Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Trump's biggest obstacle in 2020 - and it's not the Democrats

It's not like he didn't create a part of this animal either...

BUT, he is the president, like it nor not. And the news, well, they are the news agencies.

The media have tried to control the narrative for a long long time now. They can simply 'alter' the news to their liking and then report it as such. It used to be almost all news, with a pundit on each station or similar. Now they spend 5 minutes on the news, and cover only what they choose - and the rest is just agenda driven BS.

And yep, BOTH sides do it. Problem is, one side has almost all the TV media. That's why I don't mind Trump making corrections, even if he is an ass about it. And I get a ton, if not most of my news from online and a combination of tons and tons of sources. If, like the old days, and you would just choose a station to watch the 5 'o clock news or the 11 'o clock news, well...

---

Trump campaign says the media is its 'biggest obstacle' in 2020

President Donald Trump’s campaign is taking stock of his opponents in the 2020 presidential election, but it’s not the Democrats they are worried about.

Instead, senior campaign communications officials say the media is the “biggest obstacle” to the president’s reelection.

During a Daily Caller visit to the official campaign headquarters in Northern Virginia, the officials spoke of their reelection strategy, the messaging on Democratic candidates, and their relative optimism about Trump’s chances in 2020. The Daily Caller wasn’t the first media outlet to take a tour of the HQ — a peek at the organization’s guest book revealed that the campaign had already met with The Hill, NPR, and Fox News, among others.

Despite the communication team’s obvious attempts to establish good working relationships with media outlets, the officials described hostile behavior from some reporters that they believe will hinder their efforts. Tim Murtaugh, the Trump Campaign’s director of communications, Erin Perrine, the deputy communications director, and Kayleigh McEnany, the national press secretary, all said they routinely feel frustrated when dealing with the media.

“People always ask, ‘what’s your biggest challenge, what’s your biggest obstacle?’” Murtaugh said. “And Kayleigh always says, ‘the media.’ The media is our biggest challenge.”

“It is very frustrating,” he said, referring to at least one outlet as outright “adversarial.”

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/17/t...obstacle-2020/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Media: democrat propaganda wing.

3. Thanks Elessar thanked this post
    Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Trump can be blamed I guess for getting down in the mud with the liberal media, but I don’t think he has any share of the blame for their biased, lying coverage. They are unhinged because he doesn’t suffer their lies silently.

I agree that the pathetic media is his biggest obstacle. They control the narrative, and a largely dumb electorate buys into it.
    Unfortunately, we can’t put this horse back in the barn.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

5. Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

He better worry about the Democrats. They got caught with their pants down last time in an election that was theirs to lose. They aren't going to do THAT twice. Personally, having seen the media and Democrats in action the past 2 years, I'm pretty convinced the Dems are going to either steal the election, or tie it up in court for one of their usual, stupid ass reasons. I don't see them ready to accept another loss. Hell, they still haven't accepted the first one

That isn't discounting the media threat either. It's just not discounting the antics of the circus elephant in the room.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Likes Abbey Marie liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    He better worry about the Democrats. They got caught with their pants down last time in an election that was theirs to lose. They aren't going to do THAT twice. Personally, having seen the media and Democrats in action the past 2 years, I'm pretty convinced the Dems are going to either steal the election, or tie it up in court for one of their usual, stupid ass reasons. I don't see them ready to accept another loss. Hell, they still haven't accepted the first one

That isn't discounting the media threat either. It's just not discounting the antics of the circus elephant in the room.
    I agree with that 100%, Gunny. I just nope the republicans are PLANNING for all that to happen, and are going to fight it all tooth and nail. But, going on how lacksidaisical their response to obviously cheating the last elections, dems removing ballot boxes and mysteriously finding hundreds and thousands of... ahem... LOST votes, and then counting them AFTER the election is over, and the republicans just rolling over and playing DEAD and allowing it happen, I don't hold out much hope they'll do much about any cheating in November either. That will tick off one hellova a lot of Americans though. One more dem president and this nation is going to be in a world of hurt. I can see states seceding and the lot of the spineless turds in Washington do nothing.

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    I agree with that 100%, Gunny. I just nope the republicans are PLANNING for all that to happen, and are going to fight it all tooth and nail. But, going on how lacksidaisical their response to obviously cheating the last elections, dems removing ballot boxes and mysteriously finding hundreds and thousands of... ahem... LOST votes, and then counting them AFTER the election is over, and the republicans just rolling over and playing DEAD and allowing it happen, I don't hold out much hope they'll do much about any cheating in November either. That will tick off one hellova a lot of Americans though. One more dem president and this nation is going to be in a world of hurt. I can see states seceding and the lot of the spineless turds in Washington do nothing.
    My issue with the right is pretty much what you said. WHAT, exactly, does it take to get the right motivated, pissed off and turn out? Hell, what does it take to get them to think past tomorrow?

It isn't like stealing the enemy's Top Secret plan going on here. The Dems/left lie, steal and cheat, and if you want to be honest kill right in everyone's face and don't give a damn who knows because no one is going to do a damned thing about it. How long have we been waiting on Clinton to be tried for the obvious?

We have ragheads in Congress who, if they were Republicans and white and talked about blacks the way they do Jews the shriek heard round the World calling for their heads would deafen most of us.

Yet, the Republicans/right just sit there with that "Duh ..." look on their faces and do absolutely nothing. "I'm not a crime stopper ... I'm just a crime reporter". "Oh look at them. We aren't like that". Nope. We're not. We're allowing them to steal everything left of this country right in our faces, using our own laws and freedom against themselves to do so.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

11. Thanks High_Plains_Drifter thanked this post
    Likes High_Plains_Drifter liked this post