Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post
    .....All Calm and quite Abbey...as expected...We all can see the good normal threads and posts...have dropped on this site...We all know Jims..a good guy...Jim needs to get rid of that filthy thread wrecking cancer "Scabb" ...it has infected the site...Its an on going back and fourth thing ...People are tired and "bored" of it....

**Jim knows what must be done...other wise we can all sit back and post elsewhere and drop in here once in awhile....quietly watching this great site ROT....To bad....

**You "Mods" want change...and the regular good long-term posters back....Talk to Jimmy Boy...a good man who must make a decision...
    Posting is the same, other than me starting daily threads as I have been busy the last 2 days.

Again, NO DECISION is going to be made - other than reminding you guys of the cage - and the fact you control your ignore abilities. If you choose not to, then don't expect me to do so. It's simply not happening.

It's 3 long term members, yes. If you're going to bail because I won't ban someone of your choice, then I am quite sorry to hear that, but it's not changing my stance. And for fucks sake, you had ONE post moved - and I even stated that you did nothing wrong, but the post was moved because it would have stood out in the original thread, and looked weird because what you replied to was now in the cage. No biggie. But I guess it is to you.

I've spoken with Tyr. HPD has not been back since. And now you are making your decision quite clear. I wish it were different, but it is what it is I guess.

So again - NO CHOICES to be made as you have stated, not happening.

Fwiw - didn't you come from a place, and y'all came here because that place was heavy handed mods and not fair and what not?

So you don't want a place that offers maximum freedom of speech and lack of heavy hands as many experience elsewhere, and are happy with them freedoms, as I've seen all 3 state many times - but then when it comes to things the other way - you want me to be heavy handed, instead of offering that FOS and alternatives in places to post anger, and abilities to make folks you don't like to nearly disappear. But you want ME to be the one to make the other person disappear.

I'm going to pay to have a new premium add-on for the site - that allows for solely ME to be able to "make the other folks disappear" in cases like this. Only thing is - they won't be gone, you will just think so. Basically pay good $$ for something that members already can do.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Posting is the same, other than me starting daily threads as I have been busy the last 2 days.

Again, NO DECISION is going to be made - other than reminding you guys of the cage - and the fact you control your ignore abilities. If you choose not to, then don't expect me to do so. It's simply not happening.

It's 3 long term members, yes. If you're going to bail because I won't ban someone of your choice, then I am quite sorry to hear that, but it's not changing my stance. And for fucks sake, you had ONE post moved - and I even stated that you did nothing wrong, but the post was moved because it would have stood out in the original thread, and looked weird because what you replied to was now in the cage. No biggie. But I guess it is to you.

I've spoken with Tyr. HPD has not been back since. And now you are making your decision quite clear. I wish it were different, but it is what it is I guess.

So again - NO CHOICES to be made as you have stated, not happening.

Fwiw - didn't you come from a place, and y'all came here because that place was heavy handed mods and not fair and what not?

So you don't want a place that offers maximum freedom of speech and lack of heavy hands as many experience elsewhere, and are happy with them freedoms, as I've seen all 3 state many times - but then when it comes to things the other way - you want me to be heavy handed, instead of offering that FOS and alternatives in places to post anger, and abilities to make folks you don't like to nearly disappear. But you want ME to be the one to make the other person disappear.

I'm going to pay to have a new premium add-on for the site - that allows for solely ME to be able to "make the other folks disappear" in cases like this. Only thing is - they won't be gone, you will just think so. Basically pay good $$ for something that members already can do.
    Why would you pay for something like that? Just tell the whiny pussy to shut up you're tired of his bleeding

LOL I really can't help myself, I see a moron I point and laugh. This dude just really had the nerve to threaten you if you didn't succumb to his demands , he really IS a liberal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

So if LongTimePussy , Tyr Waters, and High Snowflake Drifter leave the board two thing happen.

1. The Cumulative IQ of the board drops by 100 points

and

2. The Mean IQ of the board rises by 30 points

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by STTAB View Post
    So if LongTimePussy , Tyr Waters, and High Snowflake Drifter leave the board two thing happen.

1. The Cumulative IQ of the board drops by 100 points

and

2. The Mean IQ of the board rises by 30 points

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Tyr is going anywhere, but stands behind his beliefs, and I can respect that. I also believe he placed you on ignore now, so no need to jump on him while he's no reading AND doing what I asked of everyone, and gave that choice.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Tyr is going anywhere, but stands behind his beliefs, and I can respect that. I also believe he placed you on ignore now, so no need to jump on him while he's no reading AND doing what I asked of everyone, and gave that choice.
    I don't want anyone to leave, or be banned. That's totally against everything I believe in.

I hope they all stay.

As for placing me on ignore. I can believe he took the coward's way out. I shan't mention him again.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I shan't mention him again.
    Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

How do people find it so easy to walk away from long time friendships, over politics?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

9. Thanks hjmick thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    How do people find it so easy to walk away from long time friendships, over politics?
    Happened a TON over the Trump presidency. I have no idea either though. Been through it with my Aunt, believe it or not, and still don't hear from them.

Hell, always a lot more to talk about besides politics. I always thought her and I were cool as hell, and I would just show up at times with a couple cups of coffee and we would chat away. Hell, I spent more time with her and it's Diana's aunt! But she brought up stuff while I was there, and of course I politely disagreed and gave her my opinion. No fight even, although she disagreed of course. But then I noticed she was suddenly posting all kinds of rotten Trump stuff on her FB page, and then made a written statement, and it was about Trump supporters, and it wasn't nice at all!! Sounded like the deplorable speech from Hillary. I, of course very politely again, asked her if she saw any of those qualities in ME, as she knew I supported him. I thought for sure I put her on the spot and she would apologize and say 'of course not'. Instead, she deleted me!!! LOL Haven't heard from her since. I'll never understand that. Cant agree to disagree? Can't just discuss family with me? Discuss just regular news and everyday shit we always talked about? I guess not. Support him and she was done with me!

11. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default Hard to explain Abbey, but...

My wife and I HAD friends (neighbors) who still live directly across the street from our home. We WERE friends until the lady of the pair, found out We voted for, and supported Trump. She began talking about FRACKING, since she is from Utah, and a Tree Hugger of sorts. I asked her..."Please, don't go there?" But she got angry I didn't want to talk about HOW FRACKING IS DESTROYING THE EARTH.

Since the day she walked out our front door. CRICKETS, intentional Avoidance of making eye contact, and not even a friendly wave.

So...though it doesn't answer your question. WHO KNOWS?
    I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

13. Thanks jimnyc, Abbey Marie thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I agree.

I said mostly what I had to say during the election, I only bring up politics in the most general sense now. I’ve a few friends that can discuss our differences without name calling and those are folks that I enjoy debating with.

Those that want to get nasty? We talk weather.

Friends are more important to me than any weirdo politician or trying to convince them to think like me.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

15. Thanks icansayit thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

People who let politics ruin friendships truly are mentally ill.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jesus hung out with folks who were extremely politically incorrect.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

But not all mentally ill ruin friendships.

I hate the word "mental", but truth is I have bipolar like stated, and it's listed as some mental disorder by many, and myself and others as a "mood disorder" - but then with trouble sleeping thinking about non-stop stress, and I told my doc that it just jumps from one thing to another and I think about everything and anything when in bed late at night - and he calls them "racing thoughts", which sounds about right I guess. But of course the meds he gave to helpe toss that aside and help me sleep, is just for that, for me, but has "dual" effects and what not - and if you look it up is boils down the mania, but I have "hypomania" which is actually less but sounds worse, and many dummies just see "maniac" in that word! LOL

F it, I run with it. If someone asks too many questions for example, I tell them "Yep, I'm a but, and the meds keep me from wanting to kill you".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

But not all mentally ill ruin friendships.

I hate the word "mental", but truth is I have bipolar like stated, and it's listed as some mental disorder by many, and myself and others as a "mood disorder" - but then with trouble sleeping thinking about non-stop stress, and I told my doc that it just jumps from one thing to another and I think about everything and anything when in bed late at night - and he calls them "racing thoughts", which sounds about right I guess. But of course the meds he gave to helpe toss that aside and help me sleep, is just for that, for me, but has "dual" effects and what not - and if you look it up is boils down the mania, but I have "hypomania" which is actually less but sounds worse, and many dummies just see "maniac" in that word! LOL

F it, I run with it. If someone asks too many questions for example, I tell them "Yep, I'm a but, and the meds keep me from wanting to kill you".
    Of course not, there are varying degrees of mental illness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Wow. I've only just encountered all of this. Until now, I had no idea such contention was going on.

I'm not at all sure it's my business to get involved in this, but, I've a perspective to offer.

For starters, boards such as this one should require, and have, certain civilised standards. Name-calling just to satisfy one's ego, for example, definitely isn't one of them. OK ... there's such a thing as 'provocaction', but ideally it shouldn't become an issue. If it is, then we've got the PM facility to use, to let off steam or otherwise work towards a resolution.

This board exists to facilitate reasoned discussion. Its members should be dedicated to that goal. Now, one member may put forward an idea, or perspective, which another disagrees with extremely strongly ... deservedly so, or not. The 'deservedly or not' is something that should be tested, as objectively as possible, to see what holds greater merit.

Ideally, such a debate weeds out what is or is not meritorious, then, if it's a question of conceding to the better argument or the better, more evident truth, then the 'losing Party' should have the good grace to concede, as logic and decency demands.

Well now ... that, folks, is the 'ideal' to strive for. So often, it doesn't work out that way. Egotism takes over. Or, pride. Or, adherence to an agenda which the losing Party can never give ground on, ever, no matter how unjustified are the grounds for continued adherence.

Absolutely none of that is helpful, or achieves anything constructive.

Boards such as this are, actually, a valuable resource -- or, CAN be, if used wisely. But, no. Too often their potential is strayed from.

I, myself, have strong beliefs, and I'm here to not only give voice to them, but to see how well they stand up to any degree of testing of them. Sure, I'll fight my corner as strongly as possible, BUT, if proven wrong on something, I'll concede it.

Proven truth will do it, or, the sheer strength of an opposing argument. An abiding objectivity will do it, IF appropriately applied.

Now ... isn't that the preferred approach ? Or will name-calling win the day, instead, and will the Steel Cage always need to be here, as a pressure valve, for those who'll stoop to name-calling as a preference ?

'You Pussies' isn't the most objective or helpful use of language I can think of. It serves to inflame, to spur people on into offence, outrage, and entrenched positions. It's just useless as any way forward.

So, my suggestion: we're here to debate. If an arguing position is proven weak and lacking in merit ... have the decency and objectivity to do what civilised behaviour demands, and follow through accordingly.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

21. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post