Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default ACLU sues catholic hospital

Why? Do they receive federal funding at a catholic hospital? Do they not have their own rights? Any/all patients are free to go to local community hospitals, and may even be able to get better rates or more help. But why in the world go to a catholic place, and expect and make demands that you know they either disagree with or won't help you with? Perhaps looking to make a point, or make a lawsuit? Me thinks so.

And if 25 miles away.... what does that take, 20-25 mins on highway, 30 minutes local? To have SURGERY, not to just have a 2 minute visit. Please, don't act like it's in another world.

---

ACLU Sues Catholic Hospital for Refusing to Perform Transgender Surgery

Religious freedom? What religious freedom?

I'm pretty sure that I've written those same two questions to open an article in the past. No doubt, considering how rapidly society is transforming, I will plagiarize myself again before everything is said and done. This time, I ask the questions because the ACLU has sued St. Joseph hospital in Eureka, Calif., for refusing to perform surgery on a woman who thinks she is a man.

Oliver Knight (I don't know her real name) explains in an article published on the ACLU's website that the hysterectomy she was scheduled to have was the next surgery in the process of sex reassignment. She confesses that:

Since I was a kid, I’ve felt like my body didn’t match my soul. I felt uncomfortable in clothes. I felt disgusting when I showered. Everything felt wrong, but it took me a while to figure out why. Once I discovered that I am a man, I went to my doctor to start the process of medically transitioning. I began taking testosterone. I had a double mastectomy. The next step was a hysterectomy.
    Thankfully, the hospital realized that the surgery violated their religious beliefs and prevented Ms. Knight from any further self-harm through the process of mutilating her body. The ACLU, of course, sees it differently and believes that a person's right to inflict further trauma and pain on their body trumps people's right to live and act in accordance with their religious beliefs. In a press release, the ACLU paints the proceedings in a wholly negative light:

On August 30, 2017, minutes before Mr. Knight was scheduled to receive a hysterectomy, the St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka canceled his surgery. St. Joseph regularly allows hysterectomies for patients who are not transgender and Knight’s doctor said he and other physicians regularly perform the procedure. The discriminatory denial was because Mr. Knight is transgender.

St. Joseph is owned by the Providence St. Joseph Health Network, one of the largest health systems in the country—operating 51 hospitals, with over 25,000 physicians—and in the state of California, where it operates 18 hospitals. In Eureka, where Knight sought and was denied access to medical services, St. Joseph Hospital is the only provider within 25 miles.
    Setting aside the immorality of transgenderism for argument's sake, the "inconvenience" of living 25 miles from another hospital isn't a good reason to override the First Amendment. To be clear, if the courts step in and force Saint Joseph hospital to follow through on Ms. Knight's body mutilation, that will be a clear violation of the First Amendment.

Rest - https://pjmedia.com/trending/aclu-su...ender-surgery/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I knew by the title this was going to get me ticked.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I hope the court throws it out.

She could have chosen Mad River Community Hospital in Arcata - just 13 miles to the North,
    or Sutter Coast Hospital in Fortuna - just 25 +/- miles South.

Instead she decided to go to a Christian sponsored hospital in Eureka.

I have no sympathy at all for her. Anyone who orders mutilation of their own body
    has some deep rooted mental problems in my opinion, and that includes excessive
    tattoo's and piercings.
    Last edited by Elessar; 04-02-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

5. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post