Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Funny you should post this now... I was at the bar today for a little bit while waiting for a coat of paint to dry on the hood of the little John Deere I'm giving to my son. I got to talking to this guy I've known for a long, long time here, and I can't recall how we actually got on the topic, might have been a comment I made, but he showed me a couple scares on the inside on his left wrist and he said that they were from a cat that had attacked a prized rooster he had, and he picked up the cat and choked it to death. I tried not to react how I was really feeling, I really wanted to choke his ass to death. I pictured my little black and white campfire cat being strangled to death by this guy, and that just about made my blood boil.

I think, I'm alone here, no wife, no kids, and this little cat of mine is alone too, no one to look after her but me. So I do my best to take care of that little critter and make her feel as safe and loved as I possibly can, and ya know, animals respond to that. They develop into a real character, and that makes them an awesome little pet, a partner, they're like your kid.

I've read and heard in several different places over the years that SERIAL KILLERS often start abusing animals first... so that's really something to think about.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 03-30-2019 at 11:44 PM.

3. Thanks Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Elessar, Drummond, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I am divorced, single and my son has gone on to be a huge success in his field.

All I have left is my crazy cat Pippin. He is a scamp, but cute - loves to drawn blood when
    he plays, though!
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

5. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar View Post
    I am divorced, single and my son has gone on to be a huge success in his field.

All I have left is my crazy cat Pippin. He is a scamp, but cute - loves to drawn blood when
    he plays, though!
    My other cat before the campfire cat, Buttons, he used to claw the crap otta me too. But he didn't mean it. He was a just a huge, rough and tumble old farm Tom cat. He used to love to get what he could of his body inside an empty 12 pack carton, which wasn't much since he was so huge, but as long as he got his head in he was hiding, and I'd scratch the cartoon on the sides and PLAYING, he'd swipe at me through the handle holes. Yeah, and if I wasn't quick enough to get my fingers out of the way he'd get me, because he always had his claws out. I never blamed him or got mad at him. He was a big ole Tom cat and he didn't know any better, he was playing and so was I. If he scratched me and made me bleed, which he did many times, I just figured that was my fault. He was my buddy and I loved him.

THANKFULLY, I can play with the little campfire cat, girl, and she NEVER has her claws out. She's such a good little critter. She swats the heck otta me but it's always with the claws in. Couldn't ask for a better little buddy.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-01-2019 at 10:06 AM.

7. Thanks Drummond, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Very TRUE Abbey.

9. Thanks Drummond, Abbey Marie thanked this post