Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Apparently a lot of sea sponges on the left

AOC declared the world to be ending in 12 years. Many took her lead. After time, and ridicule, last week she claimed it wasn't meant to be factual or literal.

Well, she should tell that to the sea sponges.

---

Most Democrats believe Cortez's claim that she said only a sea sponge would believe

More than two-thirds of Democrats believe Democratic New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that “the world is going to end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change” despite the congresswoman later saying that “you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge” to take her literally.

“Millennials and people, you know, Gen Z and all these folks that will come after us are looking up and we’re like: ‘The world is gonna end in 12 years if we don’t address climate change and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?'” Ocasio-Cortez said during an interview in January.

The freshman congresswoman also doubled down on the claim in April, again warning that there is only 12 years remaining and that “for everyone who wants to make a joke about that, you may laugh, but your grandkids will not.”

Ocasio-Cortez later flipped her position in early May, referring to the 12-year deadline as merely “dry humor + sarcasm” and asserted that those who took her literally “have the social intelligence of a sea sponge.”

This is a technique of the GOP, to take dry humor + sarcasm literally and “fact check” it.

Like the “world ending in 12 years” thing, you’d have to have the social intelligence of a sea sponge to think it’s literal.

But the GOP is basically Dwight from The Office so who knows. https://t.co/pmkwrdeAnq

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 12, 2019
    However, a recent poll shows that an overwhelming majority of her own party took her claims literally. Sixty-seven percent of Democrats believe that the U.S. has only 12 years to aggressively fight climate change or else there will be “disastrous and irreparable damage to the country and the world.” Only 48 percent of total likely voters believe the statement.

While conducting the survey, the poll did not identify Ocasio-Cortez or any other politicians who promulgated the 12-year deadline.

Rest - https://dailycaller.com/2019/05/22/o...orld-end-poll/
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Default We all know, she's in line to replace Pelosi and Bat Sheit Crazy.

But, think about this (tongue in cheek of course). Somebody should ask AOC about why SO MANY SEA SPONGES....fail to bring the Level of the Ocean's down. Since SPONGES SOAK UP WATER!

Guess we'll all see in 12 years when the OCEANS dry up from GLOBAL WARMING...(except for Sea Sponges)

https://ntknetwork.com/aoc-uses-spon...reen-new-deal/
    Maybe AOC is still a SPONGE BOB fan....

I may be older than most. I may say things not everybody will like.
    But despite all of that. I will never lower myself to the level of Liars, Haters, Cheats, and Hypocrites.
    Philippians 4:13 I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)