Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Jussie Smollett - all charges dropped

How the FU%$ does that work? They/She aren't even stating that he is innocent. More or less GUILTY as charged, but keeping his 10,000 bond and accepted whatever community service he has done already. Charges dropped and everything wiped from his record. The police are pissed.

That's SIXTEEN FELONIES he was charged with, all dropped.

What does this say to future folks wanting to fake hate crimes? Racial crimes?

---

Jussie Smollett Charges Dropped; ‘His Record Has Been Wiped Clean’

CHICAGO (CBS) — Less than two weeks after “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly lying to police about a hate crime, prosecutors have dropped charges in the case.

Cook County prosecutors agreed to drop the charges against Smollett at an unscheduled hearing in the case Tuesday morning. Smollett will forfeit the $10,000 bail he posted after his arrest.

“After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollett’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case,” the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office stated in an email.

Sources tell CBS 2 that CPD Superintendent Eddie Johnson is furious and that he received no notification about the charges being dropped. CBS 2 is told that he will speak after the police graduation taking place.

Smollett’s spokesperson said his record would be “fully expunged.”

“Today, all criminal charges against Jussie Smollett were dropped and his record has been wiped clean of the filing of this tragic complaint against him. Jussie was attacked by two people he was unable to identify on January 29th. He was a victim who was vilified and made to appear as a perpetrator as a result of false and inappropriate remarks made to the public causing an inappropriate rush to judgement,” spokeswoman Anne Kavanaugh stated in an email.

“Jussie and many others were hurt by these unfair and unwarranted actions. This entire situation is a reminder that there should never be an attempt to prove a case in the court of public opinion. That is wrong. It is a reminder that a victim, in this case Jussie, deserves dignity and respect. Dismissal of charges against the victim in this case was the only just result.

Rest - https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/03...arges-dropped/

CRIMINAL CASE DROPPED!!!

Jussie Smollett will not be prosecuted for allegedly faking a racial attack, because all charges have been dropped!!! Jussie and his lawyers will address the media at 8:45 AM PT. We will live stream.

Jussie and his lawyers ran to court Tuesday morning in Chicago, where he was facing 16 felony counts of lying to police in the alleged racial and homophobic attack.

Jussie will surrender his $10,000 bond. But, that's it. The case is over.

We're told the State's Attorney, Kim Foxx, told Chicago police she was dropping the case because Jussie would have only gotten community service if convicted and she said he has already performed community service so there is no point in prosecuting him. We could not find any record of Smollett doing community service.

We're told Chicago police are "furious" and feel something untoward is going on with Kim Foxx.

Rest - https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/26/jussi...ped-dismissed/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Unless there is something we're missing, this is disgraceful.

3. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    I don't think so. The police are still adamant in their investigation and his guilt. The FBI is still investigating the hate letter he sent himself to the studios.

And the folks who dropped the charges didn't even mention "innocence", they just dropped and referenced his already completed community service. That sounds like 'guilt and penalty served already' to me. Difference being, most others with 16 felonies will see the inside of a cell. They will also have a record, not a celebration.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    I don't think so. The police are still adamant in their investigation and his guilt. The FBI is still investigating the hate letter he sent himself to the studios.

And the folks who dropped the charges didn't even mention "innocence", they just dropped and referenced his already completed community service. That sounds like 'guilt and penalty served already' to me. Difference being, most others with 16 felonies will see the inside of a cell. They will also have a record, not a celebration.
    I meant something along the lines of the police screwed up and it would come out in a trial or something like that.

As for Jussie, I hope the feds fuck him up.

6. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Prosecutors Drop All Charges Against Jussie Smollett

UPDATE: Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson asks, "Do I think justice was served?" He answered, "No...I think this city is still owed an apology."

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel sounded off on the "ethical costs" of the investigation. He regretted that Smollett had used hate crime legislation laws to "self promote" his own career. Especially because it comes at the expense of actual hate crime victims.

"This is a whitewash of justice."

Emanuel further noted how the actor continued to claim innocence even after evidence of the hoax surfaced.

"How dare he!" the mayor said. "There's still no sense of ownership of what he’s done."

That wasn't all.

It seems like this case may not be over.

Rest - https://townhall.com/entertainment/c...-case-n2543761

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The 2 brothers both came clean and admitted the truth to the police and explained everything very thoroughly. And yet this scumbag continues to deny what happened and continues to use the 'hate crime' as advancement and discussion. Never even replying to the brothers charges and the evidence released. And when the FBI confirms he sent the letter, regardless of charges, will he still continue his charade?

Wow: Chicago Drops All Charges Against Hate Crime Hoaxer Jussie Smollett, Cops 'Furious'

In a stunning turn of events, Chicago officials have dropped all 16 felony charges against Jussie Smollett, the former Empire star who evidence shows staged a 'hate crime' against himself earlier this year. The decision was made by the office of Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx, who recused herself from the case after text and email exchanges with a powerful ally of Smollett's family were revealed. Foxx's team has now abruptly ended the state's prosecution of the disgraced actor. Here's their stated reasoning:

“After reviewing all of the facts and circumstances of the case, including Mr. Smollet’s volunteer service in the community and agreement to forfeit his bond to the City of Chicago, we believe this outcome is a just disposition & appropriate resolution...”
    They're effectively conceding his guilt, but letting him off with "time served" (it's unclear whether he's actually done the community service in question) and a tiny forfeited bond. A judge has also agreed to seal all the relevant records in the case, a stunning development that isn't getting enough attention. In response, Smollett's attorneys issued a mind-bending celebratory statement, reiterating the ludicrous claim that their client is an innocent victim who was attacked by unknown assailants. How can this be spun as a just outcome if the criminal is maintaining his farcical lies?

Rest - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben...llett-n2543763

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

‘They Brokered a Deal in Secret to Circumvent Judicial System’

That appears to be exactly the case here.

---

Top Chicago Cop Slams Prosecutors For Dropping Charges Against Smollett ‘They Brokered a Deal in Secret to Circumvent Judicial System’

Crooked Chicago prosecutors dropped the charges against hate hoaxer Jussie Smollett on Tuesday.

Chicago police are furious over state’s attorney Kim Foxx’s decision to drop all charges against Jussie Smollett.

Smollett reached a deferred prosecution deal and the judge sealed his case!

Even worse, Jussie Smollett and his lawyer are sticking to the BIG LIE that Smollett was attacked by racist white Trump supporters.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel held a presser Tuesday afternoon to address the shocking news that prosecutors dropped charges against Smollett without discussing it with the police department.

Eddie Johnson repeatedly stated the Jussie Smollett is guilty of staging a hate hoax crime in January and he did it to advance his career.

‘There’s one set of rules for the powerful and influential and it’s totally wrong,’ Eddie Johnson said.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...-system-video/

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

And this SHOULD be further investigated. He should at least go to a judge/trial, IMO. And if anything underhanded with the DA, toss her. Something doesn't ring right here.

---

Chicago Police Union Wants Federal Investigation Into Kim Foxx’s Handling of Case After She Exchanged Texts With Smollett’s Relatives

Crooked Chicago prosecutors dropped the charges against hate hoaxer Jussie Smollett on Tuesday.

Chicago police are furious over state’s attorney Kim Foxx’s decision to drop all charges against Jussie Smollett.

All charges were dropped!

Smollett reached a deferred prosecution deal and the judge sealed his case!

Even worse, Jussie Smollett and his lawyer are sticking to the BIG LIE that Smollett was attacked by racist white Trump supporters.

The Chicago Police Union want a federal investigation into Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s handling of Smollett’s case after text messages revealed she was communicating with Jussie Smollett’s relatives and supporters about their concerns over his case.

Tina Tchen a former aide to Barack and Michelle Obama, sent Kim Foxx an email saying, “Hi Kim – I sent an email to your work address I think as well. I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation. I am on an 8 am flight to nyc but please call me before then. I land about 1015 Chicago time. My cell is [redacted]. Many thanks!”

In one text exchange with a Smollett relative, Kim Foxx is reassuring them she spoke to the superintendent and asked for a favor. “I’ll keep you posted, “Foxx said in text. “Omg this would be a huge victory,” the Smollett relative said in response. “I make no guarantees, but I’m trying.” Foxx replied.

Rest - https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...tts-relatives/

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Now this should answer for sure. Disgraceful only begins to tell the story of whatever the F took place here.

How in the world do you tell the public that someone is guilty, but you're letting them off anyway. And they just happen to be a celebrity.

---

Prosecutor Admits: We Know Smollett Lied, We Dropped His Felony Charges Anyway

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...e-him-n2543774

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So, the prosecutor that recused herself from the case (so she could attend the Academy Awards) and demanded that the FBI take over the case after talking to Smollett's relative and Michelle Obama's former chief of staff, gets back to town, un-recuses herself and throws out all charges. Nothing to see here folks, this is Chicago. Oh and by the way did this knock the Mueller Report off the front page? Mission accomplished.

14. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default As if Nobody In America Would Notice???

The minute the Obama Brand was introduced into this SMOLLETT....Smells like a Rat, Game of Racist Hypocrisy. THE FIX WAS IN.

Anybody Doubt that? The WUSS Mayor in Chicago (An Obama Buddy/Lover, Mutual P.O.S.) Pretending to be Upset???
    He just wants all of Hollyweird to Love him...and his OSCAR AWARDS...D.A.

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Black and gay.

There. I said it.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

17. Likes LongTermGuy, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Saved by a black DA, over a black hate crime and Trump supporting attackers, helped by aide of Michelle Obama - who Jussie met several times. Empire is written by Lee Daniels, a powerful black man in the community. No one wants to see his project and show fail. The "supposed" community service he already did was with Jesse Jackson's rainbow coalition. And now all the black folks are jumping up and down about justice and how they knew he didn't do it.

Tine Tchen, the Obama aide, reached out to Foxx, the DA, to try and help on his behalf, and that of his family. WTF? Since when does that happen?

Huh? They almost outright stated he DID do it. The 2 brothers outlined the whole thing and how Jussie paid them. There's a letter that was sent to the studios, in which the brothers state Jussie sent that too.

I'm sorry, but seems like one big black supporting whitewash of the entire set of events.

And if this were a white man? And he was straight? Felonies would still stand and maybe even convicted already!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

They're saying this is far from over... we'll see.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I hope that they could apply further charges to him, federal or not, to meet justice. And of course, the same and more to this lousy DA.

And they are right. This asswipe is still going around telling everyone the same story and upholding his innocence. I see the police have threatened to release all the evidence they have to the contrary.

The actual DA assistant that dropped the charges, has even since stated he was guilty. All the police say he is guilty. All the gathered evidence they have says he is guilty. 2 brothers confessed to the whole thing and say he is guilty as well.

Everyone in the nation sees his guilt - kinda sorta - except a runaway DA that gets his charges dropped, Michelle Obama's aide apparently, & some folks that come off awfully "racist" in the way they defend and absolve Smollett of any guilt. The whole thing is sickening - and now the TV show "Empire" appears to be welcoming him back with open arms.

---

Chicago Police Union VP Calls for Federal Investigation into Kim Foxx's Handling of Smollett Case

Chicago Police Union Vice President Martin Preib is calling for a federal investigation into Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx's handling of the Jussie Smollett case, telling Fox News' Martha MacCallum that "something very dark and suspicious" was behind the decision to drop all charges against the hate-crime hoaxer.

"You know, this is not the first time we've attacked the Foxx administration since she came into office," Preib added. "There's a lot here that investigative reporters definitely need to work with and we definitely believe that federal authorities should investigate what happened here."

Preib claimed that Foxx had pulled the same maneuver in several other "key cases," and noted that the national media was getting a good look at how the criminal justice system "doesn't work in Chicago."

"It's ludicrous. It's ridiculous -- but that's the reality of things in Chicago," he said.

Earlier on Tuesday, Preib told the Chicago Sun-Times: “The conduct of her office from the very beginning of this case was highly, highly suspicious.”

He added: “The entire country is outraged by it. The evidence is overwhelming that he was legitimately charged in this case. This decision [to drop the charges] appears to be utterly arbitrary, capricious and suspicious.”

Even Mayor Rahm Emanuel was appalled by the decision: “From top to bottom, this is not on the level,” the mayor said.

Now, “Mr. Smollett is still saying he is innocent, still running down the Chicago Police Department. How dare he? How dare he?” Emanuel added. “Is there no decency in this man?”

Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said: “If you want to say you are innocent, you take your day in court… I would never hide behind a brokered deal.”

Asked why he believes the charges were dropped, Preib told the Chicago Sun-Times: “I have my dark suspicions, but it’s not appropriate to give voice to them just yet.”

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/video/chicago-po...smollett-case/

21. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post