Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Here's another one I'm absolutely KICKING myself for selling, my 1980, 3/4 ton, 4x4 Silverado, LOADED and in great shape. Never, EVER been able to find another "3/4 ton, Silverado, 4x4" like this one, loaded, factory tach, carpeting, 400TH trans, tilt, a/c, pulse windshield wipers, P/W, P/door locks, the works. I wish I could have that truck back now. It was just begging for a 6" lift and a big block transplant, or an LS engine...

I wish I could let vehicles get away lol I have too many and I know it. I have a '63 Impala with a 409 and 4 speed sitting out under a tree down by one my barns, I have standing offers, I just can't do it.

I have a 72 K10 Blazer 4x4 stuffed inside a barn . I have a 70 Road Runner 440 with a six pack I bought way back in high school for $200 the tranny was shot I was gonna get around to putting one it in it one day LOL . I even own a school bus. We were gonna turn into a mobile party unit.

My wife is wonderful as long as I don't give her crap about her shoes she never says squat about my cars other than they aren't allowed in the yard unless she can start them and move them when she wants. The good stuff is all in a heated and air conditioned garage.

I have random people just stop by " I heard you had............." all the time, NONE OF THEM ARE FOR SALE, THEY ARE ALL MINE lol yes even the 2003 sebring convertible with the blown motor. I'll get around to it.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I AGREE about all the features on new cars. I love all the new electronics and gadgets. The Camaro and the new truck have internet. I have to pay for it but it's satellite, and built in navigation, lane departure alert, collision alert and automatic braking, adaptive cruise control, and the list just goes on and on... I love all that stuff, and the new truck doesn't have a "light bulb" on it. It's all LED, even has LED bed lights that are automatic. Open the tailgate and they turn on, and you can set them to either come on or not. The menu for settings goes on and on. Even has active noise suppression. It listens to road noise and omits opposing frequencies, so it's uncanny how silent it is going down the road. You don't hear anything outside, no wind, no tire noise, no anything, and the big Bose sound system with sub woofer sounds awesome. Course those things are common on new vehicles.
    Yeah and wait until something breaks LOL . My dad has an auto repair business. A big part of his work is front end alignments. Well the new cars with lane departure warnings and all that, that's all ran by lasers, and those have to be aligned to. You need special equipment to do so, last year he upgraded his scanner $2500 for that, and this year he bought the ADAS alignment equipment, that was $10K. So his price on alignments went from $70 to $250 for a newer car with all the gadgets.

4. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I wish I could let vehicles get away lol I have too many and I know it. I have a '63 Impala with a 409 and 4 speed sitting out under a tree down by one my barns, I have standing offers, I just can't do it.

I have a 72 K10 Blazer 4x4 stuffed inside a barn . I have a 70 Road Runner 440 with a six pack I bought way back in high school for $200 the tranny was shot I was gonna get around to putting one it in it one day LOL . I even own a school bus. We were gonna turn into a mobile party unit.

My wife is wonderful as long as I don't give her crap about her shoes she never says squat about my cars other than they aren't allowed in the yard unless she can start them and move them when she wants. The good stuff is all in a heated and air conditioned garage.

I have random people just stop by " I heard you had............." all the time, NONE OF THEM ARE FOR SALE, THEY ARE ALL MINE lol yes even the 2003 sebring convertible with the blown motor. I'll get around to it.
    You are a collector, and they are all your babies.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    You are a collector, and they are all your babies.
    My wife used to say "why don't you sell that old Ford?" and I'd have a story for why I couldn't. Then she'd say "okay how the Chevy down in the calf barn?" Nope , had a story why on that one too. Then she would be "okay well you have stories on what you have now, but what about the ones you keep buying" because honestly those are supposed to be my retirement hobby buy them, fix them up and sell them, and I do some. My problem is I only tend to buy what I would like to own then when it is time to sell them I don't want to LOL. I bought an 05 Vette last year that needed an engine and some body work, had it sold before it was even finished but by the time it was complete I was all "hmmm do I REALLY want to sell this" but the customer was a friend and he insisted LOL

7. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I’m reading this from my 2010 Hyundai. Which should tell you what I’m interested in spending on a car, haha.
    But if you guys would be willing to pony up for a cause, I’ll take a sweet Giulia, thanks!

In case someone forgot how the Giulia looks...

9. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

For any of you that haven't owned an Italian car before, I don't recommend you change that any time soon. Unless you have lots of money and a dependable daily driver.

But I will own a Ferrari one day LOL

11. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Holy CRAP, brother... good thing we're not neighbors or you'd have me over there all the time DROOLING all over your CARS...

I've always been a gearhead, born that way I guess, doubt it will ever end. I'm looking for another project. I'd like a '70 or '71 Camaro. I think that was the best looking muscle car of it's era. I have enough land that I could park a couple hundred cars, but, when I like one I hate to see it sit outside, and I only have a 3 bay shop, and one of those is for my John Deere.

Yeah and wait until something breaks LOL . My dad has an auto repair business. A big part of his work is front end alignments. Well the new cars with lane departure warnings and all that, that's all ran by lasers, and those have to be aligned to. You need special equipment to do so, last year he upgraded his scanner $2500 for that, and this year he bought the ADAS alignment equipment, that was $10K. So his price on alignments went from $70 to $250 for a newer car with all the gadgets.
    No need to worry there. I bought a TEN YEAR warranty on the Camaro and was able to transfer that over to the High Country. And I had them do the paint sealer treatment along with the interior, and that warranty is for full replacement on anything in the interior, any rip, any stain, anything, ever, for as long as I own the truck it will be replaced for free.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Holy CRAP, brother... good thing we're not neighbors or you'd have me over there all the time DROOLING all over your CARS...

I've always been a gearhead, born that way I guess, doubt it will ever end. I'm looking for another project. I'd like a '70 or '71 Camaro. I think that was the best looking muscle car of it's era. I have enough land that I could park a couple hundred cars, but, when I like one I hate to see it sit outside, and I only have a 3 bay shop, and one of those is for my John Deere.

No need to worry there. I bought a TEN YEAR warranty on the Camaro and was able to transfer that over to the High Country. And I had them do the paint sealer treatment along with the interior, and that warranty is for full replacement on anything in the interior, any rip, any stain, anything, ever, for as long as I own the truck it will be replaced for free.
    I did my first spark plug change when I was 12. Dad's been doing it for 50 years and pretty much drilled into my head "you don't want to be a mechanic for a living" so I took it up as a hobby instead LOL

Yes, I have a shit load of rusty gold . The first time I brought my wife home and showed her my property she was like "does your family own a junkyard?" and my sister told her "yeah good luck getting him to sell any of those cars, he'd probably sell you first" and she married me anyway LOL. I'm so bad that a few year ago a high school buddy of mine came over and was excitedly telling me about the 68 plymouth satelite he had bought but it was just a 318 in it but he remembered I had a hemi in one of my barns. I didn't even remember having that engine. It was piled in behind some horse tack.

I couldn't in good consience let my friend drive around with only a 318 in that car , so we cleaned up the 426 bulked it out to a 502 and turned his satelite into one bad ass Road Runner clone.

We did almost part ways though, fucker tried to buy my real Road Runner. Friends don't try to buy their friend's Road Runner

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

I couldn’t possibly forget my sexy Italian!

-Abbey

15. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I did my first spark plug change when I was 12. Dad's been doing it for 50 years and pretty much drilled into my head "you don't want to be a mechanic for a living" so I took it up as a hobby instead LOL

Yes, I have a shit load of rusty gold . The first time I brought my wife home and showed her my property she was like "does your family own a junkyard?" and my sister told her "yeah good luck getting him to sell any of those cars, he'd probably sell you first" and she married me anyway LOL. I'm so bad that a few year ago a high school buddy of mine came over and was excitedly telling me about the 68 plymouth satelite he had bought but it was just a 318 in it but he remembered I had a hemi in one of my barns. I didn't even remember having that engine. It was piled in behind some horse tack.

I couldn't in good consience let my friend drive around with only a 318 in that car , so we cleaned up the 426 bulked it out to a 502 and turned his satelite into one bad ass Road Runner clone.

We did almost part ways though, fucker tried to buy my real Road Runner. Friends don't try to buy their friend's Road Runner
    Yeah I got a degree in Electrical Engineering after working on fighter jet avionics in the Air Force for 8 years, then decided that really wasn't my bag so I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix for Harley Davidson Tech. I just couldn't get wrenching out of my system, I really enjoy it. I retired from HD a Master Tech at 52. I probably have $100K worth of tools. We used to call each other a TOOL WHORE... yep... that's me...

Here's a custom exhaust job I just did on a friends 1990 Ford F-150 collector. He's put a lot of money is this little truck. Has a balanced and blue printed 302, worked up pretty good but had a super crappy single exhaust on it. I fixed that... added high performance CATS with an X pipe. He's another gear head and thank God he has a LIFT in his shop. He's my electrician buddy...

Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

STTAB, as I’ve said previously to Tom, just no Challengers. Or I will be forced to judge harshly, lol.

Just about an hour ago I was third in line at a red light on a normal two way street. At an intersection with a very busy four lane road. Up fast drives a guy in a Challenger in the oncoming traffic lane, past all three of us. Gets to the red light and turns right, in front of the first car at the light. What a ****. But rather unsurprising.

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yeah I got a degree in Electrical Engineering after working on fight jet avionics in the Air Force for 8 years, then decided that really wasn't my bag so I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute in Phoenix for Harley Davidson Tech. I just couldn't get wrenching out of my system, I really enjoy it. I retired from HD a Master Tech at 52. I probably have $100K worth of tools. We used to call each other a TOOL WHORE... yep... that's me...

Here's a custom exhaust job I just did on a friends 1990 Ford F-150 collector. He's put a lot of money is this little truck. Has a balanced and blue printed 302, worked up pretty good but had a super crappy single exhaust on it. I fixed that... added high performance CATS with an X pipe. He's another gear head and thank God he has a LIFT in his shop. He's my electrician buddy...

That's a clean install bro.

19. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

STTAB, as I’ve said previously to Tom, just no Challengers. Or I will be forced to judge harshly, lol.

Just about an hour ago I was third in line at a red light on a normal two way street. At an intersection with a very busy four lane road. Up fast drives a guy in a Challenger in the oncoming traffic lane, past all three of us. Gets to the red light and turns right, in front of the first car at the light. What a ****. But rather unsurprising.
    The Hellcat I ordered is a Challenger. judge away LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The Hellcat I ordered is a Challenger. judge away LOL
    Rut roh.

(Maybe I meant Charger?)

-Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

That's a clean install bro.
    'tanks... yeah it was just a bunch of pieces, bends and what not that I had him order, nothing specific for the job. Had to cut and weld it all together to fit. I really enjoy doing that stuff though. It was fun. Didn't charge him a cent even though he offered. Good part is I can use that lift anytime I want. Problem is, now I don't have anything I need to put up on it...

I built the oil drain unit and the under vehicle stand in the lower right hand corner of the pick of his truck on the lift too.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.