Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Doris Day dies; legendary actress and singer was 97

Doris Day dies; legendary actress and singer was 97
    By VALERIE J. NELSON
    MAY 13, 2019 | 6:00 PM

Legendary actress and singer Doris Day has died at 97.
    Doris Day arrived in Hollywood in the late 1940s already a celebrity, a big-band singer on her way to becoming a movie star. She had early success in light musicals, but as they fell out of fashion she modernized herself in a way that probably confused mid-20th century America: With a bubbly screen presence and a blinding smile, Day was the rare movie heroine who held a great job while having the requisite romance.

Women wanted to be her and men wanted to marry someone like her. The equation proved to be box office gold.

Day died of pneumonia Monday at her Carmel Valley, Calif., home. She was 97.

She had been “in excellent physical health for her age” until recently, the Doris Day Animal Foundation said in an emailed statement

I remember how much our mother liked the beautiful, talented actress.
    And how this actress avoided being involved in the thousands of scandals that Hollywood had during her many decades long career there.
    She was a true and great talent.. and it seems a very decent and kind person as well..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Read about this late last night. I honestly was never a fan of hers, not because of any dislike in the slightest bit, but I believe I may be just a few years short of her work. But what I have seen was great, and she was a beautiful woman. May she RIP.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock