Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default A couple of pictures of myself & family

Not sure if I ever posted either of these before. My Dad scanned them this morning and emailed them to me!

Back row is: Jeff and his young son at the time, Travis. Then my brother John. Then my ugly mug! My brother Daniel and then Jeff's other kid, Zachary.

Front row: Jeff's wife, Cindy, now divorced. John's wife, Heidi, now divorced. And John's daughter, Sara. My wife, Diana & then last but not least is my Dad!

The wifey and I when I used to live in Bronxville. What a dumb haircut I had. At least I still had good taste in jackets back then.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Not sure if I ever posted either of these before. My Dad scanned them this morning and emailed them to me!

Back row is: Jeff and his young son at the time, Travis. Then my brother John. Then my ugly mug! My brother Daniel and then Jeff's other kid, Zachary.

Front row: Jeff's wife, Cindy, now divorced. John's wife, Heidi, now divorced. And John's daughter, Sara. My wife, Diana & then last but not least is my Dad!

The wifey and I when I used to live in Bronxville. What a dumb haircut I had. At least I still had good taste in jackets back then.
    Always enjoy family shots. As for the last pic, you were preppie, that's all.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

To me...Jimmy looks like a Goodfellas Gangster just starting out in his young age in that pic.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Always enjoy family shots. As for the last pic, you were preppie, that's all.
    Yeah, she did try to get me to turn preppie for the longest time. The various haircuts is where it started. I had long hair until I met her, which admittedly wasn't a whole lot better! Then it was onto nicer shirts and casual dress shoes... can't make me ever take off my Steelers stuff though!! And deep inside I'm always a dirtbag, so the jeans, t-shirts & sneakers never were too far away.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    To me...Jimmy looks like a Goodfellas Gangster just starting out in his young age in that pic.....
    Oh, you saying I was a hoodlum? A thug? A criminal?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes LongTermGuy, Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

We sure have changed a lot over time. At least I think so. Much thinner! And my wife was still kind of in the end of the preppie stage. She still had those corny black and white shoes and cheerleader stuff and all kinds of weird things from the fraternity she was in while at VT. But I guess being married to me makes changes in ones self. Surprised she has any hair left! And as for me, don't matter, I was just a skinny bastard my whole life, but survived by knowing well how to fight and handle myself, and I grew a reputation for being a little crazy, but in a fun way.

I'd put up a 3rd of us side by side in current days, but not sure she wants to take a picture together let alone be in the same room with me. I was like 135 from like 10th grade until we married in 1994. Then came stress and eating and weight!! Made it to a record 224 probably last at that weight in like early 2017. Then hit the gym and eating well and stressful trips.... I'm now finally at a good weight of about 170 or so.

7. Likes Kathianne, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh, you saying I was a hoodlum? A thug? A criminal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

The woman saw the pictures and then handed me a few others, and this being one! Kiddo was born in Nov 2000, so this couldn't have been too much earlier! Like the hat? That's the punishment you get for getting a woman pregnant. At least I was a good sport about it! Hey, we got a fair amount of freebies to get started with the little one!

I remember that day clear as can be. I was still a smoker then. Of course went outside each time as no smoking was allowed in the restaurant. When in there, Diana's grandmother asks me for a smoke. Of course I give her anything, so I gave her one, expecting to go outside. Not grandma, she calls the young waiter over and asks for an ashtray. He tells her politely that there is no smoking allowed. She tells him something along the lines of "I'm 80 some odd years old, and I'm not going outside..." and basically told the guy I'm going to smoke in here anyway. I'm outside for a smoke, and through the window I see the guy handing her an ashtray and her lighting up! Grandma was awesome, and spoke like just off the boat from Italy, and loved to talk with people, so she got her way.

And woman, if you peek in here and see this photo? Haha, you were fat because of me!

10. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post