Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
I knew this thread was around, I was hoping I wouldn't be needing it. For the past few weeks, been waiting to find out what's happening with Jay.

It's been a really hard 6 months, he found out his wife was cheating. He filed for divorce. She was fighting it, she wanted to keep everything the way it's been, but not change her behavior. (It must run in our family, it's pretty close to what ex kept saying, while he too fought divorce. Where do we find...) Anyways, that is life, so to speak.

Then about 3 months ago, he started feeling weird, tingling and weakness over left side. Much the same symptoms at beginning before brain tumor diagnosis. After several Loyola visits, about a month and half ago, back to Mayo in Rochester. Lots of tests, total consult for 10/19. My brother only told me after returning from the hospitalization a month + ago. I could tell he was more than a bit concerned, like I had to be the calm one, telling him to wait and see and pray. My brother is probably the most optimistic, but realistic person I know. I was worried. Talk to my nephew a few times, he sounded good, but also realistic. "I just want to know what, if anything can be done." Honestly, my family.

So yesterday was the day. I texted bro, 'thinking of you and praying.' A couple hours later he replied, 'supposed to talk to docs in hour or so...'

That was the last I heard, until an hour ago. I knew when no response, it wasn't going to be good.

ALS. Median time at his age, health issues, 2 years. God.
That's rough Kath. I'm sorry you are going through the hurt from this and the heartache. I can understand completely but that doesn't help the heart when it aches. Ever need to speak with anyone, and while you likely have many ears just know that I am here. I always listen via messages here and would give you my number if you ever wanted to talk.

And I see that "Joan" posted above. That put a quick smile and a brief glossy eye in seeing that. Odd, I also found today a bible that was given to her when she was a little girl. I also found a small hand written not inside about 3 psalm verses to read and something else from John or another. I still have to go and read them. If they meant enough to her to write them down, then they would mean something to me. I recognize her hand writing and know for a fact it's Mom from when she was of course an adult. But still, a nice gift. Being a very old bible, and it's starting to fall apart, I'm going to have it restored. It's written on inside with a note to Mom when it was given to her. And then less than an hour or 2 later, I end up in this thread and seeing her post.

Life works in mysterious ways and so does the man above. For whatever little bit it helps you, I read the good book and handle my own prayers my way. And you both will be thought of in them.