Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Give the Preppy Progressive an Inch, and They'll Take a Mile

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    My parents came here (legally) from Italy in 1955 .... 90 years after the Civil War ended

(They also became citizens, paid taxes, assimilated, learned English... and had jobs, and never broke the law...but that’s another topic)

While slavery was an institution in this country, my ancestors were dirt poor peasants trying to keep body and soul together in the Italian countryside.

I can assure you that neither I nor any of my ancestors owned slaves.

So, if Elizabeth Warren thinks we should pay reparations for slavery, I think me and my family’s share is $0.00. We don’t owe anybody anything. Pocahontas Warren and Kamala Harris can both go jump in a lake.

Guess what????? MOST PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY ARE THE DESCENDANTS OF IMMIGRANTS WHO CAME HERE AFTER THE CIVIL WAR! They don’t owe any blacks a cent, either.

ON THE OTHER HAND....

Let’s factor in the taxes I’ve paid since 1978... of which at least $100K was for food stamps, welfare, and other social programs benefitting blacks....

Likewise, My family probably paid an additional $250K since 1955 for the same programs that benefit blacks....

So the way I see it, my family and I are entitled to reparations from black people...

Tell them to send the checks to me and my family by the end of the month

While they’re at it, they can pay back the 5 Trillion dollars that the American Taxpayer spent since 1965 on the War On Poverty which also benefitted them

So that’s how I see reparations
    So those whose ancestors came here before the Civil War are guilty of some heinous crime? There was nothing wrong with slavery; it was the only way for the unfit to survive without forcing the fit to exterminate them in order to ensure their own survival.

Quit using the required answers; you're giving the plutocratic Whiteys Hating Whiteys a foundation to build on. Their anti-majority class should collapse and crumble. Zero Tolerance for the racial-equality myth, or we will be the ones who won't survive and all the wealth that finances even deserved benefits will disappear along with us.
    On the Outside, Trickling Down on the Insiders
    The Born-Rich Hate and Fear All Other White People. Cut Them off at 18 or Cut Them Down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default "Imprimatur Ut Imperemus" (Let It Be Printed (or Not) So That We Can Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Reparations will do absolutely nothing to increase the economic standing of Blacks...

It is just another wealth redistribution scheme

Blacks have serious issues... the disintegration of the Black family being one. Oddly enough this started in the 1960s with the War On Poverty which gave black women the economic motivation to have children out of wedlock (free welfare to single moms).
    Typical of appeasing Conservatives who politicize it by preaching that Blacks were corrupted by Liberal programs and would have become productive and law-abiding under Conservative ones. No wonder Republicans can't get enough Whites to vote for them. Because Liberals are actually your own sons or sons' elitist-college classmates, you're afraid to say that genetic racial inferiority is an obvious fact. Of course, you usually get banned for that statement on this controlled Internet.
    The Born-Rich Hate and Fear All Other White People. Cut Them off at 18 or Cut Them Down.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Being Typical Republicans, Abolitionists Was All About Freeing Up Cheap Labor

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’ve said this before, but also, the descendants of anyone who fought for the Union in the Civil War should get reparations. Every descendant. Whether that soldier was wounded, killed, or went home intact. Who knows what they could have accomplished financially if they could have stayed home and tended the farm, kept both legs and arms, etc. If we are going to go back in time to determine what people deserve, let’s do it for everyone.
    Lincoln sent Americans to kill their fellow Americans on behalf of Africans. And Republicans still idolize him. We need a revolution to overthrow the duopoly that has treated us with contempt throughout our history.
    Last edited by The Sage of Main Street; 02-23-2019 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I’ve said this before, but also, the descendants of anyone who fought for the Union in the Civil War should get reparations. Every descendant. Whether that soldier was wounded, killed, or went home intact. Who knows what they could have accomplished financially if they could have stayed home and tended the farm, kept both legs and arms, etc. If we are going to go back in time to determine what people deserve, let’s do it for everyone.
    Hah. Descendants of anyone who fought for the Union freed them. Look how well THAT's worked out. Y'all can pay them.

For me, and STILL LIVING former slave is entitled to compensation from any or all STILL LIVING former slave owner. Otherwise, I never owned any. In my lifetime blacks have have gone from having less Rights to having more Rights than I do. They are grossly misrepresented and their presence in Congress is extremely exaggerated in comparison to their actual percentage of the population.

They are divisive, self-serving, feel entitled all based on the racism THEY keep alive. I see no reason for the US taxpayer to fund their quest for lives on Easy Street.

BTW, anyone besides me notice in the news that not only have whites been disenfranchised by blacks in South Africa justified by "payback", but now they (whites) cannot leave the country once dispossessed. Blacks ran a viable government into the ground because they don't have a clue what they are doing, and now won't let disenfranchised whites leave because they need them to fix it. Guess who the slaves are now?

We've put ourselves on the same list.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

5. Likes The Sage of Main Street liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Default They want reparations? OKAY...here's where the money should come from...

These two people have flourished, and enjoyed their riches off the backs of Black Americans since the days when Martin Luther King was alive...trying to bring Americans together.

Jesse and Al (notso) Sharpton would lose all of their fame, and declare Bankruptcy if the RACE PROBLEMS were solved.
    I love to make Liberals Cry, and Whine.
    So, this is for them.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA - IN GOD WE TRUST !

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post