Kids are eating Tide pods. Fact is, at that age, they know very little about their own rights, and the rights of all Americans. I read an article this morning about how half of Americans don't know all of their 1st amendment freedoms. And then the article after that, about how the 1st amendment shouldn't protect certain speeches. Yes, the 2nd is college students, and even they are clueless.

But right or wrong, I do envision a future where they get their way, and insulting people only will somehow be a crime or violation of sort. Calling someone an offensive name, for example - and even just written on social media. It'll happen, mark my words - even though it should NEVER happen.

---

Stunning Survey Shows Half Of Americans Don’t Know All First Amendment Freedoms

New research shows that while many Americans fear the First Amendment is under threat, three quarters don’t even know how many amendments make up the Bill of Rights.

NEW YORK — Nearly 6 in 10 Americans believe the First Amendment is under threat, according to a new survey, yet a large portion of respondents couldn’t correctly name what the amendment protects.

Of the 2,000 adults who took part in the poll, half thought that “liberty” is one of the five freedoms protected by the First Amendment, while nearly half (49 percent) believed “the pursuit of happiness” was included. Thankfully, only 3 percent named “life” as one of the protected freedoms.

What’s more, barely more than a quarter (26 percent) of participants knew how many amendments even comprise the Bill of Rights. In fact, 1 in 5 people wasn’t even familiar with the Bill of Rights when asked.

Rest - https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-ha...t-protections/

College Students Say 1st Amendment Shouldn’t Protect ‘Hateful, Offensive or Rude Speech’

Campus Reform spoke with students at Marymount University in Virginia to ask them their thoughts on what type of speech should be allowed ahead of President Trump signing an executive order to protect true free speech on campuses across the nation.

The college students said that hateful, offensive or rude speech should not be protected by the 1st Amendment.

And who decides what is hateful or offensive speech?

“I think if it’s, like, hateful and disrespectful to specific groups, then that’s not OK,” one student said.

Another student suggested that “I think that you can be rude but not saying anything discriminatory and…you know…” while another stated, “I understand you have free rights to say what you want about people but when it’s, like, negatively impacting our school as a whole and other students around you, that’s crossing the line.”

President Trump previously announced at CPAC that he would be signing an executive order which would require colleges and universities to support free speech if they want federal research dollars.

College campuses today are liberal indoctrination camps that block and or make it difficult for prominent conservatives from speaking on campus.

Often times conservative students are abused by fellow liberal students and biased teachers.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...r-rude-speech/