We already know how things are handled in harsher & strict sharia law areas. In those places, there is a very strict set of rules that go along with a woman accusing someone of sexual harassment or rape. Believe this or not - The rapist needs to confess OR there must be 4 male witnesses. If no witnesses - the woman is actually confessing to having sex. If she is married, it's now also adultery. Yeps, you just read all that correctly, I sure as shit didn't just make that up. That's some seriously disturbing laws if you ask me.

Oh, and perhaps you don't believe me, or think I'm exaggerating? How about verses from the quran and/or hadiths?

Quran (2:282) - Establishes that a woman's testimony is worth only half that of a man's in court

Quran (24:13) - "Why did they not bring four witnesses of it? But as they have not brought witnesses they are liars before Allah."

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..." There is no such thing as rape in marriage, as a man is permitted unrestricted sexual access to his wives.

Sahih Bukhari (5:59:462) - The background for the Quranic requirement of four witnesses to adultery. Muhammad's favorite wife, Aisha, was accused of cheating [on her polygamous husband]. Three witnesses corroborated the event, but Muhammad apparently did not want to believe it, and so established the arbitrary rule that four witnesses are required.

---

Nusrat Jahan Rafi: Burned to death for reporting sexual harassment

Nusrat Jahan Rafi was doused with kerosene and set on fire at her school in Bangladesh. Less than two weeks earlier, she had filed a sexual harassment complaint against her headmaster.

Her courage in speaking out against sexual assault, her death five days after being set alight and everything that happened in-between has gripped Bangladesh and brought attention to the vulnerability of sexual harassment victims in this conservative South Asian country.

Nusrat, who was 19, was from Feni, a small town 100 miles (160km) south of Dhaka. She was studying at a madrassa, or Islamic school. On 27 March, she said the headmaster called her into his office and repeatedly touched her in an inappropriate manner. Before things could go any further she ran out.

Many girls and young women in Bangladesh choose to keep their experiences of sexual harassment or abuse secret for fear of being shamed by society or their families. What made Nusrat Jahan different is that she didn't just speak out - she went to the police with the help of her family on the day the alleged abuse happened.

Rest - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47947117