Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Game of Thrones - Sexist, Racist & anti-handicap

Yup, it's a TV show, but it still finished with all kinds of labels as folks didn't "get their way" in what they wanted from the show. Seriously, 7 seasons and none of that crap - and then the last 3 episodes draw out these accusations.

The show was instantly racist when they cut off Missandei's head. I guess people thought that after 70+ episodes and clear story to an extent, that somehow she would end up with the throne or something else? Or that she didn't need to die? That was part of the story line. It hardly makes anyone racist.

Then they were sexist. Even though the show was FILLED with powerful women, and one of them winning the title of "Queen", the show was sexist for killing Daenarys, not letting Arya do this and that and for a few other dumb things/reasons.

Then lastly as the show ended, they were now accused of being against handicapped people. Mind you, they were ALL FOR IT all along, but then in the very last episode they declare Bran to be "Bran the Broken" and declare him King. And that name now makes the whole thing anti-handicap.

Do people literally wake up and look for reasons to rail on others & find these "phobia" names and "ist" names? Couldn't people just watch and enjoy? I wasn't thrilled with the outcome after all these years either, but still enjoyed it!! I'm not demanding a reshoot of the entire season as some. And I'm sure as hell not laying out names like that.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

I've never watched so much as a minute of that show. Don't have HBO. Won't have HBO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

All those who are making those accusations must be liberal democrats ... easily offended.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Why does it say "7 members who have read this thread" but only lists 3? Just curious how that works?

@jimnyc
    Last edited by High_Plains_Drifter; 05-28-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by High_Plains_Drifter View Post
    Why does it say "7 members who have read this thread" but only lists 3? Just curious how that works?

@jimnyc
    Folks that have themselves set to 'invisible' don't show up on the list, but apparently do through the totals
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock