Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default POTD, at my home poetry site....

Awarded Poem Of The Day (aka-POTD) at my home poetry site, today, 4-20-2019...

As I Walk Hard Narrow Path, Dust In My Mouth

I walk hard narrow path, dust in my mouth
    Just a poor farm-boy, born in the dear South,
    With edges slippery and turns so quick
    Oft so weary, too often so damn sick.

Trudging on through, into midnight's dark cast
    Praying my courage will forever last,
    And in my dreams, I meet my angel here
    She of sweetest heart and devoid of fear.

Each new sunset , I watch those red-burnt rays
    Muttering words, as only poor boy prays,
    In wind's soft blows, I hear, "patience rewards"
    Step thee lively, avoid the broken shards!

I walk hard narrow path, dust in my mouth
    Just a poor farm-boy, born in the dear South.

R.J. Lindley ,
    July 11th, 1973
    Sonnet, ( Working on the farm before sun-up until after sunset)

Note: I decided this morn, to bring this one right on out of my private journal.
    Hope you may enjoy it, as I wrote it at age 19..
    Any that worked on the farms in the 60-s, 70's, and 80's, will certainly get this..

Copyright © Robert Lindley | Year Posted 2019

I can never understand how they choose, as in the last week Ive posted several poems far better than this one-- in my opinion.
    Yet this struck a cord with the selection committee it seems.
    I think any of my 6 sonnets are better or either of my dark bliss poems dedicated to Poe.
    Not griping , just always perplexed at the choices they make when it comes to my poetry being honored.-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Sharing these comments made on my latest POTD award..
    These are all top poets at my home poetry site. The ones that live poetry and admire it as truest of the Arts.-Tyr

These are the comments made to date.

Parmenter Avatar
    Nina Parmenter
    Date: 4/21/2019 2:26:00 AM
    Wow, 19 year old Robert sure was talented! Nicely done boy, and congrats on POTD!
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/21/2019 9:27:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. Your congratulations are truly appreciated....

Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 4/21/2019 2:13:00 AM
    No better poem to be honoured than this one on this joyful day. Congratulations on POTD and a happy Easter to you. Tom.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/21/2019 9:26:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. I was a bit hesitant to post this one but I am now glad that I did.. Wishing you and yours a very happy Easter.

Buhagiar Avatar
    Victor Buhagiar
    Date: 4/20/2019 11:39:00 PM
    My congratulations for this poem showing you are a great poet. Happy Easter.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/21/2019 9:25:00 AM
    Thank you my dear friend. Wishing you and yours a very happy Easter!

Duet Avatar
    Carole Duet
    Date: 4/20/2019 10:00:00 PM
    As I read this early poem of yours I was brought right onto that dusty road with you, Robert. I am from the south too and I know farm life is hard, and it was especially hard back in those days. Who could have known that it would produce a great poet like yourself? Congratulations on receiving POTD and Happy Easter.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/21/2019 9:24:00 AM
    Thank you my dear friend. Despite the bad and false image Hollywood depicts of we Southerners, we are by and large the friendliest section of USA. And a great many of us are very educated/intelligent, even if they do not write poetry..

Ashley Avatar
    Susan Ashley
    Date: 4/20/2019 9:11:00 PM
    Your wondrous use of imagery, rhymes and emotion enlivens your poem is such a heartfelt and valiant way, Robert. A gritty portrayal of a stouthearted farm-boy. Congratulations on your wonderful and well deserved recognition with POTD honors, my wonderful friend. Warmest wishes always.. ~Susan
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/21/2019 9:21:00 AM
    Thank you my dear friend. I wrote that sonnet while looking back at those years of childhood toil on the farm. Now at age 65, I'd give almost anything to be young and on that farm again, even with its very hard work and long days!

McGreavy Avatar
    Maureen McGreavy
    Date: 4/20/2019 6:56:00 PM
    Wonderful piece Robert, congratulations on POTD honours, warm hugs my friend xomo
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 8:05:00 PM
    Thank you my dear friend. Your very kind words are always greatly appreciated. God bless......

Nicole Avatar
    Brandy Nicole
    Date: 4/20/2019 3:51:00 PM
    Your dedication is very inspiring. Working on a farm from sunrise, til sunset. Even in such conditions. I was born in the South as well. Beautiful Country Side indeed!! You have a wonderful heart my dear friend. Thank you for sharing this part of your world with all of us. Congratulations on Poem of the Day. ~ Brandy
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 5:17:00 PM
    Thank you my dear friend. Yes I had a feeling by your fine poetry that perhaps Southern blood flowed in your veins. Your congratulation is truly and very deeply appreciated..

McConnell Avatar
    Gordon McConnell
    Date: 4/20/2019 3:40:00 PM
    A fine write Robert, bringing back the years as a teenager so congratulations on being POTD. I worked on the farm late 60s early 70s but I'm in Scotland so our fields weren't so dry more a case of being damp and wet. Have a great Easter weekend, Gordon
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 5:15:00 PM
    Thank you my friend. Farm work is petty much hard the same way the world over. As reaping bounty from the soil is never an easy task.. As you know well of that truth..

Spock Avatar
    Son of Spock
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:59:00 PM
    Never worked on a farm but you painted it poetically for us.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 3:10:00 PM
    Thank you my fine friend. You are blessed to have never worked on a farm methinks. As it is extremely hard work. long hours and even sometimes dangerous in cases of working with heavy machinery, felling trees or not stopping in extreme heat- as oft the job must be done in order to get the full days work in each and every day.

Smile Avatar
    Sunshine Smile
    Date: 4/20/2019 1:20:00 PM
    - A well-deserved p.o.t.d. Robert ... I grew up in the country ... and have never been a "city lady" ... (.. I've never been rich either )) ... Congratulations !!! - Happy Easter - hugs // Anne-Lise
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:43:00 PM
    Thank you my dear friend. Your congratulations and happy Easter wishes are both wonderful gifts to this old poet. I could tell by your wonderful poetry that you had proud and beautiful country blood flowing within your poetic veins.

Pandit Avatar
    Vijay Pandit
    Date: 4/20/2019 12:36:00 PM
    In tradition of your wonderful writes..excellent poem Robert, as always, from your gifted pen. Heartfelt congratulations to you on poem of the day.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:40:00 PM
    Vijay my great friend. As always your comment is acknowledged as the true gift that it is. Thank you for your reading and commenting on my poetry.

Sharp Avatar
    Lawrence Sharp
    Date: 4/20/2019 10:53:00 AM
    Congratulations on POTD, very well deserved, my friend.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:39:00 PM
    Lawrence my dear friend, thank you so much for your congratulations and always your sincere support and most blessed friendship..

Warrior Avatar
    Winged Warrior
    Date: 4/20/2019 9:24:00 AM
    Dear Robert...at any age or at any farm...your writing is always impressive my friend...Congrats!!! on your POTD!!...Happy Easter!...^WW^
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:37:00 PM
    My dear friend, your very kind words and happy Easter wishes are both gifts that are greatly appreciated.

Gondolf Avatar
    John Gondolf
    Date: 4/20/2019 8:35:00 AM
    Robert, thanks for sharing one of your poems from the past. Your talent as a poet showed at an early age. Congrats on POTD. John
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:36:00 PM
    Thank you my friend. I had a wonderful teacher when I was young and was encouraged to write directly from the heart always..

Roper Avatar
    Eve Roper
    Date: 4/20/2019 8:24:00 AM
    Congratulations on your POTD, Robert. Have a blessed Easter! Hugs Eve~`*
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:34:00 PM
    Eve my dear friend, thank you so much for your congratulations and blessed Easter wishes!

May Avatar
    Joseph May
    Date: 4/20/2019 7:21:00 AM
    Hard work and patience brings rewards...Congrats on POTD Robert..
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:33:00 PM
    Joseph, thank you my friend. Your congrats are gladly received.

pederson Avatar
    douglas pederson
    Date: 4/20/2019 6:25:00 AM
    Indeed a well script of life. hardships and courage to continue. well deserved the POTD
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:32:00 PM
    Thank you my friend for your compliment and your very kind words...

Hobo Avatar
    Word Hobo
    Date: 4/20/2019 6:10:00 AM
    Congratulations on your worthy POTD Robert. Have a blessed Easter!
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:31:00 PM
    Thank you my great friend. Your happy wishes for Easter are greatly appreciated and cheerfully return in kind right back to you!

Kitchin Avatar
    Tania Kitchin
    Date: 4/20/2019 4:46:00 AM
    A great early gem from you, congratulations on POTD!
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:30:00 PM
    Thank you my friend. Yes, I was quite young when composing this piece. Seems centuries ago, now.

Trifiatis Avatar
    Demetrios Trifiatis
    Date: 4/20/2019 4:38:00 AM
    Congratulations dear Robert!
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:29:00 PM
    Demetrios, thank you my friend. I appreciate your kind words..

Riabi Dziri Avatar
    Besma Riabi Dziri
    Date: 4/20/2019 3:52:00 AM
    Back with hearty congratulations on your POTD, Robert.. A masterpiece worthy of the honour and recognition.. my warmest wishes. Blessings.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:27:00 PM
    My dear friend, your wonderful congratulation on this recognition is truly and deeply appreciated.

Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 4/20/2019 1:49:00 AM
    Lovely to see this honoured as POTD Robert, congratulations and a happy Easter to you. Tom.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:26:00 PM
    Thank you Tom for the congratulations and your well wishes for a happy Easter..

Marcum Wong Avatar
    Connie Marcum Wong
    Date: 4/20/2019 1:33:00 AM
    I can relate Robert. The weather has so much to do with how your day goes too. Your talent was evident at 19 and you have continued to grow and become a master. Congratulations on POTD. Have a blessed Easter my friend! xxoo
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/20/2019 2:25:00 PM
    Thanks for the congratulations my dear friend. At 19 , sometimes I tried not to write but the urge always won out.

PROXENOS Avatar
    JENNIFER PROXENOS
    Date: 4/19/2019 10:13:00 AM
    You describe your younger years on a farm with a powerful and poignant message Robert! I so enjoyed this write I now get what you meant by making notes! Poetry hugs my friend, Jennifer.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 11:48:00 AM
    Thank you my friend. I hope you consider the advice to be a bit of wisdom cheerfully given. Love your new pic...

Callus Avatar
    Paul Callus
    Date: 4/19/2019 6:59:00 AM
    Delete Block poet from commenting on your poetry
    I was brought up in the company of my grandparents and aunts whose work depended on their windmill and farm, Robert. Farming is no easy job, but it can be rewarding and satisfying. // This is a lovely sonnet which also merits a fav. Best regards, my friend. // paul
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:34:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. We both share memories of older family members that were farmers. So true, although hard work it can be rewarding, especially when bountiful harvests are reaped!

Riabi Dziri Avatar
    Besma Riabi Dziri
    Date: 4/19/2019 4:59:00 AM
    A boy reared by the hands of Nature, and on its wonders.. A boy who weathered the harsh side of Nature, guarded by his very angels.. can but reap such a wealth of soul and such a beauty of mind! Another precious pearl that inspires an avid reader! Thank you, Robert, for bringing out your beauties to shine in our hearts.. A fave. My deepest regards and blessings.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:32:00 AM
    Thank you my dear friend. Your inspiring poetry and your inspiring comments are both truly and deeply appreciated by this old and quite oft very tired poet.

Kiser Avatar
    M. L. Kiser
    Date: 4/18/2019 3:45:00 PM
    Such is farm life; or was in those days. My dad was raised on a farm where they had an old horse pulling the plow; not easy for a body to handle. Well penned.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:31:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. You and I each then had a dad that knew of such farming. When farming was extremely hard work and oft required strong backs, great muscles and tireless dedication to bringing in the harvest.

Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 4/18/2019 12:36:00 PM
    Sunrise to sunset with no fancy machinery like they have now. Lovely to reflect on years gone by Robert. Tom.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:28:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. Farm work was far harder back then it is now and modern machinery sees to that reality.

Sharp Avatar
    Lawrence Sharp
    Date: 4/18/2019 10:46:00 AM
    It's always good to see your early works, Robert, and this one is no exception. A very well painted image of a humble youth.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:27:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. I have written from heart and soul since my very first poem. Both light and truth being of extreme importance in poetry, I try to hold course to always embrace both firmly.

Michael Avatar
    Arturo Michael
    Date: 4/18/2019 8:10:00 AM
    Dust in my mouth...Could feel the sun on my back...you've captured a feeling in time...well done...
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:25:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. Your word are kind and your poetry a true gift to this site and a delight to read.

Hobo Avatar
    Word Hobo
    Date: 4/18/2019 6:24:00 AM
    Robert I have always admired the resourcefulness and sinewed character of those who grew up on farms. I always said a farmers vote should be counted thrice. Glad you found time to write poetry as well.
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 4/19/2019 8:24:00 AM
    Thank you my great friend. Such is true, farmers are caretakers of the soil. They work long and hard and are a very industrious and a most hardy breed. Truly appreciate your kind comments my friend.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 04-21-2019 at 10:00 AM.
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

4. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Our newest collaboration made 1. POTD honors and 2. the Top one hundred best new poems list.-Tyr

(1.)
    Poem of the Day - One New Poem a Day
    Read a fantastic new poem every day. The Poem of the Day is the highest rated poem from the previous day on **********. We use a special formula to determine the poem. A poem cannot be selected more than once as poem of the day. Also, the poem must have been posted within the past day (or so).

Apr 26, 2019 Love Was Sent, Treasure That Healed Two Crushed Hearts - A collaboration with Robert Lindley

(2.)
    Best New Poems | Popular Poems, May 01-2019
    The best and most popular new poems posted on PoetrySoup within the past MONTH. These are the top poems, by poet, as chosen by PoetrySoup members. Also see Top 100 Poems All-time and Top 100 Famous Poets - All Time .

Rank PoemTitle Poet
    1 Imagine This Andrea Dietrich
    2 Orange Blossoms Dale Gregory Cozart
    3 FAVOURITE POEM Ann Gilmour
    4 Ribbon of Joy Nina Parmenter
    5 Sweet Youth Connie Marcum Wong
    6 DANDELION WISH nette onclaud
    7 Who Am I - Resurrected Winged Warrior
    8 Wretched Grief Victor Buhagiar
    9 I Live With Only Life To Give clean for Soup Nick Trim
    10 Eve's Rib Michelle Faulkner
    11 Dandelion moves on Debjani Mitra
    12 NO MORE CLOWNING AROUND JAN ALLISON
    13 Shiver Me Timbers Geoffrey Brewer
    14 Let Their Dreams Not Die Subimal Sinha-Roy
    15 The Dandy of Lions Evelyn Judy Buehler
    16 Laughter Janice Canerdy
    17 Reginald Dodds Gary Smith
    18 Sunset Jo Daniel
    19 Where's The Beef Carol Connell
    20 The Dreamer - A Visual Video Poem Maria Williams

21 Love Was Sent, Treasure That Healed Two Crushed Hearts - A collaboration with Robert Lindley Susan Ashley

22 Dandelions Paul Callus
    23 Some hearts are meant to say goodbye Silent One
    24 Butterfly in My Pocket Richard Lamoureux
    25 Unreachable Brandy Nicole
    26 Cut To The Wick Maureen McGreavy
    27 Love Was Sent, Treasure That Healed Two Crushed Hearts, A Collaboration with Susan Ashley Robert Lindley
    28 An Abiding Thirst To Quench And Admire Besma Riabi Dziri
    29 WHO WILL I BE TOMORROW JENNIFER PROXENOS
    30 Metaphorically speaking Vijay Pandit
    This is rare, as I have never seen a collaboration be doubly shown(as in split and shown under both author's name) on the best new poems list.
    As usually they pick to award it under the first poet that presented it at the poetry site. Susan presented in about 15 minutes before I did, which had I asked her to present first, because she had not presented poem in about 7 weeks prior..-Tyr

Love Was Sent, Treasure That Healed Two Crushed Hearts,
    A Collaboration with Susan Ashley

Life shattered, soul crushed, another one has perished
    once gone from this world was all she ever cherished
    No amazing and joyful tales to tell the kids
    just naked silence, from raging of black rapids
    From heavens above, truest of gifts handed down
    romance sent, from He that wears faith's eternal crown.

In that gloom and doom came our Spring's resplendent morn
    Love, joyful sound of Living, thus we were reborn

Love, its Lights flamed, happiness needs no explaining
    summer warmth came from darkness rapidly waning
    O' what glory, shall your heart forever hold mine
    our sweet blessing, came from angelic hands divine
    Within nights, kisses that sated our hot desires
    came oaths of eternal love that never expires.

Our soaring passions’ pure as nightingale’s song
    enrapturing seduction righted what was wrong
    upon our heartstrings’ twilight music we did fly
    as supernova lusts did unfurl ‘cross the sky -
    scintillating stardust showered us with magic
    our souls’ kissed in sparkling bliss since events tragic.

Dreamy nectar - ripened wine, whetted revival
    as I sipped upon your essence for survival
    rousing the wild-honey luscious look in your eyes
    behind ambrosial mist passionate beauty lies
    on thirsty tongues of fire we burned ‘till morning’s light
    melting past the pain in moonflower swirls of night

Robert J. Lindley and Susan Ashley
    (a collaboration), April 24, 2019

Poet’s note: My dear friend, it always a great honor for me to be able to collaborate with you and truly enjoy your inspirational verses!
    Such a blessing is to me a very precious gift you give me and my appreciation is sincere and honest in this my admiration for both your
    great friendship and your magnificent poetry talents!
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 05-01-2019 at 05:55 AM.

6. Thanks Russ thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie, LongTermGuy, Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Congrats Robert!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

8. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy, Russ thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Congrats Robert!
    Thank you Abbey.
    11 days ago my sonnet titled "As I Walk Hard Narrow Path, Dust In My Mouth", made Poem Of The Day, just prior to that my previous collaboration with my great friend Lawrence Sharpe, made top one hundred Best New Poems list and Poem Of The Day as well.
    -Tyr

Previous Poems of the Day
    Date PoemTitle Poet Form
    May 1, 2019 The Foothills Felt No Breeze Lawrence Sharp Free verse
    Apr 30, 2019 Some hearts are meant to say goodbye Silent One Free verse
    Apr 29, 2019 The Dreamer - A Visual Video Poem Maria Williams Rhyme
    Apr 28, 2019 On The Canvas -TET Sunshine Smile Tetractys
    Apr 27, 2019 Winter To Spring - TET Tom Cunningham Tetractys
    Apr 26, 2019 Love Was Sent, Treasure That Healed Two Crushed Hearts - A collaboration with Robert Lindley Susan Ashley Rhyme
    Apr 25, 2019 ONLY YOU Lyric Man Lyric
    Apr 24, 2019 IN CHRIST Brian Strand Bio
    Apr 23, 2019 On Being Alone Panagiota Romios Free verse
    Apr 22, 2019 A Tribute To Victor Buhagiar Pixie Dust Free verse
    Apr 21, 2019 Hallelujah, What a Savior Dave Timperley Rhyme
    Apr 20, 2019 As I Walk Hard Narrow Path, Dust In My Mouth Robert Lindley Sonnet

10. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

This new poem, has been awarded Poem of the Day, at my home poetry site-- 7-21-2019...

Prayer For Her, This Wounded Heart Healed

Please keep this dream in my lost life
    remove painful sting and life filled with strife
    Let her dance and sing another sweet tune
    as I hold her under this, merciful God's moon.

An excerpt from: "As I Hold Her Under This, Merciful God's Moon"
    (written 7/26/2015)
    Previously For- Your Best Poem #2 contest, sponsor Shadow Hamilton

Now Submitted for contest: July 19, 2019
    Contest: Arbitrium Divisa 3
    Sponsor: Gregory R Barden

12. Likes jimnyc, Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

This morn I was notified that my new poem posted yesterday afternoon had been chosen as POTD== "Poem Of The Day".
    I had written it for a contest, then found out my error as the twenty titles to be refitted as verses were supposed to be of other poets at the site, not ones own titles.. Thus this would not qualify per contest rules. Was ill, came back later to rewrite a poem then saw the contest had closed.
    Decided to go ahead and post this creation and see what other poets thought of it.
    Their comments made on it are shown below.--Tyr

Where Mind Soul And Pen, Often Dance And Play

In a sad blindness, one may yet find hope
    Sweet romance is in truth a healing balm
    What in Life, can we truly ever hold
    True to Heart, an old poet's solemn vow?

Drowned in passionate depths of our deep love
    Come to me Love, so that tender heart swells
    O' broken heart, tis now thy time to mend
    In thy love-realm I would gladly live and die!

Caressing Virgin soil, with soft caring hands
    I beg to yet again kiss thy sweet precious lips
    As cool winds grace soft emerging twilight
    Where Nature's beauty and man's design meet.

There Winter's lonely fallows deeply dream
    Where weeping willows in silent peace grow
    Seeds sprouted from deep within mother Earth
    Fair maiden, forever this true love holds.

Wide eyes absorbing true magical scene
    Waterfalls in rainbows where we shall play
    I am laid bare, naked with nothing to hide
    Shall we believe in that promise forsworn?

Robert J. Lindley, 8-27-2019
    Verse

Note: This poem was composed from titles of my own poems, for the twenty title contest. Only after composing did I see that it was to be titles of other poet friends. Intended to rewrite but was very ill for several days, forgot and saw the contest closed before I could rewrite using my poet friends' poem titles. I wish I had read the contest instructions better, But still I decided to keep it as is and post it. My mistake but I had truly great fun going over hundreds of my poems to find these twenty titles.

Post Comments posted to this poem so far.. -Tyr
    Please Login to post a comment
    Nicole Avatar
    Brandy Nicole
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:52:00 PM

Reading over your own poetry in such a way, then placing thoughts together like this- you can truly feel the words even more. They hold a deeper meaning than before. You can see how you have grown. I am happy that you have written this and decided to post my dear friend. You have Created a Masterpiece. The theme is this for me- is: "True Love is Forever" Congratulations Robert, on Poem of the Day. Brandy
    Login to Reply
    Ibeh Avatar
    Edward Ibeh
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:49:00 PM

Now look what you done did, Rob:-) You've seamlessly woven your poem titles to create a POTD-worthy masterwork! A well-deserved win, for sure. Heartiest congratulations!
    Login to Reply
    Kekaula Avatar
    William Kekaula
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:23:00 PM

An amazing write--witty, my compliments indeed on POTD ~ Aloha William
    Login to Reply
    Raven Avatar
    Vladislav Raven
    Date: 8/29/2019 12:40:00 PM

Hi Robert, another wonderful write from your golden pen. Your titles are always special and placed together, they make a very special poem. Robert, Congratulations on your Poem Of The Day honour, with this special piece. Have a wonderful Thursday. Your friend always....Mike.
    Login to Reply
    McGee Avatar
    Jeanne McGee
    Date: 8/29/2019 12:03:00 PM

It came together really nice. Congrats on POTD
    Login to Reply
    Wanter Avatar
    Sunlite Wanter
    Date: 8/29/2019 9:46:00 AM

Don't know how you did it! Congratulations!
    Login to Reply
    storrier Avatar
    tracy storrier
    Date: 8/29/2019 9:37:00 AM
    B
    lovely poem Robert, congrats on POTD, many thanks for sharing ) x
    Login to Reply
    Buhagiar Avatar
    Victor Buhagiar
    Date: 8/29/2019 9:24:00 AM

My congratulations for your delightful poem and POTD.
    Login to Reply
    Adams Avatar
    Sandy Adams
    Date: 8/29/2019 9:23:00 AM

great penning, your titles meshed together to make a beautiful poem...congrats on POTD honors
    Login to Reply
    Doll Avatar
    Warren Doll
    Date: 8/29/2019 8:41:00 AM

Robert, great poem. Congratulations on POTD. All the best~ Warren
    Login to Reply
    Toney Avatar
    Mark Toney
    Date: 8/29/2019 8:33:00 AM

This is AWESOME Robert! Congratulations on Poem of the Day. ~Mark
    Login to Reply
    ALLISON Avatar
    JAN ALLISON
    Date: 8/29/2019 7:58:00 AM

I don't think you could have written a better piece from the titles of other poets! Many congratulations on your potd robert:-) hugs Jan x
    Login to Reply
    Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 8/29/2019 7:43:00 AM

Another brilliant write Robert, you never disappoint with your poetry. A well deserved POTD honour. Tom
    Login to Reply
    Pandit Avatar
    Vijay Pandit
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:54:00

You always shine Robert, no matter the form or theme. This poem is an excellent example..kudos to your innovative abilities..AND BIG congrats on poem of the day.
    Login to Reply
    Riabi Dziri Avatar
    Besma Riabi Dziri
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:38:00 AM

Always a great pleasure reading your poetry, Robert.. a beauty and a unique light flowing from the depth of your words! A poetry that touches hearts and awakens souls! Congratulations on your POTD! Worthy of the honour and recognition.. My deepest regards and blessings.
    Login to Reply
    Shaw Avatar
    Indiana Shaw
    Date: 8/29/2019 6:28:00 AM

No contest needed to enter Robert, plain to see this is a winning poem, glad to see it highlighted on POTD . . . ; )
    Login to Reply
    Hobo Avatar
    Word Hobo
    Date: 8/29/2019 5:56:00 AM

Congratulations Robert on your superb POTD. Farewell & God bless you my kind friend. george
    Login to Reply
    Smile Avatar
    Sunshine Smile
    Date: 8/29/2019 5:19:00 AM

- Bravo - Congratulations on your p.o.t.d ! - hugs // Anne-Lise
    Login to Reply
    Warrior Avatar
    Winged Warrior
    Date: 8/29/2019 4:55:00 AM

Congratulations on POTD!!! My masterful friend...such deserving honors Robert...^WW^
    Login to Reply
    Marcum Wong Avatar
    Connie Marcum Wong
    Date: 8/28/2019 2:37:00 PM

I read this late last night Robert and I was so sleepy I thought I commented on it but I see I did not. This is really spectacular and I think that you should add a note at the bottom that this poem is made from poetry titles because it makes it even more impressive knowing that! This would have been a huge winner had you entered it in time Robert. I love it and I am faving it! xxoo
    Login to Reply
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 8/29/2019 4:27:00 AM

Thank you my friend. I have now added that note. My mistake in composition yielded this poem and although I missed out entering contest, I still have this new creation.
    Spock Avatar
    Son of Spock
    Date: 8/28/2019 1:36:00 PM

I, for one, firmly believe in the promises forsworn, that we will have many happy reunions in paradise. Nice write robert
    Login to Reply
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 8/29/2019 4:25:00 AM

Thank you my friend. Truth is its own reward.
    Sharp Avatar
    Lawrence Sharp
    Date: 8/27/2019 11:25:00 PM

Emotive and mystical, and delivered with your own unique classical mastery; very impressive poetry, my friend, as always.
    Login to Reply
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 8/28/2019 4:45:00 AM
    Thank you my friend. Always great to hear from you ...
    Hobo Avatar
    Word Hobo
    Date: 8/27/2019 3:55:00 PM

Thoughtful reflections Robert. Indeed we are surrounded by magical wonders if we would only open our eyes.
    Login to Reply
    Lindley Avatar
    Robert Lindley
    Date: 8/28/2019 4:44:00 AM

Thank you my friend. We are oft blinded to such by our daily grind, our ambitions and our struggle to get ahead in this dark world.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 08-29-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Received email notice that my new poem, one that I posted yesterday was chosen as Poem Of The Day
    at my home poetry site. Below is the poem and the comments given on it so far.--Tyr

As You Have Your Cup Of Joe, Each New Morn

As you have your cup of Joe, each new morn
    Think of Life as dawn in glory is born
    See those gleaming rays sun casts in its glow
    For this world does daily its splendor show.

If you want more, try to hear birds singing
    For Mother Nature her gift is bringing
    Greater joy and beauty that pleases man
    As was its call and in God's divine plan.

As day flows forth with its many treasures
    Consider Love's gifts, its deepest pleasures
    Under soft moon and with her heart so true
    Give thanks for sweet kisses as they accrue.

As you have your cup of Joe, each new morn.
    Think of Life as dawn in glory is born.

Robert J. Lindley, 9-29-2019
    Sonnet, ( Early Morn, Drinking Coffee, Watching The Birds Play )

Post Comments
    HTML Code NOT allowed - Text Only

Kingston Avatar
    Wayne Kingston
    Date: 10/1/2019 11:57:00 PM
    good morning POTD indeed!

Smith Avatar
    Michelle Smith
    Date: 10/1/2019 9:17:00 PM
    sweetness

Ashley Avatar
    Susan Ashley
    Date: 10/1/2019 7:07:00 PM
    My dear friend, your beautiful sonnet gleams with beauty and appreciation for Love’s treasures and Nature’s pleasures. Your wondrous poem is a lovely gift of shining imagery, emotion and gratitude, Robert. A lustrous gem added to your poetic crown. Congratulations on your wonderful and well deserved recognition with POTD honors, Robert. Warmest wishes always my inspiring friend.. ~Susan

Adams Avatar
    Sandra Adams
    Date: 10/1/2019 6:14:00 PM
    beautiful penning...congratulations on your POTD honors

Nicole Avatar
    Brandy Nicole
    Date: 10/1/2019 5:38:00 PM
    You paint such beautiful images with your words my dear friend. I am swept away in the moment. "Watching The Birds Play, at Early Morn". Your thoughts lift my heart. Congratulations Robert, on Poem of the Day. Brandy

ALLISON Avatar
    JAN ALLISON
    Date: 10/1/2019 4:37:00 PM
    What a sweet poem, I am not a coffee fan I rarely drink it but love the poem, many congrats on potd:-) hugs Jan xx

Buhagiar Avatar
    Victor Buhagiar
    Date: 10/1/2019 4:06:00 PM
    I am very happy this poem was awarded a much deserved POTD. My congratulations.

Spock Avatar
    Son of Spock
    Date: 10/1/2019 2:31:00 PM
    My wife and I have calculated that she's been given over 10 million kisses... Still accruing. Nice potd

Wanter Avatar
    Sunlite Wanter
    Date: 10/1/2019 12:17:00 PM
    To have those thoughts while having your Joe is a true blessing. Congratulations to you.

Warrior Avatar
    Winged Warrior
    Date: 10/1/2019 12:03:00 PM
    A master drinks his coffee enjoying the morning view and writes poetry...very tranquil...Congrats!! my dear friend on POTD!!...maybe someday I'll join for a cup Robert...^WW^ )

Michael Avatar
    Arturo Michael
    Date: 10/1/2019 8:32:00 AM
    Peaceful...A lovely write...Congratulations my brother...You deserve this and more...All the best

McGreavy Avatar
    Maureen McGreavy
    Date: 10/1/2019 7:25:00 AM
    This, marries so well with my coffee this morning Robert, cheers! Absolutely wonderful piece, congratulations for your POTD honours my friend. xomo!

PROXENOS Avatar
    JENNIFER PROXENOS
    Date: 10/1/2019 7:14:00 AM
    Back with congrats dear Robert on your excellent write for which POTD was bestowed upon you. Hugs and blessings, Jennifer,

Hobo Avatar
    Word Hobo
    Date: 10/1/2019 6:58:00 AM
    An invigorating sip of poetry this morning Robert. Congrats on your POTD. Take care . . .

May Avatar
    Bobby May
    Date: 10/1/2019 4:47:00 AM
    Nicely Done Robert congratulations on POTD

Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 10/1/2019 3:20:00 AM
    A lovely read to start ones day and of course a cup of Joe. Beautiful sonnet Robert. Excellent choice for POTD. Tom.

Riabi Dziri Avatar
    Besma Riabi Dziri
    Date: 9/29/2019 3:18:00 PM
    With every born dawn there's a rebirth of a poet whose ink never cease to amaze.. enlighten.. and enliven souls.. a poet with a true heart filled with the beauty of poetry! So pleased to read your profound poem, Robert.. A sparking gem and a FAV.. my deepest regards and blessings.

Squyres Avatar
    Debra Squyres
    Date: 9/29/2019 1:33:00 PM
    On my second cup... sun is shining in all it's glory!! Life is good.. thankful. Enjoyed this uplifting poem.

PROXENOS Avatar
    JENNIFER PROXENOS
    Date: 9/29/2019 1:06:00 PM
    Hi Robert, A charming poem of an early morn, and one's first cup of coffee. Your words weave a poem of beauty I( I am completely addicted to a cup of joe more than first thing in the morn!)- well penned my friend. Hugs and blessings, Jennifer.

Romios Avatar
    Panagiota Romios
    Date: 9/29/2019 11:28:00 AM
    Ah, a poem of deep beauty. Have to Fave this. The delicacy and intricacy of the lines are breathtaking. Bless you... Panagiotaxxx
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 10-02-2019 at 08:32 AM.

15. Thanks LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Received email notice that my new poem, one that I posted yesterday was chosen as Poem Of The Day
    at my home poetry site. Below is the poem and the comments given on it so far.--Tyr

Below is the poem of the day entitled In Love, Our Romance Flows In Kissing Streams Poets Tribute Series, fourth poet, Lord Byron which was written by poet Robert Lindley.

Form: Romanticism |
    In Love, Our Romance Flows In Kissing Streams Poets Tribute Series, fourth poet, Lord Byron

In Love, Our Romance Flows In Kissing Streams,
    Poets Tribute Series, fourth poet, Lord Byron

Claim I, thy wondrous heart into sweet dreams,
    And in that soft glowing realm we slow dance;
    In Love, our romance flows in kissing streams,
    As Cupid's well-shot arrows took no chance.
    From this teeming earth we dwell in pleasures,
    While life lays golden bounty at our feet;
    We wake to dawn's glory- its great treasures,
    Finding welcome cheer in all that we meet.
    Sky awards us its most heavenly blues,
    Nature cries out its joy to our pairing,
    Flowers parade forth their brightest of hues,
    Our faithful Love is in this, our Sharing.

In our dreams we are eternally slow-dancing.
    In our bedroom, eternally true-romancing.

We are bound as kind souls forever true,
    As a bird pair, that in blue heavens soars;
    You touched my hand and then deep Love I knew,
    Triumphs beyond paradise's hidden shores.
    This our great blessing, a gift preordained,
    Its gleaming morns, as bright as shining dew,
    May we this true bliss forever retain
    Beauty, as our sweet longings we renew.
    Come to me Love- let thy hand seeketh mine
    Allow yet again, lips that beg thy touch,
    For within thy glow, I too can soft shine,
    Souls at peace, cherishing life very much.

In our dreams we are eternally slow-dancing.
    In our bedroom, eternally true-romancing.

Robert J. Lindley, 11-01-2019
    Romanticism, ( Poet's Tribute Series, Lord Byron )

Post Comments
    O.J. Hunt Avatar
    Keith O.J. Hunt
    Date: 11/3/2019 8:36:00 PM
    Came back to congratulate you on POTD;-)

Nicole Avatar
    Brandy Nicole
    Date: 11/3/2019 6:12:00 PM
    Oh my, I love everything about this. Romance drips from your talented pen, my dear friend. You capture every moment, the mood- the feeling of love as it caressing the heart, the mind- and the entire being. I shall place this in my favorites. Congratulations Robert, on Poem of the Day. Wonderful tribute to Lord Byron. Brandy

Marcum Wong Avatar
    Connie Marcum Wong
    Date: 11/3/2019 5:59:00 PM
    Robert, I commented on this wonderful tribute about my favorite poet of all time last night but it showed up under TS replies, so I am commenting again to congratulate you on POTD! I put this romantic poem into my favorites Robert. It is simply exquisite! xxoo

Toney Avatar
    Mark Toney
    Date: 11/3/2019 5:15:00 PM
    Awesome, Robert! Congratulations on Poem of the Day! ~Mark

Kingston Avatar
    Wayne Kingston
    Date: 11/3/2019 4:33:00 PM
    Keats, Dickinson, now Byron...a master reigns on PS. POTD, nay, POTY!!! )

Edmonds Avatar
    Beryl Edmonds
    Date: 11/3/2019 2:17:00 PM
    Wonderful and romantic, congratulations on being POTD. ~ Beryl

Cooke Avatar
    Chantelle Anne Cooke
    Date: 11/3/2019 12:34:00 PM
    Congratulations on POTD!

ALLISON Avatar
    JAN ALLISON
    Date: 11/3/2019 12:29:00 PM
    so beautiful and romantic Robert, many congrats on POTD:-) hugs Jan xx

Sands Avatar
    Heidi Sands
    Date: 11/3/2019 12:28:00 PM
    Congratulations for POTD

Goldsmith Avatar
    Paula Goldsmith
    Date: 11/3/2019 11:05:00 AM
    Congratulations on your POTD. Your pen does not flow with ink it flows with love...

Pandit Avatar
    Vijay Pandit
    Date: 11/3/2019 10:46:00 AM
    Congrats Robert on a well deserved poem of the day.

Wanter Avatar
    Sunlite Wanter
    Date: 11/3/2019 10:35:00 AM
    Robert, I could read this over and over again and never get weary. It exudes love. Congratulations!

Wiishkobi Ode Avatar
    Dear Heart - Wiishkobi Ode
    Date: 11/3/2019 10:30:00 AM
    Robert, congratulations on your deserving POTD, wonderful honor !

May Avatar
    Joseph May
    Date: 11/3/2019 9:26:00 AM
    A romantic tribute Robert, Well written, Congrats on POTD

Roper Avatar
    Eve Roper
    Date: 11/3/2019 8:16:00 AM
    Beautiful and romantic, congratulations on POTD. Hugs eve

McGreavy Avatar
    Maureen McGreavy
    Date: 11/3/2019 8:02:00 AM
    Lovely done my friend, congratulations on POTD! xomo

Poetry Avatar
    TS Poetry
    Date: 11/3/2019 7:54:00 AM
    Your romantic pen glides effortlessly Robert... beauty... congratulations

Warrior Avatar
    Winged Warrior
    Date: 11/3/2019 7:35:00 AM
    Exquisite delivery my dear friend...Robert Lindley style...Congrats!! on POTD!! you do us proud...^WW^ )

Smile Avatar
    Sunshine Smile
    Date: 11/3/2019 7:30:00 AM
    - A beautiful tribute, Robert - Congratulations on yours p.o.t.d. - hugs // Anne-Lise

Parmenter Avatar
    Nina Parmenter
    Date: 11/3/2019 7:13:00 AM
    Oh what better excuse is there for a bit of all-out romance and full-on nineteenth century-type “poetic” language than a tribute to Byron! I enjoyed this little indulgence!

Michael Avatar
    Arturo Michael
    Date: 11/3/2019 7:06:00 AM
    CONGRATULATIONS Robert on POTD....

Spock Avatar
    Son of Spock
    Date: 11/3/2019 6:38:00 AM
    Hey Robert nice to see you here old chap. Romantic bliss

One Avatar
    Silent One
    Date: 11/3/2019 6:12:00 AM
    If there was ever a poem deserving of POTD, then this is it.... congrats my friend.

Adams Avatar
    Sandra Adams
    Date: 11/3/2019 5:22:00 AM
    Back to say congratulations my friend on your POTD

Chiri Avatar
    Brenda Chiri
    Date: 11/3/2019 4:49:00 AM
    Wonderful Robert your words are always music to my ears! Congrats on potd my friend!

Shaw Avatar
    Indiana Shaw
    Date: 11/3/2019 3:56:00 AM
    This one I am sure will have Lord Byron turning in his grave . . . ; )

O.J. Hunt Avatar
    Keith O.J. Hunt
    Date: 11/2/2019 4:46:00 PM
    Magnifico Robert! Was pure bliss to read...You captured Byron's longing spirit very well; double- bravo my friend;-) BTW I am back and going to post a poem or two. I can't retrieve soupmails --- you need to reach me via comments or email.

Romios Avatar
    Panagiota Romios
    Date: 11/2/2019 3:56:00 PM
    Divine, Poetry as always, Love the last two lines...how true. Must FAV. Such a top notch Let you are Panagiota

One Avatar
    Silent One
    Date: 11/2/2019 7:39:00 AM
    So many romantic lines that flow so well.. you are a master to this form..

There Avatar
    Hello There
    Date: 11/1/2019 10:08:00 PM
    This is absolutely lovely, Robert ~ Dreamy and tender with a touch of heat, showing a longing to experience, once again, all that is paradise... eyes wide open <3

Raven Avatar
    Vladislav Raven
    Date: 11/1/2019 11:51:00 AM
    Hi Robert, another tribute that sings of the glory of a master poet, a song sung bu the soups master poet. Excellent in every way my friend, Your words sing into the heart and touch the soul so gently. These works in your series are excellent, written by a poet of your stature, how could they not be. It is always my honour and pleasure to drop by your words Robert. They sing in moonlight my friend. A fave. Have a wonderful Friday. Your friend always....Mike.

Michael Avatar
    Arturo Michael
    Date: 11/1/2019 11:03:00 AM
    Constantly Making Love...Very nice Robert

Adams Avatar
    Sandra Adams
    Date: 11/1/2019 10:26:00 AM
    such a beautiful tribute by your gifted pen my friend... hugs

Cunningham Avatar
    Tom Cunningham
    Date: 11/1/2019 10:21:00 AM
    Your tributes to the great poets are to be admired Robert. So well written. Tom.

Buhagiar Avatar
    Victor Buhagiar
    Date: 11/1/2019 8:20:00 AM
    Your verse moves so smoothly, one cannot but admire the tribute you pay to a great poet.
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 11-03-2019 at 11:30 PM.

17. Thanks icansayit, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Pardon my French Robert...

DAMN.....They're all great. I'm not much of a poetry fan, but You Are The Man! Congrats!
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

19. Thanks Russ, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post