Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Atheists Exploit Holy Week to Claim ‘Jesus Did Not Exist’

Why? I don't get atheists. You are more than free to believe and disbelieve in whatever you want. But why the never-ending goal of proving things 'wrong' in Christianity? Why the continual need to jab at those that DO believe? How about you don't believe, and do your own thing and leave us alone, and we'll do our thing and leave you alone? Not good enough? You need to scoff at religion, almost exclusively Christians.

---

Atheists Exploit Holy Week to Claim ‘Jesus Did Not Exist’

Professional atheists and God-slayers love to target important Christian feasts to try their hand at debunking the foundations of Christianity, and this Easter is no different.

Writing for Raw Story, former evangelical Christian Valerie Tarico and atheist activist David Fitzgerald teamed up this Holy Week to insist that “the evidence that Jesus ever existed is weaker than you might think.”

Comparing belief in Jesus Christ to “witchcraft, bigfoot, [and] the idea that an American president was born in Kenya,” the two would-be myth-busters attempt to take down Jesus of Nazareth by undermining his very existence.

“The Christ at the heart of Christianity is a figure woven from the fabric of mythology,” they state. “The stories that bear his name draw on ancient templates imbedded in the Hebrew religion and those of the surrounding region.”

If Jesus even existed and was not the aggregation of various persons, they affirm, “he probably was a wandering Jewish teacher in Roman-occupied Judea who offended the authorities and was executed.”

“Beyond that, any knowledge about the figure at the center of the Christian religion is remarkably open to debate (and vigorously debated among relevant scholars),” they confidently assert.

Rest - https://www.breitbart.com/faith/2019...did-not-exist/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Yeah, but just you do the same at a mosque on ANY day, much a Muslim Unholy Day.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

I feel sorry for people like this. They have no hope, and it manifests in their anger and compulsion to try to tear down what they don’t have. If they were content, they would just live and let live. Instead, they are being used by Satan

Christianity is being attacked from all sides, as we march inexorably towards end times.
    It is foretold and is going to get much, much worse.

Thank God, we win.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I feel sorry for people like this. They have no hope, and it manifests in their anger and compulsion to try to tear down what they don’t have. If they were content, they would just live and let live. Instead, they are being used by Satan

Christianity is being attacked from all sides, as we march inexorably towards end times.
    It is foretold and is going to get much, much worse.

Thank God, we win.
    Yeah, screw them. F-n haters just GOTTA hate.

S-o-o-o ....

Rugrat lineup for Easter Sunday. Hope I can get some pics but it'll be a 3-ring circus, as usual. Little one decked out. Short sleeve shirt, tie, "dress" shorts and little dress shoes. And HE got off light. LOL. The 10 and 6 years olds are Bobsey Twins. You KNOW the 10 years old is just in love with THAT crap Ash should dress the 15 years old, pansy-ass stepson the same as the girls

And they don't have an option. "Mama-san" (my daughter) works at the Sunday School
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Yeah, but just you do the same at a mosque on ANY day, much a Muslim Unholy Day.

My friend....No comparison.....Not even close.....I dont have to explain...I know you know.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Why? I don't get atheists. You are more than free to believe and disbelieve in whatever you want. But why the never-ending goal of proving things 'wrong' in Christianity? Why the continual need to jab at those that DO believe? How about you don't believe, and do your own thing and leave us alone, and we'll do our thing and leave you alone? Not good enough? You need to scoff at religion, almost exclusively Christians.
    Can’t speak for American atheists - but personally I was made to go through year after year of being taught that Christianity was gospel truth through state mandated schooling. So the whole ‘leave is alone and we’ll leave you alone’ sort of breaks down there.
    Last edited by Noir; 04-21-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    If you also agree that an animals suffering should be avoided rather than encouraged, consider what steps you can take.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Can’t speak for American atheists - but personally I was made to go through year after year of being taught that Christianity was gospel truth through state mandated schooling. So the whole ‘leave is alone and we’ll leave you alone’ sort of breaks down there.
    Regardless, you went there and had to deal with it, I don't know what any alternatives were. But once out of school, there's no reason to turn around and lecture and/or deny things like this to Christians. If anything, I can see anger or questioning towards those who directed things at you - but still no reason to turn around and do to others. So I don't believe it breaks down there, as none of that should then be projected to all of christianity.

I was kinda 'forced' to go to catechism and make my communion and confirmation and quite a many years within the church. I don't turn around then and try to lecture those who don't believe or prove them wrong or any of that jazz. Sure, there are others that are pushy, and I don't care at all for that either. To me religion is personal and one's connection with God. I like to see other folks believe and understand, and for those that don't, so be it. So yeah, I don't like folks popping up here and there, only or IRL, who try to "teach" or prove my beliefs wrong.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock