Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default I just did a thing

Didn't really see a forum where this fits, but felt the need to brag a little lol. I just ordered and put a deposit down on an orange 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body.

Should be here in 8-10 weeks. I've wanted one for quite some time and said "when they make them in orange I'm buying one" Well the day for me to make good on that came, and so I ordered one.

2. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That car is a BEAST! A quick look shows the horsepower to be from 717 - 797

That's gonna be one fast ass car ya got there! Also not cheap!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That car is a BEAST! A quick look shows the horsepower to be from 717 - 797

That's gonna be one fast ass car ya got there! Also not cheap!
    I intend to be one of the very few Hellcat owners who doesn't destroy their Hellcat. Average lifespan of a new Hellcat is one fucking month LOL. I'm not a boy racer so this car won't live that life.

6. Thanks Gunny, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I intend to be one of the very few Hellcat owners who doesn't destroy their Hellcat. Average lifespan of a new Hellcat is one fucking month LOL. I'm not a boy racer so this car won't live that life.
    Same here. I'd baby her and garage for sure! Of course the car would be going out, but wouldn't be beat on or raced. And yeah, every now and again I would have to feel that power underneath me.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

8. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Didn't really see a forum where this fits, but felt the need to brag a little lol. I just ordered and put a deposit down on an orange 2019 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body.

Should be here in 8-10 weeks. I've wanted one for quite some time and said "when they make them in orange I'm buying one" Well the day for me to make good on that came, and so I ordered one.

https://www.hellcat.org/threads/perf...hellcat.91417/

^^^^^
    *Site...Guys with HellCats talking Forum

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

This is the perfect version of the "HellCat" **(For some who might not know what this is)

`2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye wide body`

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I really may never understand just how much money people make to afford cars today. I think I do pretty well - 6 digits - and the thought of spending $75000 or even $40000 on a car today makes me get really really itchy. I think it'd be an albatross - and i LOVE cars. I am a car-guy. I've done my share of track events and autocross; crashed on 4 wheels and 2...but holy shitballs.

Take that hellcat to a track day - get a solid instructor to go with you for awhile. Learn the car. Have fun.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

12. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    I really may never understand just how much money people make to afford cars today. I think I do pretty well - 6 digits - and the thought of spending $75000 or even $40000 on a car today makes me get really really itchy. I think it'd be an albatross - and i LOVE cars. I am a car-guy. I've done my share of track events and autocross; crashed on 4 wheels and 2...but holy shitballs.

Take that hellcat to a track day - get a solid instructor to go with you for awhile. Learn the car. Have fun.
    I am very blessed. Between my retirement, my inheritance and my wife's income I'm pretty comfortable. Now mind you, the $85K I'll be in on this car all told is high I don't just go out and spend this sort of cheese on myself every day. My daily driver is a Ford Focus LOL I mean its a 2016 ST model, so it's nice, but it is a Focus.

And yes, we're going to take delivery at a semi local track and have a day with it, because this car is capable of doing things that I won't do on the street lol

14. Likes darin, LongTermGuy, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I am very blessed. Between my retirement, my inheritance and my wife's income I'm pretty comfortable. Now mind you, the $85K I'll be in on this car all told is high I don't just go out and spend this sort of cheese on myself every day. My daily driver is a Ford Focus LOL I mean its a 2016 ST model, so it's nice, but it is a Focus.

And yes, we're going to take delivery at a semi local track and have a day with it, because this car is capable of doing things that I won't do on the street lol
    Yes it is a very special car worth keeping....get to know it well. Just driving it normal (most of the time) would be so much fun also...The sound...the look ...its just cool! Enjoy!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yeah I bought a mid life crisis car too, my 2017 2SS Camaro, 6-speed manual. Nothing near the horse power of the Hell Cat but still enough to do some serious hotroding. Had it for a year, had fun driving it, never even did a smoker burn out with it though, I babied it, but I came to the conclusion that at this point in life, I just wanted ONE good vehicle, so I sold my 1997 GMC collector truck and traded in the Camaro and a Suburban I had on a brand new 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country, and I couldn't be happier. I also lost my ass on the hotrod buying and wheeling and dealing but, I'm really glad I wound up with this new truck. It's got the same 6.2ltr engine the Camaro had in it, except it's only 420hp instead of 455, but it's also got the same magnetic ride sensing, low profile tires and other cool stuff, the High Country is the top of the line, beautiful interior, I do love it. I call it my truck version of the Camaro.

But yeah, we'll need pics of the Hell Cat for sure. 455hp with the traction control ON in the Camaro was a handful. I can only imagine what 800hp would be like... I mean... holy SHIT. One slip of the right foot and it's IN THE DITCH...
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My old Miata had 100hp at the wheels. I could burn out EVERYWHERE when I first bought it...Cheap and bald tires makes a car feel like it has lots of power
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Sweet little hotrod, and I do miss it, especially now that Spring is here and now would be the time to get it out of winter storage... but... I'm just not rich enough to own TWO brand new, high end vehicles, I had to pick one so I picked the practical one...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I'm thinking of having the same red stripes painted on this...

20. Likes STTAB liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Yeah I bought a mid life crisis car too, my 2017 2SS Camaro, 6-speed manual. Nothing near the horse power of the Hell Cat but still enough to do some serious hotroding. Had it for a year, had fun driving it, never even did a smoker burn out with it though, I babied it, but I came to the conclusion that at this point in life, I just wanted ONE good vehicle, so I sold my 1997 GMC collector truck and traded in the Camaro and a Suburban I had on a brand new 2018 Chevy Silverado High Country, and I couldn't be happier. I also lost my ass on the hotrod buying and wheeling and dealing but, I'm really glad I wound up with this new truck. It's got the same 6.2ltr engine the Camaro had in it, except it's only 420hp instead of 455, but it also got the same magnetic ride sensing, low profile tires and other cool stuff, the High Country is the top of the line, beautiful interior, I do love it. I call it my truck version of the Camaro.

But yeah, we'll need pics of the Hell Cat for sure. 455hp with the traction control ON in the Camaro was a handful. I can only imagine what 800hp would be like... I mean... holy SHIT. One slip of the right foot and it's IN THE DITCH...
    I have tons of cars. I've posted pictures here in the past. I'll post some more some time. I have my very first car I ever bought. I was 15. It's a 1969 For Fairlane with the 428 SCJ. It's the 2 dr coupe, not the fastback you usually see. I paid $300 for it. I've restored it , with modifications.

I also have a 1966 Shelby GT350 I bought when I was 17 years old. I'm 47 now, I've put less than 10K miles on that car. Wimbledon white with the Blue Lemans stripes, blue interior.

I also have a 1934 chevy with an LS1 out of a corvette in it, as well as a 31 Vickey with a corvette engine in it.

And a 1971 C10 short wide with the 307 that my grandfather bought brand new and drove until the day he could no longer drive. It's in the process of a frame off right now.

Plus about 30 other assorted vehicles that are just parked out by my barns. Maybe one day I'll get to fixing some of them up too.

Yes, I love my cars.

and trucks.

22. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I have tons of cars. I've posted pictures here in the past. I'll post some more some time. I have my very first car I ever bought. I was 15. It's a 1969 For Fairlane with the 428 SCJ. It's the 2 dr coupe, not the fastback you usually see. I paid $300 for it. I've restored it , with modifications.

I also have a 1966 Shelby GT350 I bought when I was 17 years old. I'm 47 now, I've put less than 10K miles on that car. Wimbledon white with the Blue Lemans stripes, blue interior.

I also have a 1947 chevy with an LS1 out of a corvette in it, as well as a 34 Vickey with a corvette engine in it.

And a 1971 C10 short wide with the 307 that my grandfather bought brand new and drove until the day he could no longer drive. It's in the process of a frame off right now.

Plus about 30 other assorted vehicles that are just parked out by my barns. Maybe one day I'll get to fixing some of them up too.

Yes, I love my cars.

and trucks.
    Holy CRAP, bro... SWEET!!!

I still have my 2006 Harley Davidson, 35th Anniversary Dyna Super Glide, #0793 of only 3,500 made. I've owned a lot of vehicles in my day and made the mistake of selling probably my favorite of the hotrods, a 1970 AMC, AMX. It had the GO-PACK which was the underrated 375hp, 390, the Borg Warner close ratio 4-speed with a Dana posi rear end. One of only two cars I ever owned with a 4-speed, but that was numbered also. It was like #750 something of only 1900 some made with that particular configuration... and being young and dumb I sold it. Well, I'm not going to make that mistake twice. I'll keep my Harley forever. Being there was only 3,500 of them made, someday it will be worth a small fortune as they become harder and harder to find. Adding to it's value is the fact that Harley doesn't even make the Dyna anymore. I don't ride it much anymore since it only has a tick over 7,000 miles on it. The lower the miles, the more it's worth...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 12:01 PM.