation and mutation are core principles. Please stop. Find an intro textbook or I will when I get home later.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

we still don't know about the moment of the big bang or how life started. so maybe there is room there if you want to extend out to those topics that are really outside evolution, but again, the theory of evolution only describes how life changes. it's a narrow objective.
    Then why does Dawkins vocalize how anti God he is when discussing evolution.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Richard Dawkins was much smarter back when he was hosting Family Feud. He must have had a head injury or something.
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 - A wise man's heart directs him to the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him to the left.
    Wise men don't need advice, and fools won't take it - Ben Franklin
    "It's not how you start, it's how you finish."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Diamond View Post
    Why does it matter? Dawkins is a pop scientist.
    Last edited by pete311; 02-23-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I've already given you the example of how we study flu strains yearly to create vaccines. The whole industry of genetics is supported by evolution theory.
    The whole industry of genetics is supported by 1930s - 40s NAZI Germany's experimentation. There's an example for you to chew on.

And speaking of ... how much money do we spend studying flu strains? Yet we have all kinds of flu's every season.

The industry of genetics is driven by actual evolution, not the "theory of evolution". As I stated, y'all like to flip flop between one and the other as it suits you. I made a practice of keeping my eye on the ball when it comes to such subjects with you lefties to ensure the only person you're circle-jerking is yourself.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    The whole industry of genetics is supported by 1930s - 40s NAZI Germany's experimentation. There's an example for you to chew on.

And speaking of ... how much money do we spend studying flu strains? Yet we have all kinds of flu's every season.

The industry of genetics is driven by actual evolution, not the "theory of evolution". As I stated, y'all like to flip flop between one and the other as it suits you. I made a practice of keeping my eye on the ball when it comes to such subjects with you lefties to ensure the only person you're circle-jerking is yourself.
    What is actual evolution? Can you show me a textbook? Do you know the definition of scientific theory?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

What is actual evolution? Can you show me a textbook? Do you know the definition of scientific theory?
    Speaking of circle jerks .... I defined both above. Check it out. The up arrow allows you to scroll

Evolution is life. Anything not evolving is dead/inanimate. Simple as I can make it for you. Scientific theory is someone's educated (or not) guess based on what they consider a trail of evidence and manage to sell to whichever guppy is biting. It is not supported by REAL fact, logic nor common sense. Matter of fact, I listed examples above of scientific theories that defy actual scientific law. You even made a stupid comment about it rather than address the facts stated.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Speaking of circle jerks .... I defined both above. Check it out. The up arrow allows you to scroll

Evolution is life. Anything not evolving is dead/inanimate. Simple as I can make it for you. Scientific theory is someone's educated (or not) guess based on what they consider a trail of evidence and manage to sell to whichever guppy is biting. It is not supported by REAL fact, logic nor common sense. Matter of fact, I listed examples above of scientific theories that defy actual scientific law. You even made a stupid comment about it rather than address the facts stated.
    Scientific theory is not a guess and you reduce an incredibly complex field of study with a moronically simplistic statement of evolution is life. Did you just suffer a stroke?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Tangential topic:
    Why do you think NASA's stated number one goal in space research is to find indicia that "life" was once supported on other planets? It is the endless pursuit to try to back up theories on the origins of life for which there is and never will be proof.
    I love documentaries about space, but I think the goal is flawed and unnecessary. Let's explore for other habitable planets, or useful materials, or even just for the sheer joy of it.
    Stop spending millions on an agenda like this.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Scientific theory is not a guess and you reduce an incredibly complex field of study with a moronically simplistic statement of evolution is life. Did you just suffer a stroke?
    Incorrect. I reduce scientific theory to what it is. It is complex only because people like you who believe the shit and those who love your money make it that way. Baffle 'em with bullshit, right?

You've been shot down every direction you've turned in this thread. I HAVE had a stroke. And I'm STILL not as dumb as you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Adaptation and mutation are core principles. Please stop. Find an intro textbook or I will when I get home later.
    *BUZZER*... wrong again. The core principle of evolution is that life magically appears, then cells magically arrange themselves into complex living beings, and then over time magically morph themselves into entirely different things, period, and according to that theory, i.e., humans are descendants of monkeys. You're attempting to move the goal posts, Pete, and it ain't gonna fly. You're trying to mix match entirely different processes to keep the evolution farce alive... not working... sorry.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-23-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Incorrect. I reduce scientific theory to what it is. It is complex only because people like you who believe the shit and those who love your money make it that way. Baffle 'em with bullshit, right?

You've been shot down every direction you've turned in this thread. I HAVE had a stroke. And I'm STILL not as dumb as you
    Nope

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    *BUZZER*... wrong again. The core principle of evolution is that life magically appears, then cells magically arrange themselves into complex living beings, and then over time magically morph themselves into entirely different things, period, and according to that theory, i.e., humans are descendants of monkeys. You're attempting to move the goal posts, Pete, and it ain't gonna fly. You're trying to mix match entirely different processes to keep the evolution farce alive... not working... sorry.
    Nope