Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Default Seven Years Now And I Am Still Here.

I joined this site in May 2012, it is now May 2019. I just realized it has been 7 years !
    And by some miracle I am still here, even after, several now gone members, tried their damn best to force me to leave.
    Of course none knew since age 15 nobody has had that ability to force me to do anything that violated any of my core and ironclad principles.
    So I am thanking Jim and this entire board for the blessing for me of my friends, putting up with me, my rants, my flaws, my writings, my poetry.
    Gonna go today, get a bottle of fine whiskey and have myself a toast tonight.(maybe even two or three)--
    Seriously, thanks friends, for enduring this now old man's meanderings, poetic renderings, ranting, passionate anger, usual stubborn character, many fallacies and yes my - immense Southern pride.
    I have been truly blessed and am truly appreciative in finding and having so many very fine friends here..
    God bless, one and all,
    Robert J. Lindley, aka- --Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

3. Thanks Gunny, Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Glad to have you all this time, Robert!

I honestly haven't read every single bit of poetry you have posted, which is a lot, a lot of dedication!

7 years went by too fast, like all other good things in life. Almost 12 years for the board now, and like 18 years or so since I first met a few friends arguing on a free crappy comments site, started our own gig and ran with it. Had no idea that it would make me so many good friends, and allow others to make friends, and have more positive results than folks verbally telling the other side how much they hate them.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

5. Likes SassyLady, Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot View Post
    I joined this site in May 2012, it is now May 2019. I just realized it has been 7 years !
    And by some miracle I am still here, even after, several now gone members, tried their damn best to force me to leave.
    Of course none knew since age 15 nobody has had that ability to force me to do anything that violated any of my core and ironclad principles.
    So I am thanking Jim and this entire board for the blessing for me of my friends, putting up with me, my rants, my flaws, my writings, my poetry.
    Gonna go today, get a bottle of fine whiskey and have myself a toast tonight.(maybe even two or three)--
    Seriously, thanks friends, for enduring this now old man's meanderings, poetic renderings, ranting, passionate anger, usual stubborn character, many fallacies and yes my - immense Southern pride.
    I have been truly blessed and am truly appreciative in finding and having so many very fine friends here..
    God bless, one and all,
    So glad you are here, Robert!

Every day of life is a gift, is it not?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

God bless, one and all,

"even after, several now gone members, tried their damn best to force me to leave."

My dear friend Tyr....I know its sounds good ....but who tried to force you to leave if I may ask?...Certainly was not me... you and I talked on "our personal private e-mail".....I certainly did not try to ask you to leave...we talked about "other things" my friend....and if you remember...when we first talked you were telling me (when you were angry) ...you were thinking about pulling all your poems....and I said no leave them there ..it was good stuff and you put much work into them...

Neither you or I had anything bad to say about Jimmy or the site....(Im only talking about myself..you and High Plains drifter here No one else)...We all love the site and most folks here....Im still here on and off... because I enjoy reading all the threads and enjoy the site and its mostly good people IMO....I give a "like" once in awhile also ......Jimmy knows all this...we talked and I let him know exactly like ...>what what Im saying here....So in closing hopefully over the years you are speaking of other people...

Thank you my friend..and GOD bless you also.

LTG (Jack)
    Last edited by LongTermGuy; 05-15-2019 at 01:48 PM.

9. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

"even after, several now gone members, tried their damn best to force me to leave."

My dear friend Tyr....I know its sounds good ....but who tried to force you to leave if I may ask?...Certainly was not me... you and I talked on "our personal private e-mail".....I certainly did not try to ask you to leave...we talked about "other things" my friend....and if you remember...when we first talked you were telling me (when you were angry) ...you were thinking about pulling all your poems....and I said no leave them there ..it was good stuff and you put much work into them...

Neither you or I had anything bad to say about Jimmy or the site....(Im only talking about myself..you and High Plains drifter here No one else)...We all love the site and most folks here....Im still here on and off... because I enjoy reading all the threads and enjoy the site and its mostly good people IMO....I give a "like" once in awhile also ......Jimmy knows all this...we talked and I let him know exactly like ...>what what Im saying here....So in closing hopefully over the years you are speaking of other people...

LTG (Jack)
    I'm pretty confident that he was speaking of liberals and other unmentionables that he had gotten into it with over the years - and not you. But I'll let him answer further if I'm off base.

But this is why folks shouldn't discuss things in public that were told to them in private. We're supposed to all be friends, and it should stay that way. And if someone has a question, they should ask their friend first. And this is all meant in a friendly way, but I can visualize right in front of me things negative happening that shouldn't be.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

11. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    So glad you are here, Robert!

Every day of life is a gift, is it not?
    Yes it is my good friend. Sad part is I only got this at age 50...
    First two marriages put me through living hells.
    Now with a faithful and beautiful wife and my kids blessings are given unto me.
    For which I thank God everyday..-Tyr
    18 U.S. Code § 2381-Treason Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

13. Likes Abbey Marie, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LongTermGuy View Post

LTG (Jack)
    Yes, my good friend I was speaking of other people-- those that attacked me years go.
    Recent events were not a part of my posting. You and I are good friends and it is an honor for me to be your friend!!!
    This board is run well by Jim and he has to make hard decisions as it is not ever possible to please everybody.
    So lets leave recent past problems in the past, ok?
    We are friends and we agree on almost all political things. So our fellowship runs smooth and our friendship stays solid.
    God bless.-Tyr
    Last edited by Tyr-Ziu Saxnot; 05-15-2019 at 04:07 PM.

15. Thanks Abbey Marie, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Yes, my good friend I was speaking of other people-- those that attacked me years go.
    Recent events were not a part of my posting. You and I are good friends and it is an honor for me to be your friend!!!
    This board is run well by Jim and he has to make hard decisions as it is not ever possible to please everybody.
    We are friends and we agree on almost all political things. So our fellowship runs smooth and our friendship stays solid.
    God bless.-Tyr
    You and I have certainly had our moments on this forum !!

You're a much-valued contributor to it ... and I'm proud to be your friend, and for that matter, a comrade sharing hopes and beliefs with you.

Keep posting, and making this forum a better place for your presence on it.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

17. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Drummond View Post
    You and I have certainly had our moments on this forum !!

You're a much-valued contributor to it ... and I'm proud to be your friend, and for that matter, a comrade sharing hopes and beliefs with you.

Keep posting, and making this forum a better place for your presence on it.
    Thank you my good friend, for such a kind and generous comment of support, friendship, fellowship/comradery.
    Always proud and blessed to be friends with you..
    And I truly say and believe, that your being a member here is also a blessing and positive addition to this site..
    Especially so, in that you bring a (rare) conservative European view here. One of keen insight, and judicious wisdom.-Tyr

19. Thanks Drummond thanked this post
    Likes Drummond, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

God bless.-Tyr

Thank you for clearing that up friend...

Have a good day...going to work...see ya later.

21. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Drummond liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)

Thank you my good friend, for such a kind and generous comment of support, friendship, fellowship/comradery.
    Always proud and blessed to be friends with you..
    And I truly say and believe, that your being a member here is also a blessing and positive addition to this site..
    Especially so, in that you bring a (rare) conservative European view here. One of keen insight, and judicious wisdom.-Tyr
    Very kind and generous words, Tyr !

I naturally mirror them back to you (without the European reference, of course). Best wishes, as ever, Tyr.
    It's That Bloody Foreigner Again !!!

23. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot, LongTermGuy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Every day I beat my previous record of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

25. Thanks Tyr-Ziu Saxnot thanked this post
    Likes Tyr-Ziu Saxnot liked this post