38 Post(s)

Default Want To Know How SMALL You Are?

2. Thanks LongTermGuy, darin thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy, darin, Russ liked this post
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Boggles my mind to think people believe this happened by accident.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

4. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter, STTAB thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darin View Post
    Boggles my mind to think people believe this happened by accident.
    I honestly don't know how it all started, which is a terrible thing to say as a Christian. But for some being, some entity, deity or whatever, GOD, to have created all this, and I'm sure there's more that we just can't see yet, the amount of POWER it would take, I can't wrap my head around that. If God did create it all, then so be it. I never said he didn't, I just said I find it hard to believe, not unbelievable. But videos like this amaze me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I honestly don't know how it all started, which is a terrible thing to say as a Christian. But for some being, some entity, deity or whatever, GOD, to have created all this, and I'm sure there's more that we just can't see yet, the amount of POWER it would take, I can't wrap my head around that. If God did create it all, then so be it. I never said he didn't, I just said I find it hard to believe, not unbelievable. But videos like this amaze me.
    Just simple science would seem to indicate that it is MUCH more likely that someone designed our solar system , our universe, our planet, our species , than it is that some giant cosmic accident just happened to result in such.

7. Likes Russ liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    Just simple science would seem to indicate that it is MUCH more likely that someone designed our solar system , our universe, our planet, our species , than it is that some giant cosmic accident just happened to result in such.
    Well, outer space is a very hostile place. Black holes, pulsars, areas where time and space are bent, radiation, it sure wasn't designed for us to be out and about in. But just to consider the amount of power it would take to create ONE planet, and then think about the power it would take to create the visible universe. We can't even begin to quantify it. I don't think our brain is even capable of conceiving it. It's beyond our imagination even. So where did it all come from? I don't think we'll ever know. I don't think there's any real way to find out, other than dying. I think there's other planes of existence. I think that's where heaven is.
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 04-23-2019 at 09:36 AM.