Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Doubt it, but it may have been imagined during his DUI.....

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...8-13195088.php

He seems to be a little, mentally challenged, which is PARR for the course for today's, Liberal Millennials, and Democrats who idolize people LIKE THEMSELVES.
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

3. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

They just had it on FOX News....and Beto (in a video) apologizing....

"I said things when I was young that I didn't mean"

....So...it seems true...

Thanks for the Post I wasn't aware of that...

5. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

He wrote a fictional story when he was 15, that should disqualify him from the presidency.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    He wrote a fictional story when he was 15, that should disqualify him from the presidency.
    I've yet to see you pop in to the other endless stories where the left has attacked folks on the right for dumb things said, from 20-40 years ago, and losing their minds and demanding heads.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Thanks LongTermGuy, Abbey Marie, Drummond thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Are you really this stupid?
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I've yet to see you pop in to the other endless stories where the left has attacked folks on the right for dumb things said, from 20-40 years ago, and losing their minds and demanding heads.
    In most (all?) cases there needs to be a path to redemption, which I don’t think is present in our current system - an over correction.

If if there are endless stories on this website saying that heads are being called for when they shouldn’t because of historical statements, then all the more reason for the story in the OP to be dismissed, though the cases themselves can only be judged on an individual basis.
    Last edited by Noir; 03-19-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

In most (all?) cases there needs to be a path to redemption, which I don’t think is present in our current system - an over correction.

If if there are endless stories on this website saying that heads are being called for when they shouldn’t because of historical statements, then all the more reason for the story in the OP to be dismissed, though the cases themselves can only be judged on an individual basis.
    I must have missed your posts defending the men accused of long-ago actions in the #metoo movement. IIRC, they were mostly (all?) immediately fired from whatever jobs they had, written out of shows, vilified, etc. I don’t think they were given a chance to take even one step onto the path of redemption.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

12. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I must have missed your posts defending the men accused of long-ago actions in the #metoo movement. IIRC, they were mostly (all?) immediately fired from whatever jobs they had, written out of shows, vilified, etc. I don’t think they were given a chance to take even one step onto the path of redemption.
    I’m not sure (and certainly don’t remember) discussing #metoo on this board, I do think I posted a few times about the path to redemption for former Nazi/Neo-Nazis, which I don’t remember being meet with much discussion.

The answers (and even questions) too all of these kinds of topics (historical and current) vary greatly in their shades of grey.

As as for the quote you posted in the OP, do you think it is presently relevant to his character?
    Last edited by Noir; 03-19-2019 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The answers (and even questions) too all of these kinds of topics (historical and current) vary greatly in their shades of grey.
    And political crap, a lot boils down to individual stuff and not as a total. Important as to why myself and Abs and others will bring up stuff like that "where were you when..." - because it's important to judge individually at times - and asking will often show the hypocrisy of the person making statements, but did NOT do so on other stuff.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

15. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Redemption is one thing being elected to high office another. No one who fantasized about killing kids belongs in elected office.

17. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I’m not sure (and certainly don’t remember) discussing #metoo on this board, I do think I posted a few times about the path to redemption for former Nazi/Neo-Nazis, which I don’t remember being meet with much discussion.

As as for the quote you posted in the OP, do you think it is presently relevant to his character?
    #metoo is just an example to make a point that is obvious to most of us: persons of a, let’s say, non-conservative persuasion, will come to the defense of the Betos of the world. But never Trump or any other conservative. Just a fact, Jack.

As for Mr. O’Rourke, is this comment more, or is it less, indicative of his true nature than Trump’s “grab em” (privately made) comment?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    #metoo is just an example to make a point that is obvious to most of us: persons of a, let’s say, non-conservative persuasion, will come to the defense of the Betos of the world. But never Trump or any other conservative. Just a fact, Jack.

As for Mr. O’Rourke, is this comment more, or is it less, indicative of his true nature than Trump’s “grab em” (privately made) comment?
    I don’t think these examples are remotely similar, the fictional writing of a 15 year old, and the self-represented persona of a 50(?) year old could both be very good or very bad indicators of the “true nature” of each person, but they do not relate to each other.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I don’t think these examples are remotely similar, the fictional writing of a 15 year old, and the self-represented persona of a 50(?) year old could both be very good or very bad indicators of the “true nature” of each person, but they do not relate to each other.
    I don't care about a person's "true nature", there are 350M + people in this country, we can afford to be a little picky about who we elected to office, including not electing a person who at ANY point their life fantasized about killing another human being.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I don't care about a person's "true nature", there are 350M + people in this country, we can afford to be a little picky about who we elected to office, including not electing a person who at ANY point their life fantasized about killing another human being.
    I don’t know if its appropriate to say he “fantasised about killing another human” by writing a fictional account. By what information are you making the decision that this was a fantasy?