Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I wonder if the reason Pete is gone is because he just ran out of excuses for the behavior of the democrats?

I wonder if he's having second thoughts about being a democrat?

Maybe he's secretly become a Trump supporter.
    Nah. I think he got tired of being dogpiled and the lack of civility by some toward him.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Nah. I think he got tired of being dogpiled and the lack of civility by some toward him.
    Well, he left too soon then, because the incivility has been wiped out.

Maybe if he's out there trolling the board and not signed in he'll see that.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 02-10-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Well, he left too soon then, because the incivility has been wiped out.

Maybe if he's out there trolling the board and not signed in he'll see that.
    See what? Give or take, the same players are in the game now that were in last time he logged out. There's no difference. Except there's no Pete. First board I was on was a lefty board. Got along for the most part because I could debate. Was there about a year and they pulled some lefty crap I wouldn't stand for and I just left.

Point is, I just got tired of it and left. I've said this before, but I often wondered why pete even bothered.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Notice how busy Pete has gotten since Trump got hold of the economy? Gone are the good old days of Obama when he would be lucky to get two new clients a year. Now he has to put up with two new clients at a time!

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

See what? Give or take, the same players are in the game now that were in last time he logged out. There's no difference. Except there's no Pete. First board I was on was a lefty board. Got along for the most part because I could debate. Was there about a year and they pulled some lefty crap I wouldn't stand for and I just left.

Point is, I just got tired of it and left. I've said this before, but I often wondered why pete even bothered.
    Fascinating !

Admittedly, my experience of Leftie boards is limited .. I've only been a member of one where those running it admitted to their biases (another was chock full of Lefties, but the Admin there professed neutrality). But it's always been my experience that, if debate is allowed, it has to be done in such a way that their predetermined 'PC' agenda is slavishly served. Either that, or intolerance is automatic.

[For example: argument against Islam and Islamists automatically invites a charge of racism. Denial that Islam IS a racial issue isn't listened to]

But no Leftie site I know of would ever tolerate a Conservative thinker for an entire year. I for one have never lasted on a Leftie forum for anything like as long.

How did you manage it ? Were you forced to make concessions of some kind ?

I've never, myself, unilaterally chosen to leave a Leftie forum. I just get chucked off.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

See what?
    That there's no more fighting, since it's been banned.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

That there's no more fighting, since it's been banned.
    Not banned, just not here. Same with Pete.

With respect to everyone, let's not discuss folks that ain't here at the moment. No on did anything, just putting that out there before it gets there.

Hopefully Pete will post again. Saw him pop in the other day. If and when he is ready he will enlighten us. Love ya Petey!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    Fascinating !

Admittedly, my experience of Leftie boards is limited .. I've only been a member of one where those running it admitted to their biases (another was chock full of Lefties, but the Admin there professed neutrality). But it's always been my experience that, if debate is allowed, it has to be done in such a way that their predetermined 'PC' agenda is slavishly served. Either that, or intolerance is automatic.

[For example: argument against Islam and Islamists automatically invites a charge of racism. Denial that Islam IS a racial issue isn't listened to]

But no Leftie site I know of would ever tolerate a Conservative thinker for an entire year. I for one have never lasted on a Leftie forum for anything like as long.

How did you manage it ? Were you forced to make concessions of some kind ?

I've never, myself, unilaterally chosen to leave a Leftie forum. I just get chucked off.
    I forget the name of the board. Was "Politics *something* " The owner lived on Gibraltar. Most of the members were European or Canadian. You'd have been more at home there than I was, I think. Like I said, I got along. Lot of word games, literalism, intellectual dishonesty. I have to say though most were polite about it. Maybe two trolls. Everyone else wanted to discuss issues and it was not a huge board, but neither was it small. I assumed it was because most of us had manners.

That was 20 years ago. The people on the boards are what have changed. Issues look pretty-much the same.