Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
I feel strange for a couple of days when I travel, period, so I think it’s a given with time travel. But I also think I’d get over the angst-y part after a while.

Yeah, having a modern brain and culture and being in a past time period would probably be weird.
That's a 'given', as viable time travel would have to also involve a very great deal of travel through space as well.

It always staggers me to realise that so very few people fail to understand why useful time travel is an impossibility (even Stephen Hawking apparently didn't see it !). If you want to be at any event at all on earth, in the past or the future, you also need to be where the earth WAS, at that time. Our planet travels through space, over many thousands of miles, every single hour ... even every single second. Any time traveller needs to travel whatever distance would be involved over the time to be travelled.

Anyway ... that aside, I'd want to be around to witness some of Britain's 'finest hours' ... maybe when Churchill delivered his 'We will fight them on the beaches' speech. Or, how about being in Trafalgar Square, London, at the time of the VE celebrations ?