Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default BBC and Attenborough Accused of Fake News Misinformation on ‘Climate Change'

Obviously the desire for the new to alter things to their own views to push a political agenda.

Now I'm not stating that there is or isn't any global warming (although I disagree anything man made), but this is more about the show that aired, the BS they spread in it - and the awesome response and shredding they received in the form of a complain from "The Global Warming Policy Foundation".

In other words, regardless of the entire overall argument, BBC and this show tried to put fear into the viewers with either misleading and/or outright false information. You should really read the PDF I will link to, read the entire letter for a lot of point by point shootdown of what they aired.

This is the idiot that claimed the walruses falling off cliffs and dying were doing so because of global warming. Yeah, right. More like the truth came out again - and it was because they were running from polar bears, which makes complete sense. But gotta get the global warming blame in there again.

The link is in the article, but in case some don't visit the link to the article, here's a direct link to the letter:

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uplo...-April2019.pdf

---

BBC and Attenborough Accused of Fake News Misinformation on ‘Climate Change: The Facts’

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) has made a formal complaint to the BBC about the series of gross inaccuracies in its recent documentary Climate Change: The Facts.

As wags have quipped, the programme presented by Sir David Attenborough was so riddled with errors it really should have been called Climate: Change The Facts.

Now the GWPF has written to the BBC Complaints department listing just a few of them. The letter can be read here.

According to the GPWF, the programme “went far beyond its remit to present the facts about climate change, instead broadcasting a highly politicised manifesto in favour of renewable energy and unjustified alarm.”

The GWPF says:

The programme highlighted suggestions that storms, floods, heatwaves and sea level rise are all rapidly getting worse as a result of climate change.

However, the best available data, published in the last few years by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and NASA, contradicts the BBC’s alarmist exaggeration of empirical evidence.

In its 5th Assessment Report (2013), the IPCC concluded:

“Current datasets indicate no significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency over the past century … No robust trends in annual numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes and major hurricanes counts have been identified over the past 100 years in the North Atlantic basin.”

In its more recent Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C, published in 2018, these findings were reconfirmed. It stated that

“Numerous studies towards and beyond AR5 have reported a decreasing trend in the global number of tropical cyclones and/or the globally accumulated cyclonic energy… There is consequently low confidence in the larger number of studies reporting increasing trends in the global number of very intense cyclones.”

Regarding floods, the IPCC’s Special Report concluded:

“There is low confidence due to limited evidence, however, that anthropogenic climate change has affected the frequency and the magnitude of floods. “

There is also no observational evidence that the rate of sea level rise is getting worse. NASA satellite data shows that since 1993, there has been an annual mean sea level rise of 3.3mm, with no significant level of acceleration in the last three decades.

Suggestions by David Attenborough and Michael Mann that climate change is causing increases in wildfires in the US and globally are also misleading and not supported by any empirical evidence.

According to a survey published by the Royal Society the global area burned has actually declined over past decades, and there is increasing evidence to suggest that there is less fire in the global landscape today than centuries ago. These are vitally important facts that should have been mentioned if an accurate description of the impact of climate change on wildfires was to be maintained.
    This is the second #fakenews scandal to embroil Sir David Attenborough in the space of a fortnight. Earlier this month, another Attenborough documentary — Our Planet on Netflix — was accused of misrepresenting footage of walruses tumbling to their deaths over a cliff. Attenborough claimed on the voiceover that this had been caused by “climate change” and the melting of the sea ice on which the walruses hunted for food. But evidence has since emerged that it wasn’t climate change which killed the walruses but rather a combination of marauding polar bears and the Netflix film crew whose activities may have scared the tusked, bewhiskered creatures to their doom.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...facts-lied-us/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Obviously the desire for the new to alter things to their own views to push a political agenda.

Now I'm not stating that there is or isn't any global warming (although I disagree anything man made), but this is more about the show that aired, the BS they spread in it - and the awesome response and shredding they received in the form of a complain from "The Global Warming Policy Foundation".

In other words, regardless of the entire overall argument, BBC and this show tried to put fear into the viewers with either misleading and/or outright false information. You should really read the PDF I will link to, read the entire letter for a lot of point by point shootdown of what they aired.

This is the idiot that claimed the walruses falling off cliffs and dying were doing so because of global warming. Yeah, right. More like the truth came out again - and it was because they were running from polar bears, which makes complete sense. But gotta get the global warming blame in there again.

The link is in the article, but in case some don't visit the link to the article, here's a direct link to the letter:

https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uplo...-April2019.pdf

---

BBC and Attenborough Accused of Fake News Misinformation on ‘Climate Change: The Facts’

The Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF) has made a formal complaint to the BBC about the series of gross inaccuracies in its recent documentary Climate Change: The Facts.

As wags have quipped, the programme presented by Sir David Attenborough was so riddled with errors it really should have been called Climate: Change The Facts.

Now the GWPF has written to the BBC Complaints department listing just a few of them. The letter can be read here.

According to the GPWF, the programme “went far beyond its remit to present the facts about climate change, instead broadcasting a highly politicised manifesto in favour of renewable energy and unjustified alarm.”

The GWPF says:

This is the second #fakenews scandal to embroil Sir David Attenborough in the space of a fortnight. Earlier this month, another Attenborough documentary — Our Planet on Netflix — was accused of misrepresenting footage of walruses tumbling to their deaths over a cliff. Attenborough claimed on the voiceover that this had been caused by “climate change” and the melting of the sea ice on which the walruses hunted for food. But evidence has since emerged that it wasn’t climate change which killed the walruses but rather a combination of marauding polar bears and the Netflix film crew whose activities may have scared the tusked, bewhiskered creatures to their doom.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...facts-lied-us/
    Well, well, well !!!

Perhaps I watch too much BBC, or don't read enough newspapers, but until I saw this post I was unaware of ANY, literally ANY, opposition to Attenborough's pronouncements. Any average Brit would just swallow all he has to say whole, not questioning anything.

This is partly because he commands considerable respect in our media, so is seen as an unimpeachable authority on all he broadcasts about .. and also because social pressures to accept what outfits such as the BBC (which is, after all, our flagship State broadcaster) have to say on these things is nothing short of immense.

It tends to be the way of things that the greater the concentrated propagandist onslaught propagated by our media is, the greater the social impact is, and the greater its success. The 'Greater Good' is forever the perceived social precedent by which any manner of changes in outlook, followed fairly swiftly by legislative compulsion, can be arranged.

So .. Attenborough & Co have been telling 'porkie pies', eh ? [Rhyming slang for 'lies']

Well - when you create a climate where subsuming individuality for the sake of an all-important 'Greater Good' becomes too much of a norm, all manner of abuses can follow from it.

This is one such. And sure enough, the target audience is thoroughly duped into subservience (using the vehicle of 'social conscience'), to ... a LIE.
    Last edited by Drummond; 04-28-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

I might ruffle some feathers with this, but the 'man-made global warming' movement is a 90% farce.

The planet is constantly evolving as has been proven by ice core samples from Antarctic and tree ring samples
    from Redwoods and Bristlecone pines. Weather patterns change over the eons, period.

The earths Magnetic North Pole has an annual variation, which is shown on compass roses printed on
    nautical charts. Variation is an East or West shift. Using True North would throw you track off over a distance.
    Back before GPS that is what we used to use to plot long distance navigation routes
    and large search patterns. I am sure below the equator, those navigation charts show a different
    variation.

That is mother earths sign that we are NOT in charge.
    Last edited by Elessar; 04-28-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    I have lost my mind. If found, please give it a snack and return it?

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of others"...John Wayne in "The Shootist"

A Deplorable!

4. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post