Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Prayers Needed

I wanted to let you all know, my dad died last Friday. The services were Tuesday and the funeral yesterday. While his last week was very tough, he kept control until he slipped into a coma.

The services were beautiful, over 400 visitors. For a man 86 years old, no one could imagine the number of his friends that came from FL, AZ, IN, WI, and LA. Seriously, shocking and comforting. He impacted literally hundreds and hundreds of lives.

My brother and I sat down this morning, to start on the thank yous and get the estate in order. After about 1/2 hour, my sister-in-law called to tell my brother that their 24 year old son, due to marry Sept. 22, has a brain tumor. More MRI's and such being done today, please keep him in your prayers.

God moves in mysterious ways, I cannot imagine my father surviving this, even without the cancer. It was also weird that my son missed his train this morning, back to university, due to an error in train times posted, that lasted literally minutes before the correction.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I wanted to let you all know, my dad died last Friday. The services were Tuesday and the funeral yesterday. While his last week was very tough, he kept control until he slipped into a coma.

The services were beautiful, over 400 visitors. For a man 86 years old, no one could imagine the number of his friends that came from FL, AZ, IN, WI, and LA. Seriously, shocking and comforting. He impacted literally hundreds and hundreds of lives.

My brother and I sat down this morning, to start on the thank yous and get the estate in order. After about 1/2 hour, my sister-in-law called to tell my brother that their 24 year old son, due to marry Sept. 22, has a brain tumor. More MRI's and such being done today, please keep him in your prayers.

God moves in mysterious ways, I cannot imagine my father surviving this, even without the cancer. It was also weird that my son missed his train this morning, back to university, due to an error in train times posted, that lasted literally minutes before the correction.
    Jimminnee Cricket, what a week, Kathianne!

I am sorry to hear about your dad.... and now this with your nephew!

i will say a prayer for your nephew, let us know how the tests turn out...

did your brother return home?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

kath,

i am so sorry that life is heavy these days.......my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    kath,

i am so sorry that life is heavy these days.......my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family....

Thank you, tried to rep, but uh ya know. It is too weird how much 'heavy' stuff can hit at once. I'll let you know, when I do, but I"m praying like one possessed.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, tried to rep, but uh ya know. It is too weird how much 'heavy' stuff can hit at once. I'll let you know, when I do, but I"m praying like one possessed.
    24 is too young.....all the best to you and your family.....

the sun will shine again....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You and your family will be in my prayer's Kat..

Stay strong my friend...though I know it might seem hard to do right now..

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ...................

Jesus............ Is it operable? Brain tumors arn't always as bad as people make out, Im sure he will be ok, well atleast I hope.

I know its a hard time but there is a reason for everything...............

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    kath,

What he said...cept I donno what the "59" part is..

WE're with ya K, you know that.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Footprints In The Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mary Stevenson, 1936
    http://www.wowzone.com/fprints.htm

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Kathianne,

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your father. Whether a child or a grown adult, I can't imagine losing a parent is ever easy. I hope you can find some solace knowing he lived such a long life. I think he's probably looking proudly down upon you right now knowing he raised such a kind and caring daughter.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Psalm 23

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
    3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
    4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
    5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
    6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Kath.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kath

I lost my dad two years ago and while I think about him every day, now my thoughts are of his life and not his death. The saddness will pass with time and the shining moments you had with him will be forever in your memory. Hang in there and God bless you.
    There is no wrong way to do the right thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HUGS I pray for all of you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    What he said...cept I donno what the "59" part is..

WE're with ya K, you know that.
    Thank you, I tried to rep, but spreading thing, ya know. I've not a clue to '59 thing.

I spoke with my nephew today, the neurosurgeon is very optomistic that it's non-cancerous. That is the good news. The bad news is that it's big and rapidly growing.

Online I've learned they've come a long way in operating, laser is the deal and very successful. Prayers are requested. Thanks to all!