Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Some should apologize on Russian collusion, if...

If it turns out Trump had nothing to do with any collusion with Russia - should some folks, leading democrats, the media at least come forward, admit they were wrong and perhaps apologize?

The media is very powerful, and some out there pushed this as if it were FACT and that they knew this 100% for sure. That's harmful and should be retracted, but never will of course. And more troubling is the Democrat leaders that did the same.

Hell, for that case, who knows if they even cover it. One of 2 things happen, it either slowly disappears into the abyss - or my choice, of which there are endless accusations and excuses.

---

Tucker Carlson: There Must Be "Consequences" For Those Claiming Russian Collusion if Mueller Report Shows None

Tucker Carlson called for consequences for those who pushed the Trump-Russian collusion narrative if the report by special counsel Robert Mueller shows none in a monologue delivered on the Thursday broadcast of his FOX News show.

TUCKER CARLSON, FOX NEWS: Various news outlets are telling us the Mueller report is finally on its way. We have no inside information on that, though we should say the White House believes it, too. When Mueller’s report does arrive, it will go first to the attorney general. There isn’t much debate about what should happen next. Democrats have demanded the release of the entire document. The president agrees with them. He’s said he’d like to see the report go public, so that voters can assess for themselves. Of course we’ll bring you that when it happens.
    For now, we’d like to take a second to put this entire, sprawling story in perspective. Our job on this show is to remember things, to create a record of what’s happened in this country over the past few years, and what’s happened to it. Our grandchildren will want to know. If the left has its way, they will never see the details. It will all be whitewashed, like so much else in our history. So let’s recall, for the record, what the Robert Mueller investigation is about, why we got a special counsel in the first place. The point wasn’t to discover whether the president fudged deductions on his tax returns thirty years ago. It wasn’t to find out whether he wanted to build another hotel in foreign country. From its first day, the Mueller investigation was justified by a single question: Did Donald Trump collude with the Russian government to steal the 2016 presidential election? Did the president betray his country? For close to three years, Democrats have told us that, yes, he did:

BETO: It’s beyond a shadow of a doubt that if there was not collusion, there was at least the effort to collude

(edit)

ADAM SCHIFF: I think there’s plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy in plain sight

(edit)

MAXINE WATERS: There’s more to be learned about it. I believe there has been collusion.
    (edit)

JOHN PODESTA: It's starting to smell more and more like collusion

(edit)

NANCY PELOSI: We saw cold, hard evidence of the Trump campaign, the Trump family eagerly intending to collude possibly with Russia.

If you grew up in this country, it’s hard to shrug off charges like the ones you just heard. Maxine Waters is an irrelevant person, a living sideshow. But Nancy Pelosi is hardly that. She is the speaker of the House of Representatives. She’s third in line to the presidency. Adam Schiff is the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee. He’s privy to the most highly-classified information our government possesses. John Podesta was the Chief of Staff in one White House and a senior advisor in another. Beto O’Rourke has raised more money than anyone else running for president in 2020. These are not peripheral figures. They are the most serious people in the modern Democratic Party. We took them seriously. We felt we had a duty to understand why they were calling the president of the United States a traitor. So we asked them. We interviewed a number of them on this show. One of the most persistent accusers was congressman Eric Swalwell of California, who is also a member of the House intelligence committee. If there was indeed evidence of collusion with Russia, Swalwell would have it. Yet he never produced any. We asked him repeatedly. Swalwell accused us of cutting him off, of not letting him make his case on the air. Finally, in frustration, we offered him a full half an hour, live on this show to do that:

CARLSON: If you have any evidence at all of collusion, any, and I don't care how small it is, I will give the floor to you and I mean that. I want to wrap this up. I'm sure you do too.

Months later, Swalwell accepted our invitation. He never produced a single piece of evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with anyone. Instead, he accused us of working for a foreign power. We asked Swalwell why the public couldn’t see a memo related to the Russia investigation. Here’s how he responded:
    Rest - https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...hows_none.html
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Twitter going wild... no collusion... speculation is that now the left will turn on Mueller and say he's inept and/or covering Trump.