Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Pelosi Says She'd Personally Welcome Lowering the Voting Age

If course, as I said, they will make for good little indoctrinated Dem voters! Let's face it, schools are more liberal these days. Most kids at that age are clueless about politics, they haven't face it and life yet. But their vote would count as much as any other.

I don't agree with this, for either side. Give them a chance to live, face life, taxes and basically everything they will vote on. Otherwise it's voting blindly, or who someone else tells you to.

---

Pelosi Says She'd Personally Welcome Lowering the Voting Age

(CNSNews.com) - At a news conference on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was asked if she approves of lowering the voting age to 16.

"I myself – I’m not speaking for my caucus -- I myself have always been for lowering the voting age to 16. I think it's really important to capture kids when they're in high school, when they're interested in all of this, when they're learning about government, to be able to vote.”

Pelosi then plugged H.R. 1, a bill that would give the federal government greater control over state-run elections and ease voter registration requirements.

An amendment to H.R. 1 lowering the voting age to 16 did not pass, although the bill itself did. However, H.R. 1 has no chance of passing the Republican-led Senate.

In a Washington Post op-ed in January, House Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said H.R. 1 "should be called the Democrat Politician Protection Act," because some of its provisions favor incumbent politicians.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...ing-voting-age
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Democrats are scum.

18 years old can't be trusted to buy guns, but 16 year olds should be allowed to vote?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

16 to drive, 18 to vote/enlist, 21 to drink are all a bit arbitrary. A debate is worthwhile and reasonable.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    16 to drive, 18 to vote/enlist, 21 to drink are all a bit arbitrary. A debate is worthwhile and reasonable.
    Yes, a reasonable debate - REASONABLE.

You'd be VERY hard pressed to do a study, IMO, and find kids just out of HS being knowledgeable on politics. Outside of a rare few, most at that age simply haven't had any interest whatsoever yet, and therefore no knowledge, and blindly voting. If they did a study for a few years, and showed otherwise that a majority was coming out understanding over say like 40%, SOME of what they're voting on at least, then I'm all for it. But I'm NOT for putting in folks that don't even know the subject/s of what they're voting on.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The ONLY way I would entertain a discussion about changing the voting age is if it was directly tied to a mechanism that kept unqualified adults from voting. IOW if a 16 year old can meet the minimal requirements an adult should be subjected to to vote, I could discuss allowing that 16 year old to vote.

However, I seriously doubt you have any interest in a discussion about not allowing some of the dumb shit adults in this country vote.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Yes, a reasonable debate - REASONABLE.

You'd be VERY hard pressed to do a study, IMO, and find kids just out of HS being knowledgeable on politics. Outside of a rare few, most at that age simply haven't had any interest whatsoever yet, and therefore no knowledge, and blindly voting. If they did a study for a few years, and showed otherwise that a majority was coming out understanding over say like 40%, SOME of what they're voting on at least, then I'm all for it. But I'm NOT for putting in folks that don't even know the subject/s of what they're voting on.
    So you'd be in favor of increasing the voting age to like 20?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

21, with voter ID showing PROOF of CITIZENSHIP.

A 21 year old has had a little time in the REAL WORLD, at lease those not continuing their INDOCTRINATION in college. A 16 year old is an ignorant little twit, freshly indoctrinated.

The democrats know that their chances of being reelected are steadily going down the toilet, so they are HEAVILY investing in trying to legalize ILLEGAL ALIENS to vote, even though they already DO in some local elections, ILLEGALLY. This is AAAALL about democrats STAYING IN POWER, PERIOD, END OF STORY, and they will do ANYTHING to facilitate that. They don't care ONE BIT about the consequences, or how BAD it would be for America, or the LAW, or LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Democrats are the TRASH of America.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-14-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I probably wouldn't be against!

I look back to when I was that age. I was busy worrying about school or a shitty job until after school. I had no idea what money was yet. I certainly didn't understand foreign affairs. Just a tad about how difficult the economy is. You can go on and on and on about subjects, and the majority of them, and then some more, will be things that kids just don't know about yet, haven't engaged yet. Abortion is another just popped into my head.

At first glance, this isn't even a political issue to me - but it's obviously so important and then therefore a political issue.

And please, don't compare to military and any other age limited things, as it's unfair and ain't much related to or equivalent to our voting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    21, with voter ID showing PROOF of CITIZENSHIP.
    I'll add and agree to that too - Voter ID should be a must by now, and it obviously needs to be a picture ID.

Hell to the no about giving ANY voting rights to illegal immigrants. How about criminal charges instead perhaps?

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Btw, as to comparisons since I know it's inevitable... someone can start a thread, and we can analyze each individual subject that has an age requirement attached, and debate as to whether or not that needs re-addressing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I'll add and agree to that too - Voter ID should be a must by now, and it obviously needs to be a picture ID.

Hell to the no about giving ANY voting rights to illegal immigrants. How about criminal charges instead perhaps?
    If you're too young to go buy yourself a jug of whiskey, just as one example, then what business do you have voting in elections deciding the outcome for people that are old enough?

18 year olds will parrot whatever they've been TAUGHT. They haven't had squat for time to be exposed to real life experiences that would teach them a little wisdom.

And another shitty little illegal effort underway by the DEMOCRATS is for states to give all their electoral votes to the popular vote winner in the presidential election, OBVIOUSLY in CONTEMPT of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE LAW, but do they care? When did a LAW stop a DEMOCRAT?

I'm tellin' ya, this is ALL an attempt for DEMOCRATS to WIN ELECTIONS, because they're SCARED they're NOT GOING TO. Flower girl Pelosi just lectured Americans on how UNAMERICAN is was NOT TO ALLOW ILLEGAL ALIENS TO VOTE. OH REALLY? She should be ARRESTED for SEDITION.

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-14-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Capture them in HS, when they are interested in this? That's BS. Outside of a few clubs like that in school and what not, there is very little to no interest in HS.

---

Nancy Pelosi Backs 16-year-olds Voting: ‘Capture Kids When They’re in High School’

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said Thursday that the voting age should be lowered to 16 years old, telling reporters on Capitol Hill, “I think it’s really important to capture kids when they are in high school when they are interested in all of this, when they are learning about government, to be able to vote.”

Pelosi was defending H.R. 1, the “For the People Act,” which Democrats say will boost voting rights and reform government — and which Republicans say would enable voter fraud and tilt the scales for Democrats.

As USA Today noted, the House actually defeated an amendment to the bill by Rep. Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) that would have lowered the age for voting to 16 in federal elections. The vote was 305-126 against the idea.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...n-high-school/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Tucker: The Left Sees Illegal Aliens Voting as a Way to Obtain Power

Tucker Carlson said the left's rhetoric on illegal immigration has become "increasingly brazen," and their intentions are less disguised than they've ever been.

"In the Trump presidency, the mask is off. The left tells us that no illegal immigrants should ever be deported, even ones who have committed crimes. Not only that, they should be allowed to vote," Carlson said on his program Thursday night.

He noted that immigration advocate Cesar Vargas made the argument that undocumented immigrants should vote earlier this week, and Jennifer Palmieri, communications director for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, appeared to change her position that non-citizens should never be allowed to vote in U.S. elections.

https://insider.foxnews.com/2018/03/...y-obtain-power
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-14-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The fact that they admit this, from their leadership no less.

And of course it's about votes. They may have an argument, that if IMO is backed by studies, for lowering the age 2 years. But illegals? Fuck that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

AMERICA'S ONLY saving grace, is that President Trump will NEVER SIGN any of these OUTLANDISH, ANTI AMERICAN TRASH BILLS the democrats are pumping out.

THANK GOD for PRESIDENT TRUMP!