Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Game of Thrones

Boot camp style

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Yeah, I was a little peeved at first, seemed very anticlimactic after so many years of building this guy up to be nearly un-beatable, and then 100lbs and a trick maneuver, and he's toast - and along with his dozen or so generals & his endless thousands of dead warriors. And in a 5 second flash, it's all over.

But I thought about it and read some more. Think about it, everyone expected a supernatural crazy ending to him, if any ending. Others thought it had to at least be Jon Snow aka Aegon Targaryen. But what about the silent assassin, who we watch from a little girl learning how to use a sword, to watching the death of her father, then goes on a quest to learn and speaks nightly of every person she is going to kill. She makes her way to Braavos to train with the faceless men, who pray to the "many faced Gods". She learns how to fight properly and as an assassin since then. There are tons of scenes that display her ability to sneak past people quietly and of course use faces to murder her opponents. If anything, they didn't show enough to the viewers about her learning process and apparently what she has become. But right before she appears at the night king, you see the hair of one of his generals move, that was her somehow swooping in.

Then they make a hint, by her quick talk with Melisandre, where she mentions their previous discussion - and how she saw people looking back at her from Arya's eyes, people with brown eyes, blues eyes and green eyes, eyes she will shut forever. A reference with the blue eyes that she would kill the night king? And the green eyes potentially being Cersei? That was a few years back too.

Then we also had Beric Dondarrion, who magically was brought back to life like 6 or 7 times, and no one never knew why, just said that he must have had a purpose for him. Well, at the end he ended up saving Arya's life in the halls of the castle and gave his own life in the process.

We also should have gotten a hint - Joffrey sent his men with the catspaw, valerian blade, to go and kill Bran in season one. Obviously they failed. The knife somehow ended up in Littlefinger's possession. He then gives it back to Bran eventually. When Bran finally meets back up with Arya last season, he gives her the blade, as if he knew she would need it.

But we all expected Jon Snow to beat him, or Dany, or the 2 of them somehow with the dragons and the NK on Viserion. I don't think anyone gave a thought that Arya would be the one. And when you have something like that, such a drastic change in theory, or the idea that the littlest of all beat the unbeatable - many are having a hard time with this.

Also, the episode was SO SO DARK! Luckily, I watched on my computer, and instantly raised the brightness to high level and was much better from there on out.

----

On the episode though, overall I thought was awesome!! And I believe like 7 or 8 regulars died? Jorah croaking right after saving his queen for one last time. Lyanna Mormont, one of my favorites throughout - she takes on a damn zombie giant!! And stabs the fucker in the eye no less! Badass was badass even as she left the show. Theon also went out like a champ, playing suicide games with the night king! As stated, Beric gives his life saving Arya. Eddison Tollett, the guy from the wall, died saving Samwell Tarly. Melisandre also took the suicide route at the end. But looked like Sir Daavos was about to take his sword out and help her just before she did the dirty work herself. Also mentioned, Theon uses a spear and runs directly at the NK from 20 yards out. When the NK falls, of course it took down all of his generals, then all of the dead warriors - and that apparently included Viserion.

Looks like the Dothraki warriors were basically battled out of existence. But a few survivors did come trailing back after they attacked the dead. With Jorah Mormont and Lyanna Mormont both dead now, are there any Mormonts left?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

3. Thanks Bilgerat thanked this post
    Likes NT'sGirl liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

That's a pretty good condensation of the show Jim, but we did get a "warning" of Arya's ability in this clip. Watch near the end for the knife play.

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

5. Likes jimnyc liked this post