Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default shazam - doing diversity right

Preview of the movie.

“… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

At the beginning of the video he mentions that Shazam was originally called Captain Marvel. For anyone interested in the history:

The Two CAPTAINs MARVEL and Why One is Now SHAZAM
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

3. Thanks darin thanked this post
    Likes darin liked this post
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

“In captain Marvel she just has powers, they don’t explain how she gets them”
    This Guy apparently watched the captain Marvel movie and didn’t think it explained how she got her powers? Is there anyone else here who saw the movie who isn’t able to confirm in an instant where her powers came from?

Also he seems to have a really short memory on Wonder Woman and a Latinx Spider-Man, both of which were pilloried because they were //pandering to social justice warriors// because ‘Wonder Woman was putting men down’ and ‘oh ofcourse there has to be a non-white Spider-Man now’ etc.

I haven’t seen Shazam yet, but likely will at some point, and if it’s good it won’t be because Captin Marvel is bad, because it wasn’t.
    Last edited by Noir; 03-25-2019 at 09:14 AM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    “In captain Marvel she just has powers, they don’t explain how she gets them”
    This Guy apparently watched the captain Marvel movie and didn’t think it explained how she got her powers? Is there anyone else here who saw the movie who isn’t able to confirm in an instant where her powers came from?

Also he seems to have a really short memory on Wonder Woman and a Latinx Spider-Man, both of which were pilloried because they were //pandering to social justice warriors// because ‘Wonder Woman was putting men down’ and ‘oh ofcourse there has to be a non-white Spider-Man now’ etc.

I haven’t seen Shazam yet, but likely will at some point, and if it’s good it won’t be because Captin Marvel is bad, because it wasn’t.
    Everyone worth their salt didn't mention ANYTHING about wonderwoman being pilloried. Everyone worth their salt thought it was very well done - mostly because it did not PANDER.

Plug, Gal Gadot....omg..
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Plug, Gal Gadot....omg..

It should be illegal to be that beautiful...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

7. Likes darin liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    It should be illegal to be that beautiful...
    Respectfully disagree. It should be illegal for Gal Gadot to NOT be madly in love with me.

9. Likes hjmick liked this post