Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    438
    Thanks (Given)
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    170
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    142
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1837615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Somehow you give context but without any stats. hmmm
    I concede that your stats are real. So why would I produce my own?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    5,541
    Thanks (Given)
    234
    Thanks (Received)
    326
    Likes (Given)
    363
    Likes (Received)
    105
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I concede that your stats are real. So why would I produce my own?
    You make assumptions about the number of arrests these black persons have.
    Last edited by pete311; 03-15-2019 at 02:26 PM.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    438
    Thanks (Given)
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    170
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    142
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1837615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    You make assumptions about the number of arrests these black persons have.
    I make no assumptions. Damn man, look at the stats, ,blacks are FAR more likely to have a criminal record than whites, and that's what cops do, they target known criminals.

    This is EASILY proven by the fact that genteel black neighborhoods are not policed as heavy as high crime black neighborhoods, and in fact are policed the same way as genteel white neighborhoods.

  4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
  5. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    55,638
    Thanks (Given)
    6890
    Thanks (Received)
    24827
    Likes (Given)
    2185
    Likes (Received)
    2419
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475541

    Default

    Perhaps some folks are arrested at a much much higher rate than others - perhaps because they are committing these crimes? And you commit the crime, you do the time. And if someone is stating that the difference between these dates is because others DO commit as many crimes if not more, produce those numbers as well with proof that race is a factor and why others have been arrested less.
    I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat…You ask, what is our policy? I say it is to wage war by land, sea, and air. War with all our might and with all the strength God has given us, and to wage war against a monstrous tyranny never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word. It is victory. Victory at all costs - Victory in spite of all terrors - Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for without victory there is no survival.
    Winston Churchill

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    438
    Thanks (Given)
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    170
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    142
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1837615

    Default

    Pete, I worked directly in this field for ten years, my wife is an ADA. Believe me when I tell you, on average known criminals are not given the same consideration as first time offenders, regardless of race.

    Are there racist douche cops and prosecutors out there? You bet.

    But in 2017 there were 8.1M arrests in this country. Of those 8.1M , 5.6M were white and 2.2M were black.

    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

    Now let's look at those numbers a few ways.

    First let's look at what percentage of people arrested are black. Fully 27% of people arrested in 2017 were black. Blacks only make up 12% of the US population , yet make u 27% of all arrests? Whites , on the other hand make up 70% which is closer to what one expects since whites make up 67% of the overall population. Meaning , if blacks were arrested at a 1:1 ratio with whites one should expect to see around 15% of all arrests in the US to be of black people.

    Second , let's look at it in terms of how likely a black person was to be arrested in 2017. So let's do the math 42.5M (roughly) blacks in the US , 2.2M black arrests . That means that 5% of blacks were arrested in 2017. 5% Pete, now that puts to bed the stupid argument that blacks are targeted by police because if that were true far more than 5% of blacks would have been arrested in any given year (and in fact that number is lower still because the 2.2M simply tallies ALL arrests, it doesn't take into account the same dumb nigger having been arrested 3 times in one year, which means that 1:20 blacks was arrested in 2017 but in truth the number isn't anywhere near that high.

    Now, let's look at white people. Again , whites are near where you would expect to see . Meaning the percentage of people arrested should be near the percentage of the general population. For example, if blue eyed folks made up 30% of the US population, they should also make up 30% of those arrested, or pretty damn close. So of roughly 234.5M white people 5.6M were arrested in 2017 (and again that isn't entirely true because many of those arrests were multiple arrests of the same person , but the point stands ) So, doing the math we see that 2% of white Americans were arrested in 2017. Some small comparison shows that a black person was twice as likely to have been arrested as a white person in 2017. A little over two times in fact since 2 is obviously 2 is less than half of 5.

    Pete Just by simply dong the actual math you have to concede a few points.

    Number 1. In reality its a small percentage of black people committing the crimes higher than the percentage of white people but still very small.

    Number 2. You would have to ascribe 50% of all the arrests of black people to RACISM to even out the arrests to the point where white people and black people were arrrested at the same rate. It is quite clear that 2.7M blacks weren't arrested in 2017 because of racism. I mean come on lol.

    So, in conclusion we see that two things are true. 1. Those who believe a bunch of blacks are committing a lot of crimes are wrong. Whether they are racists or not is debatable, but they are for sure wrong. and 2. Those who believe blacks are targeted by police because racism and not because of crime are equally wrong, and possibly just stupid.

  7. Thanks LongTermGuy, Gunny, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  8. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In my knickers
    Posts
    27,424
    Thanks (Given)
    11762
    Thanks (Received)
    12702
    Likes (Given)
    1192
    Likes (Received)
    2231
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Again it's not about the total. Do you guys know what "more times likely" means?
    Pete, not only do we understand it, we both gave you the reason why it happens. You need to understand that​.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

    “Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

  9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes STTAB liked this post
  10. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    USA East Coast
    Posts
    26
    Thanks (Given)
    17
    Thanks (Received)
    12
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    105223

    Default Thanks again petey ocasio cortez...

    Quote Originally Posted by pete311 View Post
    Gin up stats? Like those directly from US gov agencies? huh?

    The federal government released a new batch of data Monday about drug prosecutions in 2016, and the statistics show that African-Americans and Hispanics are still prosecuted far more frequently than white people for nearly every type of drug crime.
    https://news.vice.com/en_ca/article/...tatistics-show

    The black share of people arrested for drug offenses has ranged from 23 percent (in 1980) to 41 percent (in 1991). Blacks remain far more likely than whites to be arrested for selling drugs (3.6 times more likely) or possessing drugs (2.5 times more likely).
    https://www.brookings.edu/blog/socia...cial-mobility/
    Of course those numbers seem racist. Probably because you managed to expose the TRUTH. Calling the War, or Fight against Drugs racist is easy...especially when you Intentionally Leave Out The Real Context. Such as....More African Americans, and Hispanics are PROBABLY prosecuted more frequently BECAUSE...they happen to be the PURPS more frequently. FACTS are Your Worst Enemy petey.

    I WANT MY AMERICA BACK!

    ICANSAYIT!




  11. Thanks LongTermGuy, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  12. #38
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Podunk, WI
    Posts
    7,187
    Thanks (Given)
    3204
    Thanks (Received)
    3318
    Likes (Given)
    3239
    Likes (Received)
    1854
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18680546

    Default

    Pete's indoctrination runs deep, VERY deep. I don't believe anyone here or anywhere else for that matter, can break through what's been pounded into his head. He believes what he believes and thinks the way he thinks and that's that. No amount of logic, common sense, facts and/or statistics will change his mind. When irrefutable evidence is presented to people such as Pete, they simply brush it aside and pretend it doesn't exist. They REFUSE to even acknowledge it.

    Pete is also a typical leftist. His indoctrination probably started at birth. He will die thinking exactly as he does now. That's what conservatives are up against.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-16-2019 at 10:09 AM.
    THE DEMOCRAT PROPAGANDA WING:

    ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC, AP, ESPN, BET, TBS, WASHPO, HUFF'N PUFF, MEDIA MATTERS, USA Today, BLOOMBURG, The ATLANTIC, The GUARDIAN, AXIOS, Salon, MOVEON, DU, SNOPES, POLITICO, NY SLIMES, COMPLEX, RUETTERS, YAHOO NEWS, FACEBOOK NEWS, twitter, GQ, NEWSWEEK, Gallup, EBONY, GOOGLE SEARCH, BING, VOX, and the list goes on...

    #Democrats are the party of trash
    #Democrats are destroying America

  13. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
  14. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    At your Six
    Posts
    9,366
    Thanks (Given)
    20719
    Thanks (Received)
    8751
    Likes (Given)
    2589
    Likes (Received)
    640
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10563927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Pete's indoctrination runs deep, VERY deep. I don't believe anyone here or anywhere else for that matter, can break through what's been pounded into his head. He believes what he believes and thinks the way he thinks and that's that. No amount of logic, common sense, facts and/or statistics will change his mind. When irrefutable evidence is presented to people such as Pete, they simply brush it aside and pretend it doesn't exist. They REFUSE to even acknowledge it.

    Pete is also a typical leftist. His indoctrination probably started at birth. He will die thinking exactly as he does now. That's what conservatives are up against.








  15. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
  16. #40
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA, Southern
    Posts
    23,745
    Thanks (Given)
    26588
    Thanks (Received)
    15313
    Likes (Given)
    1496
    Likes (Received)
    1138
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21475157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Pete, I worked directly in this field for ten years, my wife is an ADA. Believe me when I tell you, on average known criminals are not given the same consideration as first time offenders, regardless of race.

    Are there racist douche cops and prosecutors out there? You bet.

    But in 2017 there were 8.1M arrests in this country. Of those 8.1M , 5.6M were white and 2.2M were black.

    https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

    Now let's look at those numbers a few ways.

    First let's look at what percentage of people arrested are black. Fully 27% of people arrested in 2017 were black. Blacks only make up 12% of the US population , yet make u 27% of all arrests? Whites , on the other hand make up 70% which is closer to what one expects since whites make up 67% of the overall population. Meaning , if blacks were arrested at a 1:1 ratio with whites one should expect to see around 15% of all arrests in the US to be of black people.

    Second , let's look at it in terms of how likely a black person was to be arrested in 2017. So let's do the math 42.5M (roughly) blacks in the US , 2.2M black arrests . That means that 5% of blacks were arrested in 2017. 5% Pete, now that puts to bed the stupid argument that blacks are targeted by police because if that were true far more than 5% of blacks would have been arrested in any given year (and in fact that number is lower still because the 2.2M simply tallies ALL arrests, it doesn't take into account the same dumb nigger having been arrested 3 times in one year, which means that 1:20 blacks was arrested in 2017 but in truth the number isn't anywhere near that high.

    Now, let's look at white people. Again , whites are near where you would expect to see . Meaning the percentage of people arrested should be near the percentage of the general population. For example, if blue eyed folks made up 30% of the US population, they should also make up 30% of those arrested, or pretty damn close. So of roughly 234.5M white people 5.6M were arrested in 2017 (and again that isn't entirely true because many of those arrests were multiple arrests of the same person , but the point stands ) So, doing the math we see that 2% of white Americans were arrested in 2017. Some small comparison shows that a black person was twice as likely to have been arrested as a white person in 2017. A little over two times in fact since 2 is obviously 2 is less than half of 5.

    Pete Just by simply dong the actual math you have to concede a few points.

    Number 1. In reality its a small percentage of black people committing the crimes higher than the percentage of white people but still very small.

    Number 2. You would have to ascribe 50% of all the arrests of black people to RACISM to even out the arrests to the point where white people and black people were arrrested at the same rate. It is quite clear that 2.7M blacks weren't arrested in 2017 because of racism. I mean come on lol.

    So, in conclusion we see that two things are true. 1. Those who believe a bunch of blacks are committing a lot of crimes are wrong. Whether they are racists or not is debatable, but they are for sure wrong. and 2. Those who believe blacks are targeted by police because racism and not because of crime are equally wrong, and possibly just stupid.
    Valid, logical and true. Thus your words are immediately tossed into the garbage bin by a liberal/dem (such as Pete).
    Since they hate TRUTH almost much as they hate we Conservative, Christian, White Males.....
    A truly sad reality...-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 03-16-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

  17. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
  18. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    438
    Thanks (Given)
    44
    Thanks (Received)
    170
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    142
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1837615

    Default

    Where is Pete?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •