Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Default Wind Turbines Are Not Clean Or Green And Provide Zero Global Energy

I hate these God awful things. I think they're unsightly and they're not doing anyone any good. They kill hundreds of thousands of birds and they're more expensive to maintain than they save anyone for the energy they produce. I say take them all the frick down...

========

Wind Turbines Are Not Clean Or Green And Provide Zero Global Energy

The wind turbine industry is a shell game where all three shells are empty; it is the biggest scam of the millennium and destined to fail miserably in the end. Technocrats promote initiatives that are designed to impose social control, not social benefits. ⁃ TN Editor
    The Global Wind Energy Council recently released its latest report, excitedly boasting that ‘the proliferation of wind energy into the global power market continues at a furious pace, after it was revealed that more than 54 gigawatts of clean renewable wind power was installed across the global market last year’.

You may have got the impression from announcements like that, and from the obligatory pictures of wind turbines in any BBC story or airport advert about energy, that wind power is making a big contribution to world energy today. You would be wrong. Its contribution is still, after decades — nay centuries — of development, trivial to the point of irrelevance.

Here’s a quiz; no conferring. To the nearest whole number, what percentage of the world’s energy consumption was supplied by wind power in 2014, the last year for which there are reliable figures? Was it 20 per cent, 10 per cent or 5 per cent? None of the above: it was 0 per cent. That is to say, to the nearest whole number, there is still no wind power on Earth.

Even put together, wind and photovoltaic solar are supplying less than 1 per cent of global energy demand. From the International Energy Agency’s 2016 Key Renewables Trends, we can see that wind provided 0.46 per cent of global energy consumption in 2014, and solar and tide combined provided 0.35 per cent. Remember this is total energy, not just electricity, which is less than a fifth of all final energy, the rest being the solid, gaseous, and liquid fuels that do the heavy lifting for heat, transport and industry.

Such numbers are not hard to find, but they don’t figure prominently in reports on energy derived from the unreliables lobby (solar and wind). Their trick is to hide behind the statement that close to 14 per cent of the world’s energy is renewable, with the implication that this is wind and solar. In fact the vast majority — three quarters — is biomass (mainly wood), and a very large part of that is ‘traditional biomass’; sticks and logs and dung burned by the poor in their homes to cook with. Those people need that energy, but they pay a big price in health problems caused by smoke inhalation.

Even in rich countries playing with subsidized wind and solar, a huge slug of their renewable energy comes from wood and hydro, the reliable renewables. Meanwhile, world energy demand has been growing at about 2 per cent a year for nearly 40 years. Between 2013 and 2014, again using International Energy Agency data, it grew by just under 2,000 terawatt-hours.

If wind turbines were to supply all of that growth but no more, how many would need to be built each year? The answer is nearly 350,000, since a two-megawatt turbine can produce about 0.005 terawatt-hours per annum. That’s one-and-a-half times as many as have been built in the world since governments started pouring consumer funds into this so-called industry in the early 2000s.

Read full story here... https://www.technocracy.news/wind-tu...global-energy/
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-08-2019 at 08:18 PM.

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Startling stats!

To hear the 'green' people chirp, one might think wind power and photocells are the second coming.

Fact is, only nuclear can equal or exceed fossil fuels for energy.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

On a Local german website's fb page...when I bring up the fallacy of windpower I am lambasted by Germans who drank the koolaid. They cannot believe their government is EVER wrong because Germans are much-too-efficient to be wrong...ever.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

6. Thanks Gunny, High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    On a Local german website's fb page...when I bring up the fallacy of windpower I am lambasted by Germans who drank the koolaid. They cannot believe their government is EVER wrong because Germans are much-too-efficient to be wrong...ever.
    I understand this all too well. Apart from German pride in their efficiency ... once a politically-correct belief is adopted, nothing at all will shift that belief. It becomes an article of faith that it MUST be right.

Much the same lunacy applies to faith people have that to reduce polluting emissions is all any industry needs to do, in order to 'cure' what's supposedly driving 'global warming'. This, of course, once you think about it, is clear and evident nonsense. Pollutants don't just disappear because we'd prefer them to. If in fact they're in the environment, doing harm, then all we can affect is, at best, the rate by which we add to it all.

This is why I'm inclined to believe the entire 'green' debate is based on fiction. Since the remedy that's being shoved down our throats actually ISN'T one, then why should I even believe in the 'scary problem' in the first place ??
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

8. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes Elessar liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Scamming sheeple to keep them distracted. Why didn't I think of that?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

10. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post